Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 116677 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #240
@Thry
You've highlighted the issue we have Thry - we are criying out for tough clearance players. Yarran, and he's not alone here (Eddie, Garlett, Lucas and others) are not that type and I don't think ever will be. Without even being negative about them, we may have to let one or two of those go to get what we really need most.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #241
He played a good game tonight, wouldnt you say PI2C?
He also played forward.
Amazing what a bit of effort does, isnt it?

There goes whatever argument you hoped to run to support your anti-MM vendetta.

Reply #242
Yarran was in our better players tonight and chased, tackled like he should every week, should he be traded?...not if he continues to play like that but you never know what Yarran will rock up next week vs Port.

Reply #244
Yarran was in our better players tonight and chased, tackled like he should every week, should he be traded?...not if he continues to play like that but you never know what Yarran will rock up next week vs Port.

I hope the guy who gave him the elbow to the face gets a few weeks. Where was his free kick for a high hit ? They scored a goal the other way and that is probably a moment that lost us the game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #245
There goes whatever argument you hoped to run to support your anti-MM vendetta.

That is a pathetic comment.
;) No comment on the other stuff? :P

Reply #246
Thought he had a dip tonight.

However a player of his class with the chances he had should have kicked 4.1.   The game could have been his tonight.

Reply #247

I hope the guy who gave him the elbow to the face gets a few weeks. Where was his free kick for a high hit ? They scored a goal the other way and that is probably a moment that lost us the game.

Heath Hocking...had a brain fade and whacked Yarran in traffic...should get 2-3 weeks...but its Essendon.....they seem to win out at everything so expect a light penalty only...

Reply #248

I don't doubt his skill, but he switches on when he feels like it.
Tackling and chasing should be a given every week.
I'l get flamed for saying this, but i was pissed off we drafted him, having seen his laconic play at Swans
4 years down the track, nothing has changed my opinion of him.

Reply #249

I'l get flamed for saying this, but i was pissed off we drafted him, having seen his laconic play at Swans

Swed..I always refer to local knowledge and its a constant problem with CY...ooozes talent but its when he feels like switching on.....
Just have to hope he is on when its GF time....if we ever get there :(

Reply #250

Swed..I always refer to local knowledge and its a constant problem with CY...ooozes talent but its when he feels like switching on.....
Hi mate,
I don't know his contract status, but if he wanted a return to WA, what do you think he is worth?
Some would say a first rounder, but i don't think the Weagles or Freo would cough that up.

Reply #251

Hi mate,
I don't know his contract status, but if he wanted a return to WA, what do you think he is worth?
Some would say a first rounder, but i don't think the Weagles or Freo would cough that up.

Agree....WC....pick 15-20 like they paid for Wellingham.... or a Nick Suban with a steak knife like Alex Silvangi....Freo probably dont need him having Walters.

Reply #252
Yup Walters plus Ballantyne
I don't think even Lyon  could transform Yarran, I think he will always be a cameo player
As for WC offering a Wellingham value pick i would grab it and run like Usain
 ;D

Reply #253
There were plenty worse than Yarran tonight.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #254
Thought Yarran was terrific tonight.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!