Skip to main content
Topic: State Elections (Read 13998 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: State Elections

Reply #165
He leaves behind him, a Victorian debt that is larger than the combined total of NSW, Queensland and Tasmania. I generally hate all politicians but this arken tool I've hated like no other. I'd rather support Collingwood than this flog.
Thank God it's over.
thats too far.  I'd still rather support him than Collingwood, but I'd be hoping one of his covid responses would cancel the season...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #166
Steely Dan melts away.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #167
Don’t say Dan Andrews didn’t do much for the people of the state he represented. He did one huge thing that many people will appreciate and clap and cheer him for. He even gets my applause. He quit. Thank the lord. Don’t let the door smack you on the way out. At least I will never have to listen to “I don’t recall, I can’t remember, and it wasn’t my job task to address that issue”.  It would be interesting for those experts here who could find out what his retirement entitlement would be, alone with all the other perks and benefits he will enjoy for the rest of his life. He announced a few times this since he won the last election that he might not try for another term in office. He also spoke to the public a few times that he might not stay for this full current term. Dan had to use his powers to win office and keep his party in power. He did that. He has had to go about business as usual to keep his constituents thinking he is still working for them. Unfortunately the financial position this state is in is in trouble like never seen before. We will all suffer as tax payers. At a guess our kids will too. Maybe their kids also. Missing out on funding in areas that will benefit those that need it the most.

Good luck to the new leader. You know you can’t continue your role based on the reputation of your past leader. You now need to dig deep and make some new changes and choices. A larger population of Victoria will not even know who you are. I wish you the best being given a huge task with the worst budget going around in the political world. I am seriously thinking of moving to Queensland. Way before my property has little worth.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #168
Clearly most Victorians don't agree with you. Won an election no one thought he would win and then two landslides. Leaving on his own terms. Haters will hate. The most successful Premier since Sir Henry Bolte. Sometimes you're on the wrong side in a contest. Get over yourselves.

35% of the popular vote is hardly a landslide and given labor have unionised rusted on vote, its not a huge number of avergae Joes. Read the room. He's a prick who has left the state in more bebt than the rest of states combined.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #169
Personally, i never would've used it.

Its a bit like TDK though. The price tag doesn't fit the benefit. ;)

Funny the independent recommendations committee suggested it was the most important investment available to Victoria not long after he was first elected, unsurprisingly Dan ignored the advice and canned it at huge cost regardless. Turns out he had a thing for throwing away our money for nothing..
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #170
Steely Dan melts away.

Yep. He sure did reel in those years but for sure won't be asked to do it again. I've already lost his number.

Oh dear. Is that the door? Using it now...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #171
Count the seats, that tells you how much he won by. People who hate Andrews have wanted him to resign. Now that he has resigned they claim he is running away. A lot of people spend their lives bitching about life and pontificating on what should happen, others actuality get out and do something about it. Get the mirror out and see what sort of people you are. By the way, enjoy the public holiday this Friday.

Reply #172
@Blue Moon‍ hands out a brutal shirt front.

The problem isn't just the general public, the attitude carried by the general public originates and is promoted by the politicians, the politicians spend all their time mud slinging, so mud slinging becomes the de facto language of politics.

In the US Biden tries to change this, but the media then slam him as senile and deflecting, or assert he is criminal when he refuses to buy into the debate, which is bizarre given the people the main accusations come from!

Here in Oz Turnbull tried to change the narrative only to fall victim to his own party's very worst offenders.

The problem is the higher ground doesn't suit the likes of Murdoch, they want the mud as it does the job for them in gathering ratings, reporting and verifying facts is boring. So politicians do what is expected and game that system, so we get The Donald as a reward, which is ironic because Murdoch it seems hates The Donald because The Donald uses lies to make Murdoch's lies appear like lies, the one thing you can't use to fight lies is more lies!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #173
Count the seats, that tells you how much he won by. People who hate Andrews have wanted him to resign. Now that he has resigned they claim he is running away. A lot of people spend their lives bitching about life and pontificating on what should happen, others actuality get out and do something about it. Get the mirror out and see what sort of people you are. By the way, enjoy the public holiday this Friday.

You're the only one bitching and moaning here.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #174
Nothing like personal abuse to win an argument.

Reply #176
Well the "Govern me harder please Daddy" is gone and hopefully his sycophants can see less tunnel vision.

Reply #177
Well the "Govern me harder please Daddy" is gone and hopefully his sycophants can see less tunnel vision.
I just hope this new team can adopt some football commentary parlance and "Listen to the Fans!".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #178
I just hope this new team can adopt some football commentary parlance and "Listen to the Fans!".
Most of the loudest voices are minorities or radicals, they shout from the tree tops but they do not represent the majority, and we do not want that sort of chaos! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #179
The puns are already rolling out pedal to the metal, I've just seen a poster of Jacinta Allan's head of Eddie Van Halen's body with the caption "Ban Allan"
The Force Awakens!