Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 35565 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #255
I still don't get it - Kennedy was BOG the week before, massive pump up via video from Stanton, not picked.

LOB has a very so so game in the same game, and gets a jumper.

WTF?

(i note no mention anywhere that Kennedy was injured again)

Point is, you simply can't have 2 or 3 blokes on the park who are only going to touch it a handful of times....

Sarcastic tone:

BB: "We select blokes based on form." (right up there with, 'We'll be defined by our pressure...").

End of sarcastic tone.

And, you're not the only one who doesn't get it. O'Brien and Levi were also inspired selections... ***cough, splutter***
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #256
Sarcastic tone:

BB: "We select blokes based on form." (right up there with, 'We'll be defined by our pressure...").

End of sarcastic tone.

And, you're not the only one who doesn't get it. O'Brien and Levi were also inspired selections... ***cough, splutter***

Sorry you cant quote from Bolton's pressers..they are a no go zone, his cliches are copyright and not to be reproduced without the consent of the appropriate authorities on this
forum especially on Tuesdays and Thurdays when the team will be trained harder by the coach this week....

Reply #257
Can I just add that the boys have become too comfortable being uncomfortable??

????
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #258

????

Funny but true, have we created a club full of masochists primed for failure?

Pavlov would have lots to study!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #259
Interesting The Dees inspect recent Swans games and go with twin rucks!

Dees to defeat the Swans.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #260

????

:)) :)) :)) :)) good one, Three Leos.

My favourite from BB is, "We don't put a ceiling on what we can achieve." Generally after being asked if he thought we could make finals, or what we sought from the season.

Just about the most unaccountable, mumbo jumbo piece of cr@p statement I think he's ever come out with. Great for shutting people up... you can't argue against it. Clever, and suitably ambiguous. Sort of thing Trump would love. And just the sort of thing you'd hear chanted at a pyramid/multi-level marketing seminar!!!

The human brain loves a clearly stated goal/vision, one that unites all, followed by the incremental steps required to achieve stated goal/vision. I'd much prefer, "It's our goal to play finals this year and go deep into finals next year, a premiership within 4 years", (for arguments sake). The stated goals of the first two years of the rebuild were practical, realistic and relateable for the fans. Last year and this, well, just unaccountable, visionless garbage.

People laughed at the Tiggers a few years back when they publicly stated they would achieve 70,000 members... unheard of at the time. They had a vision. Bravo. Who's laughing now?

How about a clearly stated vision for this year, BB? Nothing vague (he loves the back door left open), something that is actually palpable, treats us with a little respect and assumes we might actually be capable of critical thinking. If we fall short, well, we're very forgiving... that's obvious, eh?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #261
:)) :)) :)) :)) good one, Three Leos.

My favourite from BB is, "We don't put a ceiling on what we can achieve." Generally after being asked if he thought we could make finals, or what we sought from the season.

Just about the most unaccountable, mumbo jumbo piece of cr@p statement I think he's ever come out with. Great for shutting people up... you can't argue against it. Clever, and suitably ambiguous. Sort of thing Trump would love. And just the sort of thing you'd hear chanted at a pyramid/multi-level marketing seminar!!!

The human brain loves a clearly stated goal/vision, one that unites all, followed by the incremental steps required to achieve stated goal/vision. I'd much prefer, "It's our goal to play finals this year and go deep into finals next year, a premiership within 4 years", (for arguments sake). The stated goals of the first two years of the rebuild were practical, realistic and relateable for the fans. Last year and this, well, just unaccountable, visionless garbage.

People laughed at the Tiggers a few years back when they publicly stated they would achieve 70,000 members... unheard of at the time. They had a vision. Bravo. Who's laughing now?

How about a clearly stated vision for this year, BB? Nothing vague (he loves the back door left open), something that is actually palpable, treats us with a little respect and assumes we might actually be capable of critical thinking. If we fall short, well, we're very forgiving... that's obvious, eh?

Thanks.

In fairness, the last of our coaches to publically state an aim, drew a massive target on his back.

Malthouse couldnt see us losing a game (he was being facetious, but it became a point our opposition insisted on driving home as they pummelled us mercilessly and set themselves to do it).

The coach before him Ratten publically stated that top 4 was the aim before falling short of finals, and copping the lemon sars.

One wonders, what may have occurred differently had both of them kept their mouths shut, and gone with some more ambiguous answer.

On a more Brendan Bolton level, he needs to stop looking up at the ceiling, and worry about the termites eating through the floor.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #262
Well I’ll be.....

“For Jones, dotting the Is and crossing the Ts began with video reviews of the Swans’ opening two contests with the Western Bulldogs and Adelaide. As he said: “I made sure I had a look at the blokes who played on him (Franklin) – Easton Wood in Round 1 and Daniel Talia the following week”.

A “go-to” person was the former Hawthorn, St Kilda and Fremantle key defender Zac Dawson, the recently-appointed manager of Carlton’s Next Generation Academy program.

Zac’s been a great help. He’s given me key points each week, has watched vision with me and helped me preview the guys I might be playing on,” Jones revealed.”

Reply #263
Well I’ll be.....

“For Jones, dotting the Is and crossing the Ts began with video reviews of the Swans’ opening two contests with the Western Bulldogs and Adelaide. As he said: “I made sure I had a look at the blokes who played on him (Franklin) – Easton Wood in Round 1 and Daniel Talia the following week”.

A “go-to” person was the former Hawthorn, St Kilda and Fremantle key defender Zac Dawson, the recently-appointed manager of Carlton’s Next Generation Academy program.

Zac’s been a great help. He’s given me key points each week, has watched vision with me and helped me preview the guys I might be playing on,” Jones revealed.”

Yes, it's borderline frightful that he (Dawson) is :
a. at our club
b. helping Jones.

Who knew ? Anyway, good news, and I hope he continues to help Jones grow his game.

Well done to both.

Reply #264
Dawson was a guy with zero ability who managed to somehow keep a career going despite delistings to play 166 games.

Those are sometimes the types of guys who make good coaches. We all know Clarkson had zero playing ability.

Reply #265
Dawson was a guy with zero ability who managed to somehow keep a career going despite delistings to play 166 games.

Those are sometimes the types of guys who make good coaches. We all know Clarkson had zero playing ability.

Fair points jeza.

Reply #266

It's why Leigh Matthews is such an exception, most good players are dud coaches.

Almost certainly teams coached by has-been superstars would have done better without them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #267
One of the reasons for this is that most superstars have natural ability, and a lot of the time they just play on instinct rather than playing to orders. Sure they have a role, but the way they go about it is generally left up to them, or game plans built around them.

Reply #268
It's why Leigh Matthews is such an exception, most good players are dud coaches.

Almost certainly teams coached by has-been superstars would have done better without them!

Barassi, Jesaulenko, Nicholls, Walls, and far too many other successful coaches to list say “Hi!”  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #269
Interesting The Dees inspect recent Swans games and go with twin rucks!

Dees to defeat the Swans.

And the world turns.

That would be three wins in a row for a observant punter, but I don't really gamble!
The Force Awakens!