Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran blames complacency for poor start (Read 20648 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Yarran blames complacency for poor start

Reply #15
The club stated 18 injuries back in October last year, if you think they deliberately inflated the numbers in case things go pear shaped 7 or 8 months later then good for you.

So they took injured players to Arizona.

That's poor management.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #16
The club stated 18 injuries back in October last year, if you think they deliberately inflated the numbers in case things go pear shaped 7 or 8 months later then good for you.

That's poor management.

You don't know what each player was doing in Arizona.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17

You don't know what each player was doing in Arizona.

They were having the most intense preseason in the history of the universe and only allowed to practice their skills in the snow.

Anyway, what this article says is from a player perspective - it's complacency in the group which is the contributing factor. Yarran lets out some interesting stuff at times. He'll probably get another talking to.

Reply #18

That's poor management.

Daisy went to arizona, but he didn't do the canyon hikes etc from memory...  Do we really think our club would make injured players train and do things they weren't up to.  Seriously.??
There was a big group who stayed back and trained in the altitude room... Its all on the website...

Reply #19

That's poor management.

Daisy went to arizona, but he didn't do the canyon hikes etc from memory...  Do we really think our club would make injured players train and do things they weren't up to.  Seriously.??
There was a big group who stayed back and trained in the altitude room... Its all on the website... 

So all that went to Arizona other than Daisy were ready to go. No excuses for this year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20

That's poor management.

Exactly. So either 37 players were fit in November or they weren't.

Which one is it?

#united #reset

Reply #21

That's poor management.

So all that went to Arizona other than Daisy were ready to go. No excuses for this year.

Hendo
Kreuzer,
Daisy (one week only)
Casboult (1 week only)
Yarran
Buckley
Scotland
Judd
Bootsma
Lucas
Carrazzo.

Thats a fair list.

Armfield has also been injured, Walker missed some pre season games, Judd hasn't seen it. 

Reply #22
17 players had post season surgery according to this article. We know the high profile players who went down in Jan and Feb so that number becomes 20+

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-01-14/blues-on-the-mend

31 went to Arizona
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-06/blues-arrive-in-arizona

I don't even know what is in debate here?

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23
Ahhhh but didnt you say they were doing work in the altitude room at home. Judd stayed because of his child. So did Carrazzo.

It's all on the website :-)

#united #reset

Reply #24
So it's not the list now it's injuries?

37 it was. There is a thread where we counted who was there.

Surgeries is one thing but in November we had the full squad training badically.

The excuses from the club just keep coming.

#united #reset

Reply #25

That's poor management.

Exactly. So either 37 players were fit in November or they weren't.

Which one is it?
Are you serious?? ... Because players are doing weights or riding bikes in a training room doesn't mean they are AFL fit... If they cant run during the off season, its a big dent to their fitness base.  Do you really think we had 37 fit players?   I swear this site is becoming unbelievable.. So much so Im finding to hard to come on here half as much as I used to...    You do realise we got some injuries after they got back from Arizona also..
If you and Carrots think that our pre season involves just doing two weeks in Arizona and all who took part have no excuses, it shows how far apart we are on thinking, and its really no use continuing this absurd conversation. Even a pro like Judd needs two or three praccies before he is match hardened and this is a guy who ticks every box in the pre season......  

Reply #26
So it's not the list now it's injuries?

37 it was. There is a thread where we counted who was there.

Surgeries is one thing but in November we had the full squad training badically.

The excuses from the club just keep coming.

The articles are from before the season started so how are they excuses. I picked Port to beat is in rd 1 because our players were underdone. I wrote it in the prematch thread before ROUND 1!!!! Not excuses, they are facts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
So I ask you Jamie.

We spent nearly $800k to send players to Arizona, in high altitude environments, on pressurized aircraft for 24 hours each way in sub zero temperatures do they could sit and ride bikes...

So again is it poor management?

It's just a question.

Facts are in November 3 months before the start of the season we had a huge squad ( more than the previous year) and a lot of guys doing work at home.
Yes there are other injuries but we were talkig about pos season surgeries not other injuries which happen to all clubs?

#united #reset

Reply #28
Here is my quote before rd 1

You guys are confident, I'm not. I'll be happy with a win.

I've picked Port, we were pretty much even with them last season and we haven't had the best preparation with most of our best players under injury clouds.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
Doing work when you have an injury will usually mean you cant work on a certain area... For example a leg injury...  Well you cant run so you will do weights, maybe bike for cardio and rowing..
Yr hardly going to go for 10km runs or practice kicking...  Like I said, some of you guys will find everything possible to blame Mick for so go ahead, im over it.. A lot of the things people are now blaming him for go way past being his fault... I know most want him gone, and want him gone yesterday..  So now he is getting blamed for injuries and surgeries. If he was working the players too hard (ala Essendon under peptide program), then yes I'd blame him, but Butters is clearly competent in his job....   Do people think the guy Ratten employed would have had them any fitter, with less surgeries etc,  or is it all Micks fault because he employed Butters..

Every thread seems to get turned into a bash Mick thread..  :D