Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Attitude: 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 7626 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Attitude: 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
Looking at the stats sheet, 9 of the 10 players with the fewest disposals are from Carlton.
Gibbons hasn’t even got a disposal.
Polson, Lobbe and O’Brien have 2.
Thomas and jones 3.

Think of it this way. Our leading disposal winner is first year player Walsh. He has had more possessions than 6 players put together.

Reply #16
Won’t win a game with so many passengers.

O’brien, Polson, Gibbons, Lobbe are they playing?

Add in Dow and settlefield as having ordinary games and I’m surprised we are not 6-7 down.

Weitering and Jones down back and Cripps and Walsh in the middle have been huge but unless we get a more even spread in the second half the flood gates will open.

Cripps must be getting very tired of having to do it all.

Reply #17
Looking at the stats sheet, 9 of the 10 players with the fewest disposals are from Carlton.
Gibbons hasn’t even got a disposal.
Polson, Lobbe and O’Brien have 2.
Thomas and jones 3.

Think of it this way. Our leading disposal winner is first year player Walsh. He has had more possessions than 6 players put together.

Jones's 3 earns him the "Robert Klomp TV award".  ;D
He's having a good battle with Buddy.

Reply #18
Jones doing well on Buddy....Lobbe getting caned by Sinclair though, need our forwards to work better together, they just look like individuals playing their
own game....Cripps doing well even though being tagged by Kennedy who is going ok himself....

Dow winning the ball well but gone back to his TAC cup days with some poor kicking...needs to use his hands more and give the ball off....

Reply #19
What I want to know, is why is the club so good at drafting guys who simply don't have the basic skill set required to play the game.

F@cking Dow. I don't think one of his kicks spun correctly or hit a target. This is not the first time either. I was concerned by it in his first year, but it's continued on this year.

How can a pick 3 have basically no idea how to kick?  Doesn't surprise me considering the number of first round picks who we've drafted just can't kick. If it's not not Murphy or Gibbs when he was here, then it's Dow.

I get a horrible feeling Dow is another bust.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #20
It's why I wanted Cerra Spanner.   Dows kicking at junior level was very ordinary.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
Dow winning the ball well but gone back to his TAC cup days with some poor kicking...needs to use his hands more and give the ball off....
No, he needs to kick straight. His first miss was terrible.

Reply #22
Should we just call time and let the umpires hand the win to the swans?

Reply #23
Three weeks in a row, opposition ruck BoG.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
I dont know if it's bad coaching or lazy players but we give the Sydney mids 5 - 15m space all over the ground. None of our mids want to wear their opponent. And they pick their way through us every single time we play them.

Reply #26
Rabble.

Only some terrific individual efforts kept us in the game.

We're the kings of the cameo appearances. The very opposite of cohesive.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
Lobbe is a hopeless. Turtle slow. 

Polson is back to being polson.

Gibbons irrelevant

O’brien irrelevant.

All 4 would not get a game on any list.

Reply #28
Barb, I'm starting to think we call time on the coach :o

I'm also seriously wondering if the bloke actually knows what he's doing... sure doesn't look like it. Way too much confusion for a well drilled side.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17