Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2019 Rd 7: Northern Blues vs. Frankston at Carlton (Read 6482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2019 Rd 7: Northern Blues vs. Frankston at Carlton

Reply #45
Kerr has something going for him IMO, he gives you a physical presence and gives us that bit of muscle we lack.....I see him as taking Casboults place.
Seen him run in the ruck and he is more than handy...McKay and Charlie dont have that physical authority and McGovern doesnt have the size.
eg I watched Robbie Tarrant bully Harry and get away with pushing him around and off the ball, Kerr likes the rough stuff and would have been able to look after himself and skillwise has it all over Levi.

Agree. He's actually a footballer with a bit of attitude. We like that.

I don't know what is up with Charlie but his head aint in it at present and I'd be more than tempted to give Kerr a gig against the Aints and give Charlie a run in the Magoos to regain confidence/touch.

BB said we only play in-form blokes, well, let's see if he's speaking the truth or more forked-tongue stuff.

And FFS keep LOB in the Magoos until he beats the door down (if he's capable).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
I reckon we have to use the rest of this season sticking with the same 3 key forwards we have put our rebuild faith in. They need game time together for a prolonged period and this should override dropping one of them if they are a little out of form.

I believe one of the main reasons we have been slow to start getting wins on the board is the fact we have had no continuity because of injuries and then so many changes of the list year in year out.

It’s the time now to settle on who is our best 22 and Charlie, McGovern and McKay are the 3 key forwards we have modelled our rebuild around. We just have to get a good run of games into them this year and not take them in and out because a back up forward has a good game.

The problem with that is we have no backline (all injured, on rotation) so we've had to send McGovern down there, and Casboult, to help plug holes. That hasn't really worked down back, and has made it easier for the opposition to cover our forwards (1 less tall to worry about).

Just on those 3 tall forwards, you know how many times they have all been in the side? How many times they've been able to work together on their forward craft and work out eachother leading patterns, habits and idiosyncrasies? A total of 5 games. 1 of them was today, when Mitch spent more time back than forward. 1 of them was when Charlie got injured in the 1st quarter and sat out the rest. That leaves 3 games together. How well do you think they are going to work together off the back of 3 games?

They need time together.

Reply #47
And FFS keep LOB in the Magoos until he beats the door down (if he's capable).
And adds 5-10 kgs.
Dow too.
We need preseason in the middle of this season.

Reply #48
The problem with that is we have no backline (all injured, on rotation) so we've had to send McGovern down there, and Casboult, to help plug holes. That hasn't really worked down back, and has made it easier for the opposition to cover our forwards (1 less tall to worry about).

Just on those 3 tall forwards, you know how many times they have all been in the side? How many times they've been able to work together on their forward craft and work out eachother leading patterns, habits and idiosyncrasies? A total of 5 games. 1 of them was today, when Mitch spent more time back than forward. 1 of them was when Charlie got injured in the 1st quarter and sat out the rest. That leaves 3 games together. How well do you think they are going to work together off the back of 3 games?

They need time together.

No backline has any chance when its midfield disappears entirely and the opposition mids stroll untroubled through the corridor.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
Correct