Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 62130 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #45
So, if for example, we finish last, or bottom 4, you think he should be sacked ?

I don't think Lods is saying that is what he wants, he's writing about what he thinks might happen, not what he wants to happen!

His logic is sound, we have a history!

The hardest part of fixing the rot is identifying it, it looks like so far we've cut away some fairly healthy timber!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
And it's over already. Again.

Over relative to what though ? Playing finals ? That was never an option anyway. I believed that we would finish 13-16, and I stand by that.

Reply #47
Over relative to what though ?

Progress!

If today was our game plan to cover the loss of Kreuzer, it did very very well at exposing Charlie, perhaps he's been identified by the MC as our next Weitering.

It's like the roof is falling, and our only tactic is to keep breaking our best straws to try and fix it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Poor effort today, I believe started with the selection process. Poulsen hadn't demanded a game at NB's so what would have been the difference in playing MacKay especially as it would have allowed us to similar balance to last week. Kruzer great lost , second efforts and intensity , everything we didn't have today. Based upon the effort today if we have an injury to a key player we are really going find it tough. Lacked leadership, intensity & spirit at times. Weiter, I am at a loss, never seen a player go back ward so quick. Our lack of basic skills was highlighted today, a disorganised rabble. Our inability to create positive forward entries to hit a target is country league standard. Simple skill errors not being able to string together 3-4 disposals made it easy for the the Suns . Our lack of vision when looking for targets must make it hard for any one who is a forward. Jones , is being found out ATM, with his style of play, but with the lack of support , is caught out.

Reply #49
I don't think Lods is saying that is what he wants, he's writing about what he thinks might happen, not what he wants to happen!

His logic is sound, we have a history!

The hardest part of fixing the rot is identifying it, it looks like so far we've cut away some fairly healthy timber!

Then any pretence to the New Carlton is a complete sham, and we should just go back to coaching and playing messiahs, "we are Carlton.........." and giving people the flick after 5 minutes.

Reply #50
Over relative to what though ? Playing finals ? That was never an option anyway. I believed that we would finish 13-16, and I stand by that.

As a supporter I want hope. At least a few big games early in the year that mean something. Not dead rubbers after round 4.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #51
The players wore double black arm bands, has been stated why? Did it affect them perhaps? Not making excuses, just wondering given the lack of intensity team wide.
We had a nice little run at the start of the 3rd, had Cripps have converted that regulation shot, it would have been 9 pts the difference. Instead, GC went bang bang it was back out to 25 pts and game over.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52
Poor effort today, I believe started with the selection process. Poulsen hadn't demanded a game at NB's so what would have been the difference in playing MacKay especially as it would have allowed us to similar balance to last week. Kruzer great lost , second efforts and intensity , everything we didn't have today. Based upon the effort today if we have an injury to a key player we are really going find it tough. Lacked leadership, intensity & spirit at times. Weiter, I am at a loss, never seen a player go back ward so quick. Our lack of basic skills was highlighted today, a disorganised rabble. Our inability to create positive forward entries to hit a target is country league standard. Simple skill errors not being able to string together 3-4 disposals made it easy for the the Suns . Our lack of vision when looking for targets must make it hard for any one who is a forward. Jones , is being found out ATM, with his style of play, but with the lack of support , is caught out.

Jones' attack on the footy, getting to contests, second efforts, etc., etc., are extraordinary, but he has to mark the pill not just punch it.

If you published a poll on this site about whether Jones was worth a run in the ruck, probably 80% of our members would have said yes. We did that today in the last quarter after the horse had bolted.

I'm not going to talk about what we did instead, but at one stage we tried Weitering and Charlie in the F50 ruck stoppages as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Then any pretence to the New Carlton is a complete sham, and we should just go back to coaching and playing messiahs, "we are Carlton.........." and giving people the flick after 5 minutes.

Not five minutes....but three years is more than enough to see some progress.

If any other coach in our history served up that he would probably be gone.
I like Bolton...I think he's probably a good developer of young talent and a good teacher.
But if other clubs shoot past us.
If other clubs have that hard ruthless winning edge...
Bolton will not survive.
We're not patient enough...life's too short.

Reply #54
At least a few big games early in the year that mean something.

This part hurts, it looked like it meant nothing to most of the team today, they looked vacant!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
As a supporter I want hope. At least a few big games early in the year that mean something. Not dead rubbers after round 4.

I won't be worried if we are 0-4, and I certainly won't view games after that as dead rubbers. You and I must have different expectations for this season.

Reply #56
Just got home and very disapponted. We were smashed in the contested ball, our tackling was again awful and our skills were awful. Nothing else of note worth discussing imo.
I won't be going to any more games now until May, for logistical reasons, but atm I feel pretty glad about that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57

I like Bolton...I think he's probably a good developer of young talent and a good teacher.
Bolton will not survive.
I follow Leeds United will see them play next weekend in the UK we had a manager for 31 days last yr 4 different one for the year, so 3 yrs is a little luxury

Reply #58

Bolton will not survive.

4 years is the average length of a players total career, it's 1/2 the length of a good players career and a 3rd of a superstars career.

If you get to 4 years as a coach and the team hasn't progressed, you have wasted the entirety of some AFL careers, statistically you have wasted the full career of about 1/2 your playing list!

No matter who is the coach and what potential they offer, that cannot be tolerated.

It was a game like this against Gold Coast that basically cost Ratten his job!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
I won't be worried if we are 0-4, and I certainly won't view games after that as dead rubbers. You and I must have different expectations for this season.

Did you expect to win today?

Did you expect to replace Kreuzer with Polson?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!