Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572698 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1935
Kawahja is from NSW and he's average,  especially against spin.

Finch is finished at international level.  Chronic front foot issue.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1936
FFS, the Marsh brothers score runs but geez how can the national team keep tolerating the stupid ways they find to go out, today stumped on a wide!

CA should get these hacks out of the XI before we play Sri Lanka, or they will all make 200s and be embedded in the team for another half a decade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1937
One is never brim full of confidence watching either of them.  Techniques are atrocious, methods of dismissal, far worse

Reply #1938
Gees LP,  you're confident,  I'm worried that our bats will struggle to score against Sri Lanka, talk of double hundreds is pushing it a bit.

Reply #1939
Gees LP,  you're confident,  I'm worried that our bats will struggle to score against Sri Lanka, talk of double hundreds is pushing it a bit.

The 3rds batting 9 or 10 are making hundreds against the Sri Lankans!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1940
But the ones in the test side aren't.

Reply #1941
The 3rds batting 9 or 10 are making hundreds against the Sri Lankans!

Sri Lankans are a very ordinary outfit, I dont want the Marsh boys etc making runs vs these sub district standard hackers and then getting picked for England...
Their bowling is rancid with only the 40 year old Herath who isnt touring the only real test class bowler....

Pity we didnt play more tests vs India or maybe a couple vs South Africa and sort out the pretenders from the contenders.....

Reply #1942
Sri Lankans are a very ordinary outfit, I dont want the Marsh boys etc making runs vs these sub district standard hackers and then getting picked for England...
Their bowling is rancid with only the 40 year old Herath who isnt touring the only real test class bowler....

Pity we didnt play more tests vs India or maybe a couple vs South Africa and sort out the pretenders from the contenders.....

That's how I see it, but yet I can feel it unfolding that way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1943
However good or bad the Sri Lankans may be, Australia is faring poorly. Those trying for test spots are failing left and right. This game in Hobart has been a disaster.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1944
Hazlewood is out with a back injury, Richardson into the squad to play Sri Lanka. I hope they play him, I like what he brings and I think he would do well in England

Reply #1945
However good or bad the Sri Lankans may be, Australia is faring poorly. Those trying for test spots are failing left and right. This game in Hobart has been a disaster.

I can see how the Ashes tour will unfold a mile off....Jimmy Anderson will have one more home series, take our useless batmen to the cleaners & then smugly retire to a gush of plaudits from the Pommy press......it will be sickening...

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1946
They've also added Patterson to the squad...fair call, pick blokes scoring runs.  He should be in the final side ahead of both Burns & Renshaw given that he performed in the CA match.  We'll see.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1947
Kurtis Patterson added to the Australian squad for the upcoming test series against Sri Lanka, well deserved as it is hard to ignore his recent form.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #1948
Kurtis Patterson added to the Australian squad for the upcoming test series against Sri Lanka, well deserved as it is hard to ignore his recent form.

That begs the question why they named the squad before the game that was intended to give the likely prospects a chance to show their stuff?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1949
That begs the question why they named the squad before the game that was intended to give the likely prospects a chance to show their stuff?

Because the game is being run by a bunch of numpties.... sadly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!