Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92837 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #60
People are posting like they are surprised at the outcome?

It was predicable.   Big challenge for the lads tonight.   Everything to play for.   Kicked 9.22.   Some nice highlights.  Micky's fault.

Reply #61
Waite tried to take Mark of The Century over the pack 15m out from the Bomber goal and in the dying minutes of the match.   ::)

Can anyone please, give me a rationale answer as to why, any player who has 10-years experience would try that on ??

Complete & utter bell-end of the highest proportion !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #62
The worse thing about tonight is now the GWS know hoe SH#T Warnock is, they will never take him in a trade now

Reply #63
I'll say it again because my last vent wasn't enough and if I don't write something down I'm going to start punching holes in walls somewhere.

This is not a Carlton team and is therefore not worthy of any of our support.

Kade Simpson should go play for Geelong or Hawthorn so he can have some real team mates.

Everything about our club in its current incarnation is absolute garbage.

Soft pretenders who should be made to get day jobs as they will never make it as legitimate footballers.

Where's the "like" button when you need one !!

Reply #64
Choked under pressure? Missing when the going got tough?  I think we need to get one thing straight.  There was very little pressure tonight.  And it certainly wasn't that tough.

Perfect example - why did McInnes elect to punch that ball instead of mark?

Once again, we beat ourselves. We're nowhere near good enough on so many levels - can't kick, can't (don't wanna) run, can't tackle. Fairly basic requirements.

Gibbs missed that last kick he had for goal because he felt  pressure, Casboult panicked and turned the ball over under pressure, handpassing to no one after he had a  chance to kick the footy....McInnes punched instead of marked because of the perceived pressure.
Graham didnt think to kick the ball along the boundary because he was under pressure and kicked it back to the corridor...

The pressure is mental and we fell apart like we always do vs teams who have this hold on us.....

"Felt" or "perceived" pressure?  I'm not disagreeing with you. How did it come to this?  No poise, no crisp handling, no confidence of forethought in knowing how to constructively dispose of the ball even before you take possession. All lacking. This debate about recruitment versus development is a furphy BECAUSE IT'S BOTH.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #65
Waite tried to take Mark of The Century over the pack 15m out from the Bomber goal and in the dying minutes of the match.   ::)

Can anyone please, give me a rationale answer as to why, any player who has 10-years experience would try that on ??

Complete & utter bell-end of the highest proportion !!!

We have to move on from Waite like we do a lot of other players.......Waite is a dumb footballer who teases you with some highlight reel stuff but will always revert to being dumb when under pressure.
I thought Simpson and Jamison were the exceptions......McInnes is a kid learning and I dont blame any of our kids tonight.

Murphy and Gibbs were only fair tonight and the blowtorch needs to be applied to them both...Murphy cant handle the captains role as well as being taken by the best tagger and Gibbs while ok early on Goddard continues not to impact when we need him most....not good for the future.

Reply #66

It was predicable.   Big challenge for the lads tonight.   Everything to play for.   Kicked 9.22.   Some nice highlights.  Micky's fault.

Come on Matt.

You know I'm better than that. It was predictable for all the reasons you mentioned before. Can't rally
Blame Mick for this isolated game. Season on the line, opposition backs against the wall.
Kick 9.22. The collision at the end was so beautifully scripted in the Carlton melodrama it spewed forth from the pen of a the cheesiest Hollywood movie writer.

I think Waite forward would have helped.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #67

Shadesy

You have always been a pessimistic tallywhacker.

We had every reason to expect we would win tonight.

Lance

There is a difference between being negative and being a realist.

I haven't been often wrong about the team
Lately and it's easier than putting all
Your hopes in a team that's not up to it.

#united #reset

Reply #68

Come on Matt.

You know I'm better than that. It was predictable for all the reasons you mentioned before. Can't rally
Blame Mick for this isolated game. Season on the line, opposition backs against the wall.
Kick 9.22. The collision at the end was so beautifully scripted in the Carlton melodrama it spewed forth from the pen of a the cheesiest Hollywood movie writer.

It's the culmination of things leading up to this terrible loss. Malthouse couldn't make them kick straight but fk me we always have an excuse don't we.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
Bootsma should have played.... Im not efen joking...Now that says alot!

Reply #70

Come on Matt.

Agree on Waite...Essendon did the Carlisle switch on us 1st game and it worked....Henderson probably would have been better down back as he struggled vs their taller defense.
Truth is we are one big defender short down back...McInnes is strong enough and you have to have alternatives so you can re-arrange the team when things are not working...

Reply #71

Come on Matt.

It's the culmination of things leading up to this terrible loss. Malthouse couldn't make them kick straight but fk me we always have an excuse don't we.

You know, the same mistakes keep happening exactly 12 months on from last year.

We changed coaches for a reason right?

#united #reset

Reply #72
As soon as we got to 20 points up but couldn't seem to push through this mythical barrier of a lead I knew we were in trouble.

Yeah, it's leadership all right. Leadership and skill.  Leadership, skill, and heart.  Amongst our failings are ...
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #73
Lost this as soon as Aaron 'the spud' Joseph was brought in! And can all of the flogs who have been calling for Duigan's inclusion all year pleas shut the feck up!

Lost it before it began.

Reply #74
If anyone can supply me with a reason why we can't win against a team that has won 1 quarter of their last 16 I'd be keen to hear it ??