Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 61157 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
Whoever's there of the two, Levi or Harry, has to help Kreuzer ruck though.

That's a massive assumption, that SpecialK only misses a week!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
The two most disappointing things for me were:
1. Poor effort (at least to me it looked poor);
2. Senior Players Impact.
Thoughts on the above?
It's hard to limit it to just 2 disappointments today. Complete team wide and systematic failure.

Rather that AFL what disappointing try to think of something positive. I can't (maybe Charlie doing his thing again)

We were lucky it was only against GC. A better opposition would have made that a 100+ point loss.

Reply #17
That's a massive assumption, that SpecialK only misses a week!
He was obviously close this week so let's hope.

Reply #18
The two most disappointing things for me were:
1. Poor effort (at least to me it looked poor);
2. Senior Players Impact.
Thoughts on the above?

Intensity and effort was definitely down.

Murphy was disappointing but he'll be the captain until next year when Docherty should take over.
Simmo was Simmo...he's trying to do the Docherty role but nowhere near as effective.
I thought Daisy had a fair game...a few mistakes but effort and contest was better than most.

Reply #19
Yes, Bolts has to learn we expect alot more now. Not necessarily the 8, just alot more.
I don't have high expectations in 2018. And that still fell well short.

I at at least expect basic skills like kicking and hand passing to targets most of the time and we couldn't even do that today.

Reply #20
He was obviously close this week so let's hope.

No he wasn't, there is no way we planned to play McKay and Phillips in Craigieburn if Kreuzer was seriously selected to play or possibly playing.

Kreuzer was never going to play, that's why both McKay and Phillips played in Craigieburn.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
No he wasn't, there is no way we planned to play McKay and Phillips in Craigieburn if Kreuzer was seriously selected to play.

Kreuzer was never going to play, that's why both McKay and Phillips played in Craigeburn.

How would you know that? He was withdrawn only today. If we knew he was out before today they'd surely have someone ready to go. Think that obvious. Anyway, that was the least of our issues. We could've had Ivan Drago from Rocky in the ruck and it wouldn't have help given out lack of effort.

Reply #22
How would you know that? He was withdrawn only today. If we knew he was out before today they'd surely have someone ready to go. Think that obvious.

Seriously Laj, you're telling me we are that disorganised as a club that we sent our only two other rucks to Craigieburn for a VFL practise match just 4hrs before we played, one of them named as an emergency for today's game?

It was never the plan to play either of them, and Kreuzer was never going to play, that's how Polson ended up in the squad!

That is why today is so bad, it was planned that way, this is how we planned to deal with the loss of Kreuzer!

Anyway, that was the least of our issues. We could've had Ivan Drago from Rocky in the ruck and it wouldn't have help given out lack of effort.

They couldn't have been any worse than what was offered up!

Your man is cooked Laj, it's not even worth mentioning his name!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Brendan Bolton: discuss.

How bad is woeful......we went far beyond either.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #24
One of the worst games i've ever been to in terms of performance and atmosphere.

Reply #25
Brendan Bolton: discuss.

It's probably unfair to blame this just on Bolton, this is a failing of the MC in it's entirety!

I feel like we are Nostradamus, because a lot of us felt this coming as soon as Kreuzer was injured, we had seen Witts form in the wet, we knew on this thread what would happen to Charlie if he was left solo up forward, and how someone else would go against a serious in form ruckmen, none of the sane forum members wanted Weitering out of defence, and the sad thing is that with nine days to plan it all what we saw today was the best our MC can offer!

I suppose we'll start blaming SOS and his draft picks now, we can axe a few more and have them leave to become players elsewhere, while we start from fresh again adding lots of new depth!

What is that called, the Merry-Go-Round!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
They obviously didn't rate Witts, and that bit them very hard, especially when they went to the desperate stakes of Jones in the ruck in the last. Maybe could have rolled that dice when Lynch had kicked his fifth......

I have been solid behind Bolton, but he only ever uses the same corporate double speak week in week out, "trust the process", "green shoots", "learning their craft".....

There is no imagination, Weitering is almost a shot duck, the Jones experiment is over, Byrne is injured again, the second hand players (Mullet/O'Shea) had use by dates at previous clubs, and why we didn't play a tall for Kreuser is beyond me, almost sackable >:(
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #27
The lack of skill, the decision making, the fumbling.....OMFG.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #28
The shift in Bolton is simply this....
No longer can we just accept the  "we're on the right course...green shoots"... and all that
Now comes the time where he is judged by results and judgements.
...and really that's as it should be.

It's how our coaches have always been judged.

Reply #29
Come on folks. Today was shizen. Last week was better. Maybe we should wait until the bye before sticking the boot in ? The team is like the Foreign Legion - give them some time to gel first. And having two of our best inside players out didn't help.