Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572839 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1605
20/20 isn’t going away Jonny.

Probably more for the players to adapt to playing the different forms.

I couldn't agree more, but there is no value in training Australian players to play that format.

Reply #1606
Day 1 Perth on a green top, and the ball is running along the deck at ankle height off the Indian fast bowlers!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1607
Then the ball spits at Harris from a good length.

Absolute crap from Khawaja again, dunno why he is so highly rated.  One good bash in the UAE and nothing but flat-footed crap since.

3 for 130 and squandered a good start. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1608
Had $5 on Harris to make a ton... probably jinxed him. Sorry.

Reply #1609
No,  i turned on the telly.   Should have known better.

Reply #1610
Don't understand why Handscombe keeps trying to run the ball in the air down to third man, keeps holing out to it.   I fear that Handscombe is shy of the required ability at this level

Reply #1611
Khawaja .... totally over him.  How many chances does he get and he's still useless.

Reply #1612
Agreed... Talked up and talked up,  yet involved in every collapse.   Looks great,  delivers F all.

Reply #1613
Khawaja .... totally over him.  How many chances does he get and he's still useless.
He shouldn't have played. He isn't that bad, but after his injury he needed to find form. He hasn't. He needs badly to regain his touch with Shield performances, not pottering around like an old chook in test matches.
There is a place for him when he is fit: our team is not strong enough to ignore him. But he needed time to prepare. He didn't get it.

Who do we bring in? Good question, but not Mitch Marsh. The others have done something: one or two have even looked reasonable at times. But we can't get away playing half fit players with our team as it is.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1614
Yep,  hard to find form at test level. Injury occurred at a most inopportune time.

Reply #1615
FFS Marsh ... you're too far back !!

Reply #1616
Not far enough.   Should be in the grandstand,  deadset screwing useless. At least he's consistent.... Consistently disappointing.

Reply #1617
And thankfully we won't have to watch Handscombes cringe worthy "technique" in Melbourne.   Seriously,  how does he expect to make runs at first class level going back to pitched up deliveries !?!

Reply #1619
Can understand this,  but it's all relative isn't it?   Compared to the current bunch he's Alan Border.   But overall his record is one of a very inconsistent player.   I pray he makes plenty this dig,  but I'm being hopeful not expectant. Like the others,  you feel he can get out any ball,  he never looks "in".