Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 35270 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
That should be our new name... the Almost Football Club, kings of gutsy losses.

Yes, although they are much better than beltings.

Reply #16
Mentioned in the pre-game that 'honorable losses' are becoming a little thin.
If we keep having them it will only make coping with the bad loss worse when it occurs.
We need to win.

Reply #17
Yes, although they are much better than beltings.

And that about sums up where this once great club now sits... we're eternally grateful for not being belted.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
I guess the Almost Footy Club is a positive, this year I have thought several times during games that we're a chance, didn't have to worry about that last year.

Reply #19
Lost interest before last season. By now in 3 games we should have at least won one. Don't want to hear excuses. I rarely watch the games anymore. Still a member but the club is getting to the point that it may as well fold.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #20
And that about sums up where this once great club now sits... we're eternally grateful for not being belted.

Not eternally grateful - partly relieved and partly realistic.

Reply #21
Bolton should be furious.

Either his players can't follow instructions or he's missing the bleeding obvious.

Reply #22
That should be our new name... the Almost Football Club, kings of gutsy losses.
I wouldn’t call that a gutsy loss.
It was lucky to not be a belting. We were happy with our first quarter and nearly everyone stopped.
Our response to the pressure that finally came was to play safe. Only play along the boundary line, kick long in hope and play safe instead aggressive football.

Reply #23

Yes, I guess so, but we are tracking in the right direction. It feels like we are building.

Reply #24
Yes, I guess so, but we are tracking in the right direction. It feels like we are building.

Agree.

Reply #25
I wouldn’t call that a gutsy loss.
It was lucky to not be a belting. We were happy with our first quarter and nearly everyone stopped.
Our response to the pressure that finally came was to play safe. Only play along the boundary line, kick long in hope and play safe instead aggressive football.

Post that first quarter, McVeigh and others started to get going, that helped with the momentum shift. Buddy was a threat, and they brought more pressure to the ball.

Reply #26
Not sure what to think. Am away on so only caught the last quarter on a phone. But missed my daughter playing auskick on the ground as she got a last minute spot >:(

Same rubbish of a dysfunctional forward line suffering from slow and bombing delivery. Lack of crumbers and the ball is swept out too easily. Cripps plays an enormous game and we lose by 3-5 goals. I guess we will snag a few wins this year but it is all pretty uninspiring.  Good game from Mackay who took some fine marks. Shame about the goal kicking.

Ho hum. Round 3 and same old. We look better but the lack of scoring continues.

Reply #28
Mentioned in the pre-game that 'honorable losses' are becoming a little thin.
If we keep having them it will only make coping with the bad loss worse when it occurs.
We need to win.

In all seriousness, Principal LODS, this is one of the things that concerns me greatly. There comes a tipping point, psychologically, where a side just cannot play with the confidence to win and the expectation to win. This is where coaches earn their loot and where I fear BB comes up short (no pun intended).

Competing well but not winning has become the culture of the CFC. A lot of very comfortable coaches at our club.

Saddest thing is it's difficult to see any change, especially with a senior coach who preaches 'not to get to high and not to get to low'. Great leaders manage these normal human conditions and seek to use these things to motivate, encourage and inspire.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
Bolton should be furious.

Either his players can't follow instructions or he's missing the bleeding obvious.
Bolton should be sacked.
He doesn’t have a working game plan and is consistently out coached by the opposition.
His tactics don’t work - every week we watch as the opppsition just run through the zone, but he doesn’t switch defensive structure. He has drilled us to play along the boundary to reduce the risk of a turnover, but we just kick long to nobody and the opposition pick it off far too easily. He isn’t getting us to run and carry through the middle - at least not enough. When we did it in the first quarter we were competitive.
Too many players look lost on the ground and any lack passion.