Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572719 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1965
Any chance of Timmy ever winning the toss?

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1966
Any chance of Timmy ever winning the toss?

Any chance of Cummins getting the new ball ?

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1967
And whats worse is that the new boy is giving Starc a lesson in line & length !!!

Time for the fascination with Starc wasting the new ball to end.

Reply #1968
Above X 100000

Starc shown up by a kid in his first game.

Reply #1970
Richardson looks handy but very little opposition...

Which makes Starcs wicketless performance stand out even more ...Richardsons got 3 now, perfect seam position.  Ashes tour, lock it in.

Reply #1972
Refreshing to see an Australian quick moving it around and consistently bowling a line and length that questions the batsman's technique.

Starc bowls too full or short... And is wasting a pitch he should be excelling on.   And most worryingly,  is gunbarrell straight.  Too much fast,   innocuous crap.    Doesn't build or maintain pressure.

So,  no swing Starc is a liability.  He wouldn't be in my team for England on the dross he's bowling ATM.

Reply #1973
Burns must be in good form otherwise he wouldn't have touched that ball,  which swung and seamed - absolute peach. Sometimes you get a good one.

Khawaja is wearing my patience....committed batting suicide ten minutes from stumps.   Keeps finding ways to get out to off spin.  Has had just about as many chances as the Marsh brothers this bloke.

Reply #1974
Burns must be in good form otherwise he wouldn't have touched that ball,  which swung and seamed - absolute peach. Sometimes you get a good one.

Khawaja is wearing my patience....committed batting suicide ten minutes from stumps.   Keeps finding ways to get out to off spin.  Has had just about as many chances as the Marsh brothers this bloke.

Burns is ordinary IMO and Khawaja overhyped...that attack they faced has to be about the worst in test cricket.....and their batting isnt much better, anyone failing to make runs vs this mob doesnt have much of a future.

Reply #1975
Hearing you EB but there is a perception issue at play I reckon. Burns looks heavy footed and isn't the most fluent looking bat but what he did do looked good technically... When he played shots they stayed hit, and it took a real Jaffa to get him.   Whereas Khawaja looks fluid and stylish... But is scratching around like an old chook with the odd flashy shot from the pacemen punctuated by ugly get out shots versus pedestrian spinners.  Been a long time since he has made real runs and has survived a long time by "looking good" without real results.  His inability against spin is embarrassing and the side can't afford his soft dismissals any more.

Personally I reckon Burns looks a natural five or six,  with all the shots and the ability to go hard,  just don't see why he has elected to open.  He's a better player than Head,  by a long way,  now theres a bloke who chucks his wicket away far too easily.

Reply #1976
I thought that all of our batsmen looked shaky.  Granted that it was a difficult time to bat but they all seem to have technique issues.

It’s not exactly a clash of titans  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1977
I reckon it was a good taster for England,  really like the pink ball tests as the conditions and pitches that are prepared give the bowlers a chance.

Sure as my RRRs point downwards, Jimmy the pest is going to go through our blokes like a dose of salts. 

Reply #1978

Yep, he is a walking wicket....you have no confidence when he walks out to bat & he is batting with no purpose at all, not even looking for singles to rotate strike.

Your #3 has to be someone who can take back control of the game if an early wicket is lost, or put it out of reach if the openers put on a good first wicket stand.  I cringe when I think of the  #3s Australia has had in past years.......and compare that to what we've got now.

Reply #1979
Windies rolled the Poms for 77 overnight on a bouncy pitch in Barbados