Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues 2019 (Read 3743 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues 2019

Reply #15
From what I've seen of Jean luc velissaris he's the best small forward at the club (including afl listed players).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
Caleb and Kyle Quirk from the Eastern ranges now at the NB's are the grandsons of Bryan Quirk I believe....Bryan for those too young to know was a stylish wingman
and part of the famous Quirk, Robertson, Crane centreline.
Us oldies remember the battles vs the equally famous Tiger centreline of Bourke, Barrot, and Clay..
Dont know anything about his grandsons but if they are half as good as their grandad they will be going ok.....

Reply #17
As a kid I remember listening in to a conversation a group was having about whether Bourke-Barrot-Clay was the best centreline of all time.  Someone suggested it was at least certainly "the best centreline since the war" to which the oldtimer of the group responded "Yes, and the war before.  But I remember as a boy seeing Bruce-McGregor-Kennedy in the Blues triple premierships of 06-7-8 and they were better".

Doing the maths I would put this conversation at about 60 years later so it is quite possible the oldtimer was telling the truth about seeing them play, and on reputation quite possibly the truth about them being better!