Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM (Read 5242 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM

So, who plays in our team for Week 1?

Which of the listed players are available?

Re: VFL Finals Week 1

Reply #1
Setters, Stocker, Motlop, Marchbank from Sunday's AFL game should all be available having played, I believe, less than 12 senior games. Dow, Kempt, Hayes, Carroll, Tall Durds and Honey of the senior listed lads should also pull on the boots... that's 10. Might be others I've missed... Boyd & Pitto?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
CARLTON LISTED AND ELIGIBLE:
Zac Williams
Mitch McGovern
Paddy Dow
Brodie Kemp
Will Hayes
Jack Carroll
Sam Durdin
Jordan Boyd (possibly inj)
Caleb Marchbank
Liam Stocker
Ed Curnow
Lachie Fogarty
Josh Honey
Marc Pittonet
David Cuningham
Alex Mirkov

Not sure about:
Jessie Motlop (12 games)
Jack Martin (12 games)

UPDATE WITH VFL PLAYERS INC.
Of the listed players, it looks like:

VFL (from last game)
Jesse Glass-Mccasker
Domanic Akuei
Tom North
Mitchell Moschetti
Stefan Radavanovic
Tyreece Leiu
Stefan Radavanovic
Heath Ramshaw
Alex Cincotta
Ben Crocker
Zavier Maher
Ned Cahill
Oliver Sanders
Joel Trudgeon

Reply #3
Second elimination final

Collingwood v Carlton
Victoria park
Sunday 28th August
1.05pm

Be there, or be square ;)
....or watch it on the Telly (Seven network)

Re: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM

Reply #4
Second elimination final

Collingwood v Carlton
Victoria park
Sunday 28th August
1.05pm

Be there, or be square ;)
....or watch it on the Telly (Seven network)

Thanks Lods. I have updated the thread title.

Re: VFL Finals Week 1 Sunday 28th August Collingwood v Carlton at Victoria park 1PM

Reply #5
Depending who is fit (and mix), we may line-up something like:

FB Caleb Marchbank, Sam Durdin, Brodie Kemp
HB Jack Carroll, Mitch McGovern, Zac Williams
C Mitchell Moschetti, Will Hayes, Liam Stocker
HF Josh Honey, Ed Curnow, Tom North
FF Lachie Fogarty, Jesse Glass-Mccasker, Ben Crocker
FOL Marc Pittonet, Tyreece Lieu, Paddy Dow
IC Stefan Radavanovic, Alex Cincotta, Michael Lewis, Alex Mirkov
EMG David Cuningham, Joel Trudgeon, Domanic Akuei, Oliver Sanders

Reply #6
Thoughts?

Reply #7
It'll be a tough game, even though we may have some AFL listed types available they tend to be half-hearted at VFL level even in finals because we have no possible AFL finals involvement. It's a bit like Pagan's famous saying.

However, the Filth given they have AFL finals coming will have players that are heavily motivated.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
It'll be a tough game, even though we may have some AFL listed types available they tend to be half-hearted at VFL level even in finals because we have no possible AFL finals involvement. It's a bit like Pagan's famous saying.

However, the Filth given they have AFL finals coming will have players that are heavily motivated.

Blah, blah…
There’s also some blokes there that will want/need to make a statement about where they want to be next year… and don’t discount the friendly bragging rights of “We made finals” “At least we can beat Collingwood” etc from the second tier.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #9

Nice.

Tyreece and Jack swap places, Trudgeon in for Moschetti.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10

I don't think Ed or Cuners will be considered.  Boyd was back in training but I doubt whether he'd be risked and I'm not sure whether Mirkov's gashed knee will be healed sufficiently.

Stocker won't play on the wing and will be in defence with Lieu and Plowman.  Carroll will be on the wing and I think that Williams could spend time in the midfield.  Trudgeon will be in the 23.  I wouldn't be surprised to see McGovern in the forward line; we have heaps of defenders but not much in the way of forwards.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I don't think Ed or Cuners will be considered.  Boyd was back in training but I doubt whether he'd be risked and I'm not sure whether Mirkov's gashed knee will be healed sufficiently.

Stocker won't play on the wing and will be in defence with Lieu and Plowman.  Carroll will be on the wing and I think that Williams could spend time in the midfield.  Trudgeon will be in the 23.  I wouldn't be surprised to see McGovern in the forward line; we have heaps of defenders but not much in the way of forwards.

Thanks for the update DJC, I haven't been able to find a lot of up-to-date information. I now Cuningham and Ed Curnow were back running, but not sure past that. You would 'hope' that line-up could go deep into September.

I think Plowman played 12 or more games (like Jack Martin).

Reply #12

Of course!  Scratch Plowman from the list.

We still have plenty of good defenders, both AFL- and VFL-listed, but lack forward firepower.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
The qualification is 6 VFL games, Plowman only played 3!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
The qualification is 6 VFL games, Plowman only played 3!

It's a little more complicated than that.  If a player plays one or more AFL games after 1 July, they are ineligible unless they have played 6 VFL games.  There are several other eligibility criteria.

Bottom line is that our team is:

Backs: Tyreece Leiu  Sam Durdin  Liam Stocker

Half-backs: Heath Ramshaw  Stefan Radovanovic  Alex Cincotta

Centreline:  Tom North  Will Setterfield  Will Hayes

Half-forwards:  Jack Carroll  Jesse Glass-McCasker  Ned Cahill

Forwards: Brodie Kemp  Ben Crocker  Jesse Motlop

Followers:   Alex Mirkov  Paddy Dow  Joel Trudgeon

Interchange:  Dom Akuei  David Handley  Michael Lewis  Mitch Moschetti  Zavier Maher