Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?) (Read 56144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?)

Reply #150
If our guys pull their collective fingers out we have a chance - if they decide not to again then who knows??  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
If we play like we did against the Eagles and Dogs, and keep our focus for 4 qtrs, we re a serious chance to belt them.
If 'Bad Carlton' shows up, we ll get humiliated by the Saints  and continue to be the butt of the AFL worlds jokes.

Reply #152
If we play like we did against the Eagles and Dogs, and keep our focus for 4 qtrs, we re a serious chance to belt them.
If 'Bad Carlton' shows up, we ll get humiliated by the Saints  and continue to be the butt of the AFL worlds jokes.

Classic no win situation. At best we come away not being considered in the worst handful of sides.

Reply #153
Were we that good against the Eagles though? I never saw the whole game but they did kick 1.8 in the last quarter.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #154
Were we that good against the Eagles though? I never saw the whole game but they did kick 1.8 in the last quarter.

Great in parts, woeful in parts. Same old. Game.could have gone either way (they had two posters in the last) we kept their tall forwards quiet which was a big plus.

Reply #155

I thought we dominated the first half but they got their goals against the tide and in red time. When Yarran (He was controlling everything off the half back line) went off the game turned and the Eagles controlled the 2nd half until we for once hurt them in red time in the last quarter. They can say we stole the game in the last quarter but they did the same thing in the 1st and 2nd quarters.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #156
I'm very philosophical about this team ATM, and don't really know what we'll get.

To me; they're consistently inconsistent, with no real flashes of brilliance to light up our hearts in the hope that there's better things to come....no Jeremy Howe type screamers being taken....no inspirational goals being kicked when they're desperately needed.

We hope against hope that someone will pop up unexpectedly to inspire his team mates and of course us.

I pray that perhaps in this game that we can kick some of the relatively simple  shots at goal that we've been missing,only then to suffer the ignominy of turning the ball over for the opposition to  immediately kick a goal....heartbreaking stuff for the team and us.

C'mon Blues!!

Reply #157
I'm very philosophical about this team ATM, and don't really know what we'll get.

To me; they're consistently inconsistent, with no real flashes of brilliance to light up our hearts in the hope that there's better things to come....no Jeremy Howe type screamers being taken....no inspirational goals being kicked when they're desperately needed.

We hope against hope that someone will pop up unexpectedly to inspire his team mates and of course us.

I pray that perhaps in this game that we can kick some of the relatively simple  shots at goal that we've been missing,only then to suffer the ignominy of turning the ball over for the opposition to  immediately kick a goal....heartbreaking stuff for the team and us.

C'mon Blues!!
Carlton 2014 = Rollercoaster
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #158
We'll win this one very comfortable,  they're  young side and have been weakened with some important  injuries.
I'd be vey concerned if we can't get over this game easily.
Ciao

Reply #159
We'll win this one very comfortable,  they're  young side and have been weakened with some important  injuries.
I'd be vey concerned if we can't get over this game easily.
Ciao

Really? It is Monday night against the Saints. This scenario doesn't remind me of too many good memories...
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #160
Does anyone find it a little ridiculous that tonight's game isn't on 'Free to Air' tonight? (Obviously I don't have Foxtel, nor live in Melbourne to catch the game.)

But they're both Melbourne based teams, nothing huge is designated to that time slot, (Home and Away??) and only two games were aired on Free to Air this week. And they talk about sport being free and available to all.  ::)

Reply #161
It's because of the deal between Ch.7 and Foxtel, 7 had to drop one of the four games as exclusive to Foxtel.

In any case I would suggest Monday night football is dead and buried as far as broadcasters and the AFL go, it is both a crowd and a ratings dud!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162
It's because of the deal between Ch.7 and Foxtel, 7 had to drop one of the four games as exclusive to Foxtel.

In any case I would suggest Monday night football is dead and buried as far as broadcasters and the AFL go, it is both a crowd and a ratings dud!

I see... But yes I agree, Monday nights are pretty hopeless for footy. It's a wonder why they haven't scrapped the annual fixture, it's not like it was ever a success.

Reply #163
Working tonight at the ground so will have to keep my emotions in check.   If we are losing though,  I wont be able to leave.  Might just have to turn my back and not watch

Reply #164
Working tonight at the ground so will have to keep my emotions in check.   If we are losing though,  I wont be able to leave.  Might just have to turn my back and not watch

I pretty much can't watch Carlton games live on tv at the moment... i have to wait until i know the result! 

And i have a bad feeling about tonight.