Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 21481 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide

Sunday 10th July at 1310 hours at the MCG. Last year we scared the pants off this mob and were extremely unlucky to lose. Adelaide are playing better, but we are actually playing football.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 16: Ppre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
Can we redraft Sauce and Eddie for this game, or ask them to sit this one out? :)

Reply #2
It will be interesting to see how Bolton reacts to the Collingwood game at selection.

I don't know how Jaksch played this weekend in the 2's but his defensive pressure can't be any worse than Everitt's. If we are going to push Levi up the ground more we must have a target who will go for marks inside the forward 50 plus we need to see if Jaksch is going to be a keeper going forward and if he'll do better with better quality ball coming his way.

Is Buckley going to come in for Byrne? I know it's not exactly like for like, but they have two very quick and skillful small forwards and we have no one capable of stopping them.

I have heard positive reports on Glass-McCasker, tempered by he is not ready yet, but why not give him a baptism of fire against a strong tall forward line, now we have a LTI.

Reply #3
Surely, surely we have to give a couple more of the NB boys a run for this game and continue to completely evaluate all players by seasons end. I would certainly look to be replacing Everitt and Levi for this one, as well as the forced replacement of Byrne (a real bummer for both him and the club!).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
There must be a good story for Jacsh to play this week can't be a worse option than what was on the park last night. There are several months and some players careers are coming to an end , let's see who wants to play

Reply #5
Bolton needs to stick to his word and only use players in form. I would drop about four players from yesterday and overhaul the forward line...

F: Lamb   Jaksch   Silvagni
HF: Boekhorst   Casboult  Wright

Reply #6
Need to lose a ruckman, as having two of them never works for us as they offer us nothing when they're off thr ball. Pick a second key forward instead as`well as picking players that give us run.

Reply #7
Need to lose a ruckman, as having two of them never works for us as they offer us nothing when they're off thr ball. Pick a second key forward instead as`well as picking players that give us run.

Which 2nd key forward would you like to pick?

Jones who isn't the answer
Jaksch who many don't believe is the answer
McKay who hasn't played all year.

Walker isn't working as a potential key forward
Everitt ditto

Silvagni is given a chance but isn't

The cupboard is bare. All we have is a key forward who can't kick straight and other players who we just try and fit into the key forward role

Reply #8
I thought Phillips looked OK in the F50 - probably as good as anyone else we can field atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
I am not looking forward to the next 4 weeks: Adelaide, West Coast, Sydney in Sydney and Hawthorn in Launceston. These could be seriously ugly unless we can find some more ways to score.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Yes it's a large hill to climb. Hopefully separate some who want to play or just go for the ride, there will be no where to hide.

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #11
It's really "experiment time" now.
Give those players who are "for the chop" a couple of games,
Get some more games into the young players (the ones that are fit ::))
Try players in other roles
Maybe give Weitering, Cripps (I reckon he's carrying an injury that probably wont get better this season) and a couple of others a week off
....and move up a few places in the draft order as a result ;)

Reply #12
Gowers(promoted) and in for Byrne....we looked soft and weak vs hackers like Greenwood and I want some bigger bodies helping Gibbs and Murphy when he returns....Cripps is being tagged and exploited on the outside and Bolton needs to change things up in the middle..

Jones in for Walker or Everitt and maybe Boekhorst in for some pace and run now we have Byrne out injured....

Reply #13
Gowers(promoted) and in for Byrne....we looked soft and weak vs hackers like Greenwood and I want some bigger bodies helping Gibbs and Murphy when he returns....Cripps is being tagged and exploited on the outside and Bolton needs to change things up in the middle..

Jones in for Walker or Everitt and maybe Boekhorst in for some pace and run now we have Byrne out injured....

Sounds reasonable to me but I'd keep Walker but not ask him to play as a KPF.

I have been an Everitt supporter but, after watching him stand in the one spot for a good 60 seconds while the play went on 30-40 metres away, I'm inclined to give him a spell in the NBs.

Whiley might be worth another run too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
It's really "experiment time" now.
Give those players who are "for the chop" a couple of games,
Get some more games into the young players (the ones that are fit ::))
Try players in other roles
Maybe give Weitering, Cripps (I reckon he's carrying an injury that probably wont get better this season) and a couple of others a week off
....and move up a few places in the draft order as a result ;)

I've got a different mentality.

Don't give anyone anything.

There is only a couple of months left in the season.

If these guys can't force their way into contention we cut out ties and move on.

You either want it or you kind of want it.

The former types are the ones we want.  The latter are not necessarily worth persevering with.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson