Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 31629 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Fly, Varcoe hit Byrne after he disposed of the pill, hyper extended knee and looked like a back of knee ligament issue.  In simple terms, not good.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Our centre square and ruck set up ain't working, that's for sure.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
He's turning into a tap ruckman, and not a very good one either.

He must be doing it under instruction but it ain't working.  Invariably leads to turnovers and more than a couple of goals against over the years.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #19
So no 50m penalty for Varcoe's late hit on Byrne? ... which was followed by an oh-so-brave high hit from Cloke? Give me a break.  I hate those feckers.
I know you hate em, me to Ivan, but a long bow there re late hit I reckon ...just a footy incident ...nothing to see here ;)

Reply #20
I know you hate em, me talk Ivan, but a long bow there re late hit I reckon ...just a footy incident ...nothing to see here ;)

The high hit on Touhey was worthy of a free kick.

Reply #21
Looked like something from early in the season when you wouldn't be a Carlton forward for quids.

Reply #22
Need to play another key forward, if it's Jones then so be it. Actually on this year's form I would take Jones over Casboult.

Bombing long to White and Silvagni was never going to work.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23
If Everitt isn't dropped after that performance, he never will.

Reply #24
Our blokes looked knackered. Battled on but the bottom line is we were beaten tonight by a very ordinary outfit. In fact, most other sides would have belted the cr@p out of Rottingwood this evening.

With Cripps down, Gibbs a lone hand/scragged and no Murphy we were in trouble in the midfield/on-ball... then when you add the absolutely insipid performance of our forward line, in particular Casboult and Everitt (on the few occasions those two got they aggott they gave it back to Rottingwood with laser accuracy), what chance did we have?

When a skinny kid in his first game showed more footy nouse than a couple of your key forwards... well, that speaks for itself.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
If Everitt isn't dropped after that performance, he never will.

He seemed to be tagging Sidebottom early and was keeping him quiet but yeah he needed to do more himself.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
I don't like blaming the umpires but Gibbs was being held all night at every contest.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Trying hard to keep the faith but it seems the 'coach killers' are back. Skills tonight were woeful. Is there a more inept side in the league when it comes to capitalising on a loose ball in the goal square?

Not saying BB was out-coached but somehow he has to reverse this slide whereby we seem to have lost that exuberance we were showing only a month ago. We should have smelled blood tonight and put this rabble to the sword but I guess you can only work with what you've got - shut down Treloar with Curnow and Pendlebury runs riot, non-existent forward line, etc. We all know the script.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #28
Well I guess the Bolton honeymoon  is over... That was an stinky performance from all,  apart from Simmo and the doc.. Seriously where would we be without Simmo?

Reply #29
I don't like blaming the umpires but Gibbs was being held all night at every contest.

Plus being held and dragged down as the ball moved on. Usually by 2 pies.