Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Angst: 2019 AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 11055 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Angst: 2019 AFL Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #120
When Dow went inboard in the last minute I yelled NO!!!

Had to go down the ground. Embarrassing being a supporter of this team.

Reply #121
Very sick of this disjointed performance, lack of leadership, doesn't feel like a "team" at all

Reply #123
Those umpires were not at AFL level at all. They really had a shocker.

Reply #124
Oh and well done to the selectors. We had about 4 to 5 passengers now we have about 10.

Reply #126
I'd trade Cripps and Walsh, that'll get us three or four reasonable players and we can retire most of Simmo, Murphy, Lobbe, Ed and Plowman.

Having superstars isn't good enough when the base is so low. That game was lost when blokes like Simmo, Ed and Plowman win hard balls then hit opposition by foot from unpressured disposals. The end was nothing more than the result of poor earlier football.

The only way you can get rid of those guys is to trade them low or pension them off, and you need quality replacements.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
Hey mods, please lock this and pre game up.

Reply #128
Very sick of this disjointed performance, lack of leadership, doesn't feel like a "team" at all

:-X
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #129
Club needs a clean out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130

I don’t agree. I think our boys try their arse off and want to win as much as anyone.

The issue is the cattle we have and continue to draft are not capable.

Too many butchers by foot and when you add that to dumb decision makers we are locked in for another wooden spoon.

Reply #131
I don’t agree. I think our boys try their arse off and want to win as much as anyone.

The issue is the cattle we have and continue to draft are not capable.

Too many butchers by foot and when you add that to dumb decision makers we are locked in for another wooden spoon.

Yes this is it, hard to see a resolution to this by any conventional means!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #132
I can't see BB getting sacked right now but that does feel more and more like an inevitable conclusion at this point. Going up there and kicking 57 points in pristine conditions is just a really bad sign about how his coaching is just not working for our playing group. We've got more talent than what BB is getting out of them and as I say that just feels like the inevitable conclusion will be his sacking.

Reply #133
Had we not kicked long to Gibbons 8 times instead of hitting one of our 4 tall forwards we might have won.

Yes you too cripps.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #134
Have we just perpetuated the messiah syndrome by making Cripps captain, is the team just standing around waiting for him to win the game for them?

Is he's the wrong choice of captain?

I think it may be the case!
The Force Awakens!