Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572630 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1635
I think it will be flat tomorrow morning, but up to lunch, and just after, it will be action stations for the Australian bowlers.

How good is Nathan Lyon? A very good player now.

If the Aussies get an early breakthrough, it will be done within the hour.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1636
I think it will be flat tomorrow morning, but up to lunch, and just after, it will be action stations for the Australian bowlers.

How good is Nathan Lyon? A very good player now.

The trick might be to use Lyon early, rolling does seem to settle the pitch down in the morning sessions, maybe it's a bit spongy.

If the Aussies get an early breakthrough, it will be done within the hour.

Yes, I feel Australia do not even need to attack, if they restrict runs it's the sort of pitch that gets you out eventually. Just keeping the pill on line and not wasting deliveries would be a huge help. I thought our pace trio struggled again yesterday, two or three wickets came from batsmen error playing well away from their body. That's the pitch not the bowling.

The Indian bowlers have showed our lot up, they got the length better, not so many chest high deliveries and more waist / hip high. That took great advantage of the wide pitch variation.

I wonder if India will play such a long tail in Melbourne!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1637
Paine to Vijay:  "I know he's your captain, but you can't really like him as a person"

;D !
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1638
Lyons been outstanding for a couple of years now, I never woulda thunk it...

It was interesting hearing Mitchell Johnston talking about Lyon.  He said that Lyon has always been a very good bowler but the difference is that he is now confident of his own ability.

I believe that he has now taken more wickets this calendar year than any other bowler   :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1639
Paine to Vijay:  "I know he's your captain, but you can't really like him as a person"

;D !

If Kohli was from any other country, there would be outrage about his behaviour on the field. Because he is from the country that controls world cricket, he is seen as a superhero. His behaviour is every bit as pathetic as Warner's.

Reply #1640
If Kohli was from any other country, there would be outrage about his behaviour on the field. Because he is from the country that controls world cricket, he is seen as a superhero. His behaviour is every bit as pathetic as Warner's.

Or is it because western journalists will be labeled as racists if they comment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1641
I think the answer is BOTH reasons.

Reply #1643
Isn't fear of speaking up a sign of bullying?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1644

He seems to be copping a fair serve from the commentators I'm listening too.  Even Catherine Murphy had a crack at him on the wireless this morning.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1645
He seems to be copping a fair serve from the commentators I'm listening too.  Even Catherine Murphy had a crack at him on the wireless this morning.

I think the bulk of the critical commentary is coming from non-traditional / non-traveling sources.

The past player commentators and full time traveling cricket commentators are suspiciously quiet, they know the BCCI butters their bread, and they try hard to avoid getting death threats when they visit the sub-continent.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1646
I think the bulk of the critical commentary is coming from non-traditional / non-traveling sources.

The past player commentators and full time traveling cricket commentators are suspiciously quiet, they know the BCCI butters their bread, and they try hard to avoid getting death threats when they visit the sub-continent.

Michael Vaugh said he is good for the game but Australian cricketers step over the line.
 :o

Reply #1647
Michael Vaugh said he is good for the game but Australian cricketers step over the line.
 :o

Well, that sort of says it all doesn't it!

Back on the game, our attack looks pretty limp, we might have to wait until after lunch for something to happen.

PS: Glad I jinxed myself! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1648

It was interesting hearing Mitchell Johnston talking about Lyon.  He said that Lyon has always been a very good bowler but the difference is that he is now confident of his own ability.

That is what separates the players from the greats.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #1649
9 for 140.
Finals, then 4 in a row!