Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 23988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #60

As for Charlie, I’m not convinced that his form is all that bad.  He is getting the defensive attention that a key forward has to put up with and we’re still struggling with a forward structure that provides mutual support and exploits over emphasis on one or two players.  I had hoped that Teague would have this sorted but we’ve got a way to go and getting hammered in the midfield doesn’t help.
So, why don't we chuck Curnow the younger into the midfield ?  We have the marking forward to replace him & his aerobic capacity is supposedly nearly as good as his brothers.  I for one, would love to see what his reaction would be to being given a go there.

Mal.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #61
So, why don't we chuck Curnow the younger into the midfield ?  We have the marking forward to replace him & his aerobic capacity is supposedly nearly as good as his brothers.  I for one, would love to see what his reaction would be to being given a go there.

Mal.

Simply because he doesn’t have the awareness and decision making to play in the midfield.

Charlie’s strengths are his marking and ability to drive the ball deep inside the forward 50 before the defenders are set.  Those strengths are best deployed when he plays as high half forward.

If he is nullified by the best defender, McGovern and McKay should be dominating their opponents and forcing a change in match ups.  That’s the frustrating thing for me; we’re allowing the opposition defenders to dictate the terms rather than making them try to counter our strengths.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Out Murphy LOB
In Kerr Simmo Cunners Plowman Kennedy Fas
Prince Charles survives, must have pictures of Bolts in the nude.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
Out Murphy LOB
In Kerr Simmo Cunners Plowman Kennedy Fas
Prince Charles survives, must have pictures of Bolts in the nude.

With Charlie in I think you can count Kerr out unless we have injuries.....Simpson, Cuningham Plowman and Kennedy would be my tips as the ins.

Reply #64
With Charlie in I think you can count Kerr out unless we have injuries.....Simpson, Cuningham Plowman and Kennedy would be my tips as the ins.
Simmos in the 18.

Bench was Kerr, Setterfield, Plowman, Cunningham, Kennedy, Fasolo and Stocker. Macreadie.

Only way Kerr will play is if Charlie plays midfield.

Reply #65
CARLTON
B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Nic Newman
HB: Caleb Marchbank, Levi Casboult, Dale Thomas
C: Sam Walsh, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
HF: Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern, Ed Curnow
F: Michael Gibbons, Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher
Int: Harrison Macreadie, Patrick Kerr, Will Setterfield, Alex Fasolo, Liam Stocker, Lachie Plowman, Matthew Kennedy, David Cuningham (Four to be omitted)

IN: Kade Simpson, Patrick Kerr, Alex Fasolo, Lachie Plowman, Matthew Kennedy, David Cuningham

OUT: Marc Murphy (Injured), Lochie O'Brien (Omitted)

If PLowman is truly fit, then he should play. Same with Cuningham: he has been really good this year when he has been fit. Kennedy can't be far away either.
i don't think Kerr will play unless one of out key forwards misses. Fasolo appears closer to a game, but I am yet to be convinced. 2 goals does not a summer make!

ST KILDA
B: Daniel McKenzie, Nathan Brown, Shane Savage
HB: Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Jonathon Marsh
C: Ed Phillips, Sebastian Ross, Jack Newnes
HF: Jack Billings, Josh Bruce, Robbie Young
F: Dean Kent, Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham
R: Rowan Marshall, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
Int: Nick Coffield, Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres, Hunter Clark, Billy Longer, Ben Long, Brandon White, Matthew Parker (Four to be omitted)

IN: Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark, Billy Longer, Ben Long, Brandon White
OUT: Ben Paton (Managed)

Rowan Marshall is their ruckman? That boggles the imagination, good kid that he is. Longer will probably take on Kreuzer, and he has a reasonable record on him. :(
Jack Steven usually kills us: I will not miss him!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #66
CARLTON
B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Nic Newman
HB: Caleb Marchbank, Levi Casboult, Dale Thomas
C: Sam Walsh, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
HF: Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern, Ed Curnow
F: Michael Gibbons, Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher
Int: Harrison Macreadie, Patrick Kerr, Will Setterfield, Alex Fasolo, Liam Stocker, Lachie Plowman, Matthew Kennedy, David Cuningham (Four to be omitted)

IN: Kade Simpson, Patrick Kerr, Alex Fasolo, Lachie Plowman, Matthew Kennedy, David Cuningham

OUT: Marc Murphy (Injured), Lochie O'Brien (Omitted)

If PLowman is truly fit, then he should play. Same with Cuningham: he has been really good this year when he has been fit. Kennedy can't be far away either.
i don't think Kerr will play unless one of out key forwards misses. Fasolo appears closer to a game, but I am yet to be convinced. 2 goals does not a summer make!

ST KILDA
B: Daniel McKenzie, Nathan Brown, Shane Savage
HB: Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Jonathon Marsh
C: Ed Phillips, Sebastian Ross, Jack Newnes
HF: Jack Billings, Josh Bruce, Robbie Young
F: Dean Kent, Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham
R: Rowan Marshall, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
Int: Nick Coffield, Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres, Hunter Clark, Billy Longer, Ben Long, Brandon White, Matthew Parker (Four to be omitted)

IN: Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark, Billy Longer, Ben Long, Brandon White
OUT: Ben Paton (Managed)

Rowan Marshall is their ruckman? That boggles the imagination, good kid that he is. Longer will probably take on Kreuzer, and he has a reasonable record on him. :(
Jack Steven usually kills us: I will not miss him!
Thats ok, Billings is due for a big bag. Carlton, come on down.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #67
3 tall defenders.   3 tall forwards.    Who does Levi play on?   Not all sides have a lumbering Ben Reid.  

Reply #68
3 tall defenders.   3 tall forwards.    Who does Levi play on?   Not all sides have a lumbering Ben Reid.

Said the same thing to all the Levi boosters after his second coming against the pies.

Its a one-off....or at least a party trick used very sparingly.

We need to start picking sides to play on the opposition. If there is 1 criticism i have of our current coaching group/match committee its that they lose too many games at the selection table.

Reply #69

If they play Longer then Marshall will play forward...the latter troubled us when I last saw them play, big awkward kid who takes a good mark....so I would expect Casboult to take him...
Weitering on Bruce, Marchbank on Membrey.

Billings, Gresham, Young and Parker might cause us problems....Young is known as Lightning because of his speed and Parker is entertainment Liam Ryan style..

Blues by 5 goals....Cripps 40 plus possies

Reply #70
Not sure Longer plays.    Hunter had 30 plus and Long named BOG.    One of them will come in for mine.

Reply #71
Not sure Longer plays.    Hunter had 30 plus and Long named BOG.    One of them will come in for mine.

Saints are very small and Longer has played well on Kreuzer before thats my reasoning....reckon Hunter Clark will play.
Steele will get Cripps....had 33 possies/10 tackles while playing on Cripps last time.

Reply #72
Samo might be in doubt.

He only had 57% game time last week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73
Is anyone else going to tomorrow Morning’s open Training session at Ikon Park? I got the green light from the Club to bring my young ones along and they cannot wait. We’ll make a day of it. V/line train, breakfast in the city and then catch the tram down. Sadly the Kids are losing interest in the Blues, so a trip to Ikon Park to get to hold the Premiership Cup, get a free sausage and watching the boys practice and maybe get a few pics with them should help somewhat.

Please don’t let my Kids down Blue boys and get them the Win they need to keep the faith. The Win we all need.

I have to say that this Forum is getting a bit too much like BigFooty, which is not where we want to end up. It’s been mentioned by others already.A Win should help steady the ship and help settle everyone’s emotions.
Keep the Faith

Reply #74
Samo might be in doubt.

He only had 57% game time last week.

I have absolutely no idea about the reliability of the information they post, but the Supercoach game program had him "Test-Hamstring" earlier in the day.
No mention of it in the injuries list on the club website.