Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 35330 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #270
And the world turns.

That would be three wins in a row for a observant punter, but I don't really gamble!

And yet there is a marked difference between causation and correlation....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #271
And yet there is a marked difference between causation and correlation....

Whether Carlton is the cause is unknown, but the trend is so significant given the odds being offered over the last couple of seasons, it's borders on bizarre!

I wonder what the long term odds really are for a prudent investor, given the odds bias the result?

What were the odds last night before the game?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #272
Barassi, Jesaulenko, Nicholls, Walls, and far too many other successful coaches to list say “Hi!”  :)

He gotcha there, Spotted One. I suspect you might have been thinking about the Jeans', Malthouses, Parkins... and then there's the bloke who defies categorisation - Blight!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #273
Whether Carlton is the cause is unknown, but the trend is so significant given the odds being offered over the last couple of seasons, it's borders on bizarre!

I wonder what the long term odds really are for a prudent investor, given the odds bias the result?

What were the odds last night before the game?

From memory $1.82 on Sydney to win and $2.20 for the dees to win.

Its not that surprising really.  The demons have started poorly and got baked in the media last week and needed to respond.  Sydney have been drinking their own bathwater and dining out on their reputation, and havent really impressed this season. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #274

Its not that surprising really.  The demons have started poorly and got baked in the media last week and needed to respond.  Sydney have been drinking their own bathwater and dining out on their reputation, and havent really impressed this season.

Those odds were mostly reflecting the fact that the Swans had never lost to the Dees under Horse's tenure....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #275

McVeigh was missing who really gives them a lot of composure. Wish our senior players could do that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #276
Those odds were mostly reflecting the fact that the Swans had never lost to the Dees under Horse's tenure....

Isn't that supporting the "Post Carlton" conjecture?

Anyway I'm not a punter, but it seems to me if the price is typically about 2:1 and that 70% of bets will win, you've either deadcrap dumb or horribly greedy not to come out slightly ahead!
The Force Awakens!