Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran blames complacency for poor start (Read 20650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Yarran blames complacency for poor start

Reply #30
So I ask you Jamie.

We spent nearly $800k to send players to Arizona, in high altitude environments, on pressurized aircraft for 24 hours each way in sub zero temperatures do they could sit and ride bikes...

So again is it poor management?

It's just a question.

Facts are in November 3 months before the start of the season we had a huge squad ( more than the previous year) and a lot of guys doing work at home.
Yes there are other injuries but we were talkig about pos season surgeries not other injuries which happen to all clubs?

I gave you the list of ones who didnt go over.. They were the ones I was talking about riding bikes etc.. Not the ones in Arizona...   I heard 22 surgeries over the whole preseason were had.. Obviously they happened at different times. Its affected 22 players at some stage over their 5 months of pres season.. So either way you look at it, they've missed crucial parts of their off seaso.. Arizona isnt the only crucial part of a pre season..  But tis is a circle we keep going around in.. Im getting off the merry go round..  :)

Reply #31
Show me where I have mentioned mick?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #33
If you and Carrots think that our pre season involves just doing two weeks in Arizona and all who took part have no excuses,

No excuses when it comes to post season surgery.....and yes, they don't have that as an excuse from where I sit.

Jamie you said it's hard to come on here, well from my perspective the excuses that continue to come up are quite nauseating to me as well. I agree there's a middle ground and both sides are to blame. I don't think you do.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34
To me if 37 were fit enough in November to travel to te states and let's say 40 all up were doing stuff In November then regardless of surgeries we had a fair squad do a fair chunk of a pre season. So No I don't buy the injury thing as an excuse. Look at the pre season thread, I actaully said we looked underdone... Doesn't make sense to me.

And why is it now only an issue with the group and the coaching staff. The article MBB showed said we were bullish with our squad doing a lot of the pre season. When did it change. When we were 0-4.

If you don't believe that then I'm not sure what to say. Should they start pre season I September (we will this year).

Let's talk about how we had salary cap pressure and couldn't trade last off season even though we had enough room for Cloke to come?

I just want to club to be honest.

#united #reset

Reply #35
If you and Carrots think that our pre season involves just doing two weeks in Arizona and all who took part have no excuses,

No excuses when it comes to post season surgery.....and yes, they don't have that as an excuse from where I sit.

Jamie you said it's hard to come on here, well from my perspective the excuses that continue to come up are quite nauseating to me as well. I agree there's a middle ground and both sides are to blame. I don't think you do.

I agree both sides are to blame for some things.. But not all..  Especially when it comes to our list and where we are at... I'll leave it at that... 

Reply #36
To me if 37 were fit enough in November to travel to te states and let's say 40 all up were doing stuff In November then regardless of surgeries we had a fair squad do a fair chunk of a pre season. So No I don't buy the injury thing as an excuse. Look at the pre season thread, I actaully said we looked underdone... Doesn't make sense to me.

And why is it now only an issue with the group and the coaching staff. The article MBB showed said we were bullish with our squad doing a lot of the pre season. When did it change. When we were 0-4.

If you don't believe that then I'm not sure what to say. Should they start pre season I September (we will this year).

Let's talk about how we had salary cap pressure and couldn't trade last off season even though we had enough room for Cloke to come?

To be fair, if we had have got Cloke, we would have had to have traded 2 or 3 players out...   I remember reading that we even had to re do some contracts when the AFL made Judds whole salary go onto our TPP...

Reply #37

To be fair, if we had have got Cloke, we would have had to have traded 2 or 3 players out...   I remember reading that we even had to re do some contracts when the AFL made Judds whole salary go onto our TPP...

Haha seperate issue... I won't go into it.

Let's just say 8-10 year players like Thornton, Russell and bower would have been on more than the standard $80k draftee contract ;-)

Boy do we need a win tonight!! For all our sakes!!

#united #reset

Reply #38

Haha seperate issue... I won't go into it.

Let's just say 8-10 year players like Thornton, Russell and bower would have been on more than the standard $80k draftee contract ;-)

Boy do we need a win tonight!! For all our sakes!!

I agree, we definitely need a win  :)...
Sorry to both you and carrots for going off a bit... I understand both your opinions, and i always do respect both of you and enjoy reading your posts...
 Anyway, like you said lets get a win.. I think if we lose I'll be steering clear for a while..  ;D

On another note, I sent you a Pm the other day.. Not sure if you got it..

Reply #39
They thought they were going to win?????

It's 11 on the premiership clock, who's fault was that?

Yeah because players, most of who are seasoned professional athletes,  don't have minds of their own, and know that they shouldn't take any opponents lightly.
FFS!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Reply #40
Yeah because players, most of who are seasoned professional athletes,  don't have minds of their own, and know that they shouldn't take any opponents lightly.

What was the plan that gave them this new found confidence, and when will we see it?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41

So in reality, we have two sides of the coin even on the pro-Malthouse side. Some believe the players aren't good enough and some believe they don't want it enough. And some flip flop between the two. :)) (not you Dom)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42

So in reality, we have two sides of the coin even on the pro-Malthouse side. Some believe the players aren't good enough and some believe they don't want it enough. And some flip flop between the two. :)) (not you Dom)

So just be upfront and say its me you are referencing..
For me its a clear mix of both..  Not enough talent, and not enough mental maturity throughout the whole list...

Reply #43
Nah I had you pegged in the 'players aren't good enough' category. Paranoid much? :P

Edit: I also left out 'the players had 18 preseason ops' category as well. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44
Nah I had you pegged in the 'players aren't good enough' category. Paranoid much? :P

No, because Ive also said its between their ears as well for the team. I said against Collingwood, they went into their shells after the 1st 10 minutes and it was plain as day....

You must just skim over my posts.. Which is fair enough. I would too.  :)