Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 30785 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #75
Most of us are well aware of Casboult's limitations but the bottom line is that as of today he's the best of a bad lot.
He'll be in the side this weekend and will probably be for the rest of the season, and maybe again next year unless at least one of our project players takes the necessary step, as supporters of a poorly performing side we just have to live with it.

Spot on. The club is also no doubt all to painfully aware of Levi's limitations but know that we are not really well placed to replace him immediately. I don't stress about him atm as I have confidence that one of the club's high priorities would be to do something about it, and hopefully we have guys on board who may provide at least part of the solution. I am troubled though by what we all witnessed last Sat which involved a hell of a lot more players than just Levi, and hopefully we can put that nightmare behind us this week. I will be watching via TV with great anticipation and a few beers handy.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
Spot on. The club is also no doubt all to painfully aware of Levi's limitations but know that we are not really well placed to replace him immediately. I don't stress about him atm as I have confidence that one of the club's high priorities would be to do something about it, and hopefully we have guys on board who may provide at least part of the solution. I am troubled though by what we all witnessed last Sat which involved a hell of a lot more players than just Levi, and hopefully we can put that nightmare behind us this week. I will be watching via TV with great anticipation and a few beers handy.  :)

They've had almost 10 years, how long does it take?

How much of what we saw is the result of deflated spirits, is low performance contagious?

What are the potential long term effects on the kids we draft, is there any risk?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
They've had almost 10 years, how long does it take?

How much of what we saw is the result of deflated spirits, is low performance contagious?

What are the potential long term effects on the kids we draft, is there any risk?

BB and SOS haven't been there for 10 years already? Gee, that time just flew.  ???

So you don't think Harry or Kerr are likely to be the answers - should we go after Lynch?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #78
BB and SOS haven't been there for 10 years already? Gee, that time just flew.  ???

So you don't think Harry or Kerr are likely to be the answers - should we go after Lynch?

Do you think starting 2018 that Casboult is a new untested prospect?

The club has had a long time to address the Casboult / KPF issue, it's hasn't just happened since BB and SOS arrived.

In regard to Kerr and McKay, I've written the exact opposite of what you conclude, I have no idea where the other half of the conversation in your head is coming from.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79

Harry and Kerr may or may not make the grade, we've had plenty of would be key position players over the last decade and so far we've come up empty handed.
I doubt that Lynch would see Carlton as an attractive destination, if he leaves GC my money would be on him going to a top four club, or at least a club with the potential to be top four.
As of now Carlton is a long way from that.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #80
Harry and Kerr may or may not make the grade, we've had plenty of would be key position players over the last decade and so far we've come up empty handed.

I doubt that Lynch would see Carlton as an attractive destination, if he leaves GC my money would be on him going to a top four club.

There are a lot of people at Carlton who think Lynch is coming to us because of some Sorrento / Carlton connections. But the Sorrento connections I have stated that Collingwood is the front runner, followed by CheatsFC and then even the Aints are ahead of us! If we are even an option we are in a distant 4th place!

How do we know if McKay and Kerr can cut it if we keep playing Casboult, will they be the next two players we cut in a year we renew Casboult's contract?

If we are going to put up with Casboult dishing up that crap, we may as well have the kids get a taste of the big time along side somebody who will look after them like a Rowe or ACoS.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
There are a lot of people at Carlton who think Lynch is coming to us because of some Sorrento / Carlton connections. But the Sorrento connections I have stated that Collingwood is the front runner, followed by CheatsFC and then even the Aints are ahead of us! If we are even an option we are in a distant 4th place!

How do we know if McKay and Kerr can cut it if we keep playing Casboult, will they be the next two players we cut in a year we renew Casboult's contract?

If we are going to put up with Casboult dishing up that crap, we may as well have the kids get a taste of the big time along side somebody who will look after them like a Rowe or ACoS.

The rumours from the media suggest Collingwood have offered plenty and are well ahead of other clubs.......did hear that GC have been saving a warchest of money for Lynch and hope to keep him.
Jeremy Cameron as I stated previously will receive a big offer from GC.....
We might be better chasing Patton from GWS who will be cheaper ...

Reply #82
The AFL will do everything possible to keep Lynch up there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #83
I would try Alex Silvagni forward, I reckon he could be a bash and crash forward type similar to what Hamil gave us years back. Cause some mayhem in the forward line, give us some flexibility back as well. He has plenty of dash about him. As for Jack Silvagni, I think forward and perhaps build him up as a wing or even inside mid, he is willing in the contest and that is hard to teach.

Play to the strengths.

Reply #84
The AFL will do everything possible to keep Lynch up there.

It's true.

The AFL have openly confirmed it will pay him an allowance as an AFL Qld Ambassador, but they won't confirm the amount until after he signs on at GC.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #85
I would try Alex Silvagni forward.

I agree, ACoS, Rowe, somebody that can lead the kids by example, anyone but Casboult!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
I doubt that Lynch would see Carlton as an attractive destination, if he leaves GC my money would be on him going to a top four club, or at least a club with the potential to be top four.
As of now Carlton is a long way from that.

Patrick Kerr may not be far away from his first game. I have liked what I have seen in the VFL, always competes, just needs to build the fitness base. McKay will be fine as well once he gets a run at it.

Reply #87
We might be better chasing Patton from GWS who will be cheaper ...

Personally, I think we need to stop chasing messiah type players, cut away the current long term dead wood, and put some effort into developing our own future talent.

I think we need at least two more ACoS types, blokes in the twilight of their career that provide some mongrel but will sacrifice for the team. Blokes who can lead the kids in the right direction, by example, not just preserve their spot by hitching a ride on the kids themselves.

When do Kerr or McKay get the same faith that our club has shown Casboult?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
We have talent on the list now, just need to play them. Kerr and MacKay will be good I think, I do think however they need to build the fitness base. Both had a lot of time out with injury.

Reply #89
We have talent on the list now, just need to play them. Kerr and MacKay will be good I think, I do think however they need to build the fitness base. Both had a lot of time out with injury.

Agreed, returning from significant injuries is a problem for both.

But sooner or later SPF, we have to pull the trigger, what is the point of drafting this talent while we keep on keeping on with the same old same old crew delivering rubbish like last weekend?

Even if they are crap, at least I get to see a new face delivering it!
The Force Awakens!