Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 19126 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #135
Far from pointless or meaningless - and, as I stated, not the be all and end all.

But the taller bloke is very likely to have a considerably bigger wingspan too - do the maths!

Witts - 208, Gawn - 208, Preuss - 206, Sandi - 211.

All of those blokes are as mobile as any of our rucks, arguably better in the air and (Special K aside) on a par in terms of 2nd and 3rd efforts.

They are nowhere near as mobile as SpecialK, not even as mobile as Phillips or De Koning. On 2nd or 3rd efforts Preuss isn't even in the same league, he's awful, even worse than Sandilands who has almost nothing besides taps and marking! Sandilands brings intimidation, which elevates everything else, Preuss doesn't even have that!

Preuss reminds me of Ziebell, in that he has an angel behind the scenes somewhere who is pumping up his tyres based on a couple of nice VFL performances, not to say he won't make it but his reputation is unjustified!

Gawn is the best of that lot and he described his last head to head with SpecialK as being run into the ground, the hardest opponent Gawn has even faced!

And again, Warnock 206cm, case closed!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
They are nowhere near as mobile as SpecialK, not even as mobile as Phillips or De Koning.

Gawn is the best of that lot and he described his last head to head with SpecialK as being run into the ground, the hardest opponent Gawn has even faced!

I think sometime last season Gawn rated Krooz as the best ruckman he's played against. Quite a compliment.

EDIT : https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/15/melbourne-star-max-gawn-names-the-best-ruckman-he-has-faced/

Reply #137
I think sometime last season Gawn rated Krooz as the best ruckman he's played against. Quite a compliment.

EDIT : https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/15/melbourne-star-max-gawn-names-the-best-ruckman-he-has-faced/

Nice link PaulP

Grundy 202cm or Ryder 196cm, miles ahead of the vast majority of the taller options!

Cox 211cm, if height was the only thing he'd be a A-Grade ruck option, but despite his height he barely matches it in the ruck with Casboult! Guys like SpecialK and those two named above make Cox their bitch in the center and around the ground!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
They are nowhere near as mobile as SpecialK, not even as mobile as Phillips or De Koning. On 2nd or 3rd efforts Preuss isn't even in the same league, he's awful, even worse than Sandilands who has almost nothing besides taps and marking! Sandilands brings intimidation, which elevates everything else, Preuss doesn't even have that!

Preuss reminds me of Ziebell, in that he has an angel behind the scenes somewhere who is pumping up his tyres based on a couple of nice VFL performances, not to say he won't make it but his reputation is unjustified!

Case closed because you cited one 206cm bloke who was a dud?

Gee, hope you're not a scientist.

And might I remind you Matty K isn't out there (and hasn't been in 2019 yet) and he played 12 games in 2018 (in many of which when he was clearly injured or unfit or both).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #139
Poulson and Kennedy are the traveling extras. At least 1 will be included I’m sure. 

Reply #140
Ummmm, maybe not. As selected. We are VERY top heavy!  Charlie to spend more time on the ball, maybe alternating with Cripps up forward??

Reply #141
Ummmm, maybe not. As selected. We are VERY top heavy!  Charlie to spend more time on the ball, maybe alternating with Cripps up forward??

Suns are very small down back, maybe looking to exploit that area, would want to be well in front at half time given its a warm day and the Suns are
are a quick team and likely to run out the game well..

Reply #142
Suns are very small down back, maybe looking to exploit that area, would want to be well in front at half time given its a warm day and the Suns are
are a quick team and likely to run out the game well..

^ this