Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs (Read 27734 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs

Reply #15
What platform are you operating on EB? I have found that the text editor on some phones can cause random line breaks.

Cookie, Windows 10 and the odd phone(android) post, most of my problems with spacing/line breaks are by design
not technical issues. Hopefully when I retire at years end I can produce better formatted posts, the content will still be of debatable quality of course.. ;)

Reply #16
We go into the game without a win. Disgraceful. That offers little hope against a team like the Dogs.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
We go into the game without a win. Disgraceful. That offers little hope against a team like the Dogs.

We'll win by 6 goals.

We've been $h!t out of luck of late, and we are due for some things to go our way. It will be this week and it will be glorious.

Reply #18
Which coach would not be pencilling in a win against us?  We are almost on a par with last year.

Reply #19
Which coach would not be pencilling in a win against us?  We are almost on a par with last year.

Dogs are beatable, they have a good midfield but their defense is very working class, Cordy, Wood and Crozier
shouldnt work against the taller McGovern, Harry and Charlie. That trio hasnt worked as a group all season but
a couple of them must be due to fire and thats where we can win the game.
Cripps will need plenty of help this week but with Kreuzer due back he should get an easier run....
Blues by 3 goals.....be another non pretty game to watch IMO.

Reply #20
Dogs are beatable, they have a good midfield but their defense is very working class, Cordy, Wood and Crozier
shouldnt work against the taller McGovern, Harry and Charlie. That trio hasnt worked as a group all season but
a couple of them must be due to fire and thats where we can win the game.
Cripps will need plenty of help this week but with Kreuzer due back he should get an easier run....
Blues by 3 goals.....be another non pretty game to watch IMO.
Dogs are beatable but we cant beat an egg at the moment. Every week we talk about how we can beat this and beat that. I have tried to be positive but after today, I am rock bottom. We will lose next week, the week after, the week after that etc etc. Until I see something different, I cant see how we can beat anyone. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we will lose every game. We played who everyone tipped to win the wooden spoon and handed them a victory, where does that put us?
Rant over, going to bed, hopefully the sun comes up tomorrow (no pun intended).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
Dogs are beatable but we cant beat an egg at the moment. Every week we talk about how we can beat this and beat that. I have tried to be positive but after today, I am rock bottom. We will lose next week, the week after, the week after that etc etc. Until I see something different, I cant see how we can beat anyone. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we will lose every game. We played who everyone tipped to win the wooden spoon and handed them a victory, where does that put us?
Feel this too.

Reply #22

I didnt see the GC game as make or break..as the scores showed two ordinary teams who played a shocking standard game and neither of them got much out of it.
re: Dogs..I said how we should win the game and the margin but would I put my money on it ,probably not but I still see some hope of getting a few wins if we get
some luck.

Reply #23
I didnt see the GC game as make or break..as the scores showed two ordinary teams who played a shocking standard game and neither of them got much out of it.
re: Dogs..I said how we should win the game and the margin but would I put my money on it ,probably not but I still see some hope of getting a few wins if we get
some luck.
This luck thing, explain it to me? Is luck hitting targets? Kicking Straight? Manning up? Making good decisions?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #24
Their midfielders will each get 30 possessions running around unattended and they win by 6-8 goals.

The same CFC players (Walsh,  Cripps,  Weeters and Jones) will try valiantly to hold the tide,  but they will drown under the weight of passengers and a flood of f ups from the usual hackers.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
This luck thing, explain it to me? Is luck hitting targets? Kicking Straight? Manning up? Making good decisions?

Just the usual things like the ball running our way on the bounce , the umps paying the 50/50 ones our way, a few freebies in front of goal,those 
good tackles being rewarded. Not having the opposition 7ft monster ruckman pitted against your plan B,C and D rucks.
Bontempelli doing a hammy in the warmup...

Reply #26
Just the usual things like the ball running our way on the bounce , the umps paying the 50/50 ones our way, a few freebies in front of goal,those 
good tackles being rewarded. Not having the opposition 7ft monster ruckman pitted against your plan B,C and D rucks.
Bontempelli doing a hammy in the warmup...
WB's could not turn up (literally) until 3/4 time and we would still find a way to lose. Remember that video someone did all those years ago about Port Adelaide losing against the bye? We would dead set lose against the bye if it was next week.
I'm starting to wonder if the questions people having been asking about us are in fact very valid. Like someone asked a few days ago, why do other teams rebuild, redraft, changes their lists but still manage to win games? Look at the ladder. Every team has a win except us. Every team has won and unexpected game except us. If we cant beat GC, we cant beat anyone I'm afraid. Richmond went and won without their 4 best players. Take out Cripps, Weiters, Jones and Walsh from our side this week and we would lose to Frankston.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #27
This game is likely to hit our percentage hard. A win for us against the Bulldogs is fairy land dreaming. I just hope we don’t get belted as the next 3 after are really not much better chances of a victory for the Blues. Not from where our squad stands at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #28
This game is likely to hit our percentage hard. A win for us against the Bulldogs is fairy land dreaming. I just hope we don’t get belted as the next 3 after are really not much better chances of a victory for the Blues. Not from where our squad stands at the moment.

BS. Gold Coast beat them by 5!  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
Let there be hope I am an idiot and wrong. I am happy to come back and admit that.  :))
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.