Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 34263 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #30
Couldn’t disagree more.
We should have won that game by 6 goals

We have no plan and play dumb footy

It’s got to be coaching

yep, either the plan is shocking or it's too complicated that the players don't get it....

we move the ball too slowly and never kick (even) towards the tall targets....Gibbons seemed more of a target than any other!  ::) ::)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
Is Charlie being played out of position , trying to fit to many talks in the line up?

The three tall forwards is a dead end solution, we don't have the mid and smalls to carry so many tall forwards and in any case they just get in each others way. We need two tall forwards with two rucks out around the ground because our mids and smalls are weaklings. At least then when blokes like Simmo and Ed bomb the ball high and long we have a chance to bring it to ground!

Other clubs must be pissing themselves laughing about Gibbons, he's a mini-Casboult coach killer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Is Charlie being played out of position , trying to fit to many talks in the line up?

He doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough

Looks very happy with himself when he kicks a goal.

Needs to get involved all over the ground.

He needs some time in the twos

Reply #33
Passengers,  F me we carry some passengers.

Of all the players selected from the VFL we select the most credentialled one... Who has delivered nothing.

Officially over Dow.   His JLT series  stank and he continues to do so. Needs a rocket,  his mistakes hurt. 

Don't get the hype with Chuck.  As a footballer, dumb as a box of hammers. Needs a dose of reality in the twos.

Plowman and Setterfield....need a run in the twos as well.

Stocker would want to be elite Stephen....you gave away what looks like pick one for that bloke.  How's that deal looking now, a touch expensive?

Another two win season coming up, where's the "green shoots" now Brendan??????

Fair summation Prof  O0
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
This will be an interesting thread. Im speechless right now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Bolton won't be coaching next year.
Not unless a miracle occurs. Losing to a Qld team has lost our coaches their jobs before. So may this. It simply isn't good enough.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
Sounded like it was still ok. i know when we were drafting we weren't taking $hit kicks.

We need elite kicks, like a junior Pendlebury, Dow was recuited for his breakaway pace......

Be glad we didnt get Jack Lukosius.....could be the next Jack Watts..

Reply #37
The three tall forwards is a dead end solution, we don't have the mid and smalls to carry so many tall forwards and in any case they just get in each others way. We need two tall forwards with two rucks out around the ground because our mids and smalls are weaklings. At least then when blokes like Simmo and Ed bomb the ball high and long we have a chance to bring it to ground!

Other clubs must be pissing themselves laughing about Gibbons, he's a mini-Casboult coach killer!

he was the least of our worries today.

Think Charlie (total shocker - 3rd time this season), Big H, Setters, Dow, Ed C., Fisher - all chopped it up badly when under ZERO pressure.

I thought the backs went pretty well as a unit.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
Fair dinkum.  All you guys and girls saying we should stay fat with Bolton are like frogs unable to jump out of a pot being slowly heated to boiling point.

So apparently the logic is, sacking coaches hasn't served us well in the past 20 years so we should stop doing that.  You're all idiots as far as I'm concerned.  You know, if you toss a coin 99 times and it comes up heads every time there's still a 50% chance the next toss will turn up tails.

I've held off posting this season thinking I might go off half-cocked.  Well, I'm out.  A few years ago I said we should just fold as a going concern - maybe just a little tongue in cheek.  In retrospect it would have been a genius move worthy of the Crows recruiting department as then we could forever claim to be the greatest club of all time.  Now, we are irrelevant. An endless source of cheap jokes for Mick Molloy.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #39
Stocker would want to be elite Stephen....you gave away what looks like pick one for that bloke.  How's that deal looking now, a touch expensive?

I suspect SOS placed his bets when he recruited Jack and Ben.

If they spend the bulk of their careers at Northern then SOS has his papers signed!

Guys like Gibbons and Cottrell are almost irrelevant by comparison!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
ps Gibbons is a midfielder, not a small forward.

Why not play him in a position he knows how to play?

BB has the too cute bug too me thinks.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
Fair dinkum.  All you guys and girls saying we should stay fat with Bolton are like frogs unable to jump out of a pot being slowly heated to boiling point.

So apparently the logic is, sacking coaches hasn't served us well in the past 20 years so we should stop doing that.  You're all idiots as far as I'm concerned.  You know, if you toss a coin 99 times and it comes up heads every time there's still a 50% chance the next toss will turn up tails.

I've held off posting this season thinking I might go off half-cocked.  Well, I'm out.  A few years ago I said we should just fold as a going concern - maybe just a little tongue in cheek.  In retrospect it would have been a genius move worthy of the Crows recruiting department as then we could forever claim to be the greatest club of all time.  Now, we are irrelevant. An endless source of cheap jokes for Mick Molloy.

Ratten had won 11 the season he got rolled IIRC?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #42
I don't care if Setterfield gets rubbed out,  he's useless anyway.   Kennedy or JSOS can do his role, which is presumably some on ball role because I'll be buggered what he was doing today. At least JSOS plays like he gives a stuff.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43

The coach isn't the problem. Modern football is more structured, more systematic, and more complex than it's ever been. You can't blame the coach for shocking turnovers, clangers, players that can't kick straight etc.

Reply #44
The coach isn't the problem. Modern football is more structured, more systematic, and more complex than it's ever been. You can't blame the coach for shocking turnovers, clangers, players that can't kick straight etc.

Yes and it's the coach's f'n role to get the players using such a system WITH skill....

It's 100% the coach's cop, sorry Paul.
Finals, then 4 in a row!