Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 19218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #105
Reckon one of Charlie and McGovern wont play and Casboult will keep his place......we want fit players up there in the heat too.
They might include Brodie to help Bowes and Holman rotate on Cripps..
Polson to play on Harbrow...

Play or did you mean run around in circles behind him.....get 4-7 touches.....stuff up 60% of them.

WTF are continuing to preserve with guys that show SFA.

Surely he cant be selected again after another typical Polson game last week.

Reply #106
Play or did you mean run around in circles behind him.....get 4-7 touches.....stuff up 60% of them.

Weller an out for the Suns is good for us. If we can rove the Witts hitouts, we should win the middle.

Reply #107

No fan of Polson as you know but he is a coaches fav and will probably get a game ahead of Gibbons who isnt a defensive player.....
Harbrow is a player we need to shut down and ideally suited to Polson size wise...if there was ever a player and a game made for Polson its this one.
If he fails to make an impact this week Id see him in the NB's for a while especially with players like Williamson, Lang etc on the comeback trail...

Reply #108
Weller an out for the Suns is good for us. If we can rove the Witts hitouts, we should win the middle.

Wouldnt underestimate the GC kids in the middle...Bowes has fixed up Fyfe and Bontempelli in recent weeks and they are probably going to have us for leg speed.
We need to be well up at halftime IMO as they should enjoy the heat more more than us the further the game goes.
Saying all that I expect a 5 goal win or better given they dont have Lynch, May, Hall and are also coached by a newbie in Dew who Bolton should have covered in the box
given he is more experienced.

Reply #109
Curnow for Poulson only change.   McGovern must not be playing otherwise we are far too top heavy.  Of course there is nothing to say that both Charlie and Gov don’t come up. Interesting to know who was on the plane up......

Reply #110
Surely one of the talls will be a late out, otherwise the Suns defenders will have a field day when the ball hits the ground.

Reply #111
I thought we were too tall last week. This week we are just taking the piss surely.

Same thing happened last year. I reckon we got to about round 12 and i was happy with the team balance after final teams were announced a total of 2 times. Surprise, we struggled to win a game.

Have we learned nothing?

Reply #112
Emergencies:

Jsos, Kennedy, polson and stocker

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #113
Curnow for Poulson only change.   McGovern must not be playing otherwise we are far too top heavy.  Of course there is nothing to say that both Charlie and Gov don’t come up. Interesting to know who was on the plane up......
No 40 is a very lucky man IMO
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #115
Yep, but I hope they don't keep hiding him in dead man's corner, & actually give him a run in the middle where he won his 2 Liston medals  ;)

Gibbons looks just too slow and too small to repeat that at AFL level, and he seems miles off on the aerobic factor even hanging around in the pocket!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
Yep, but I hope they don't keep hiding him in dead man's corner, & actually give him a run in the middle where he won his 2 Liston medals  ;)

Agree....25 degree heat and sunny so we will need a lot of rotations, reckon Gibbons can take his turn in the middle.....

Reply #117

From what I’ve seen, he has spent as much time in the midfield as he has in the forward line.

The fact of the matter is that there is a huge difference between VFL and AFL.  At best, Gibbons is in the process of adjusting to AFL tempo and pressure; at worst, he will be an important addition to our NBs team.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #119
And LOB?
Him as well
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time