Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 35470 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
I'd be playing Setters, Dow, LOB in the 2s....

They need to learn to dominate a game - not be part time side acts....

Bolton must go if we're winless by the bye... the abject lack of a game plan - or a Plan B - is stark.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
Whose idea was it to play Ed as a defensive forward/midfielder?  That was never going to work  :)

One of the main things I took away is that Simmo is a liability in defence; he is often out of position and is too easily out bodied by taller, heavier opponents.  I think that he needs to play on the wing or with the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
I'd be playing Setters, Dow, LOB in the 2s....

They need to learn to dominate a game - not be part time side acts....

Bolton must go if we're winless by the bye... the abject lack of a game plan - or a Plan B - is stark.
Who comes in though?

Reply #48
I like Bolton, and I want him to succeed, but unlike the love of my life Ratten, I have no allegiance to Bolton one way or the other. I simply don't believe after all our recent experiences, that sacking the coach will solve anything.

I like Bolton too. Seems like a terrific, chirpy, upbeat kinda fella.

Although it might sound pedantic and just semantics but for me it's not about simply sacking BB. It's about understanding that we must now put someone in charge of this group who has been to the mountain top, someone who has had experience at molding a young group into a continual top 4 side. It's about entrusting this group to experience, not experiment.

BB was probably just the right bloke to keep the fans patient during a rebuild but now we need experience at the helm, otherwise a wonderful opportunity may just slide away.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
I like Bolton, and I want him to succeed, but unlike the love of my life Ratten, I have no allegiance to Bolton one way or the other. I simply don't believe after all our recent experiences, that sacking the coach will solve anything.

That is pretty much how I feel. Given everything that has happened, we simply have to stay the course.

Reply #50
Whose idea was it to play Ed as a defensive forward/midfielder?  That was never going to work  :)

One of the main things I took away is that Simmo is a liability in defence; he is often out of position and is too easily out bodied by taller, heavier opponents.  I think that he needs to play on the wing or with the NBs.

MBB and I have been saying this for 2 seasons. A true Navy Blue warrior, who will forever have my undying love and respect, but honestly, the jig is up.

Reply #51
I like Bolton too. Seems like a terrific, chirpy, upbeat kinda fella.

Although it might sound pedantic and just semantics but for me it's not about simply sacking BB. It's about understanding that we must now put someone in charge of this group who has been to the mountain top, someone who has had experience at molding a young group into a continual top 4 side. It's about entrusting this group to experience, not experiment.

BB was probably just the right bloke to keep the fans patient during a rebuild but now we need experience at the helm, otherwise a wonderful opportunity may just slide away.

You reckon the Judge still has Mick's mobile on the Rolodex ?

Reply #52
I think the thing that concerns me is that I find it very difficult to look at individual players and say...
"Yep, Carlton's been good to him...he's really developed in his time here."

We're carried to a large extent on the broad shoulders of Cripps.
We're investing a lot of faith in young Walsh who copped a fair bit of attention today.
How will he go in a long season.
It's shaping as every bit as arduous as Murphy's first season.

Reply #53
My match summary:

we kicked 5 goals in a good first quarter where we ran in numbers, used the corridor and applied pressure.

Then we stopped all that and kicked five more goals across the next three quarters. Two of which were in the last minute of the third term.

Out coached by Longmire.

Reply #54
You reckon the Judge still has Mick's mobile on the Rolodex ?

Since Parkin, the only bloke who developed any semblance of cohesion with our group was your boy, Ratts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55

It'll help alot. He is getting nothing out of a side that he should be. 3 wins in 35 games, Suggest it just keeps going the way it is?

If we get beaten by the Gold Coast next week he can roll himself out the door. Side is better than that.

We have won the last two against the Gold Coast in Qld.

Reply #56
Their running backs were what killed us. Every time one of McVeigh, Lloyd, Jones etc got the ball, they chewed up territory, either directly or through setting up a chain of a million possessions. Pretty much zero pressure on them from us. That was the difference, IMO. Our midfield and backs were good, as groups, but our forwards let us down defensively.

Reply #57
It'll help alot. He is getting nothing out of a side that he should be. 3 wins in 35 games, Suggest it just keeps going the way it is?

If we get beaten by the Gold Coast next week he can roll himself out the door. Side is better than that.

We have won the last two against the Gold Coast in Qld.
I agree, but who gets the gig if Bolton goes?
Can’t see any of the assistant coaches doing much better.
We need a coaching turnover at the end of the year.

Reply #58
Since Parkin, the only bloke who developed any semblance of cohesion with our group was your boy, Ratts.

Yes, but he wasn't experienced and hadn't "been to the mountain top."

Reply #59
How long must we tolerate this?  We're looking at 0 / 4, will not play finals and probably finish bottom two.  That hurts for a kid like me who grew up and was accustomed to success.