Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review) (Read 75493 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review)

Reply #30
Pinot thoughts
Milne is therapist.
To Luke Darcy: BUT we've been booing him forever.
Henderson is a smart footballer.
Watso is uninspiring but operated at 100%
Cachia did well hunting the ball more than usual
Curnow is no good with the ball but he's a killer of  ball magnets. Drove Montagna mad.
Yarran will never be what we want him to be. BUT he is what we need him to be.
Tuohy is becoming elite
Carrots is struggling
Scotland was better
Armfield was channeling me in the first half
Jammo was channeling me in the second half
Murphy works very hard.
Lucas confuses me. He's like a hot dumb chick.
Betts needs to play more midfield
McInness is bank interest
Simpson is selfish
Gibbs is NOT an elite kick
Kreuzer is Kreuzer
Walker is our driving force
JUdd
Maclean is stoic
Rowe can catch
"When the truth comes out, I think you will find that I will be in a very good position."
Lance Hird 13/04/13

Reply #31
What Rowe and Watson give us is structure, while unproven over the journey and with plenty of tests still front of them they are genuine KP players not ruckman trying to be turned into Kp players.
Rowe does have an edge in experience and knows how to play the position, also his kicking is excellent....but can he deliver 4 quarters each week and vs better opponents who wont give him space and front position where he can use his extra height.

Watson did some good spoils and his kicking was very good.....like Rowe its about him working hard for 4 quarters week in and week out.
He clearly doesnt put the effort in when playing for the NB's and like Rowe is a better player when playing with better players who can give him some easy ball to use those nice skills.

Forgotten man is Andrew McInnes in this equation...didnt look real comfortable on the more heavily built Lee but ran out the game well and keeps on keeping on.
A good player to have down back as a reliable type who knows his limitations and can help cover for any loose play from a player like Watson.

Henderson and Rowe may not be everyones ideal combo down foward but at least they can convert and you have confidence when they do shoot for goal.

A small step forward tonight and we are learning more about players who have had question marks next to their name....

Simpson played very well tonight down back and our physicality was much better.....broke the Saints hold over us and now its our turn to dominate them...

Reply #32
I'd be tempted to play Waite as CHB when he's available and use him as a swingman with Hendo. Let Hendo and Rowe settle in the forward line a while

I still reckon Waite has played his best football at CHB.

Leave him forward with Henderson. May as well make  the forward line as potent as possible. Still remember big bodies like Brown smashing him and kicking 10 on him when he was CHB.

Reply #33
I'd be tempted to play Waite as CHB when he's available and use him as a swingman with Hendo. Let Hendo and Rowe settle in the forward line a while

I still reckon Waite has played his best football at CHB.

Leave him forward with Henderson. May as well make  the forward line as potent as possible. Still remember big bodies like Brown smashing him and kicking 10 on him when he was CHB.

Agree...he can kick straight which is what you want down forward ....you cant have dodgy kicking players wasting limited opportunities.....

Reply #34
Agree with Brother Elwood about McInness, he has quietly found his way back in the team and at 191cmhe does look after that third-marking tall.

Still not back to his full fitness or playing capacity after being out for so long but he is an integral part of our defensive unit.   
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #35
While I'm happy to get the win I'm not getting carried away with that performance - we need to play better than that if we are to beat North next week in what is almost a finals elimination game.

I would like to see us stick with Hendo up forward now - we need to look for another KPD to replace him IMO. Rowe also did well and we need to persevere with him as a forward.

Watson kicked very well apart from one lapse and did a few things but I must say I've have doubts about him making it. There was one occasion I recall when his man got goal side of him and he was literally glacier-like in getting back - in fact he made no effort at all - a worry, but we'll see I guess.

I reckon Watson's major problem is fitness.  When with St. Nick up the ground for a spoil, will be interested to see what happens with him from here.

Like Andy Mac's game.  Reminds me a lot of Toovey.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #36
Geeze, Watson moved like an Iceberg. Surely gone either this year or next.
Was so happy to see two key forwards in Hendo and Rowe dominating our forward line again. Its been a while.
Jamo started the year off so well. Don't know what's happened. He's lucky Reiwoldt didn't bring his kicking boots.
Yazz has all the talent in the world, but is so very lazy. No wonder he drives Mick mad!
McInnes is goingto be a little ripper!
Kreuzer needs to grow a pair! Plays too nice, and really should be better then he is right now.
We didn't miss Robbo. Don't see why he should come back into the side to be honest.
Garlett was the invisible man again.
We still turn the ball over too often
Armfield is another guy who is badly out of form
Judd still plays like he's the Captain. Lifted when we needed him the most.
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board!
The Tiprat is a total c*nt! Cant believe the big deal they were making about him being booed. Hello BT and Darc, we ve been booing him for 10 bloody years!!!

Reply #37
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board!

Should he do a Collo and come out and say they are shizen? Even if he did believe that, what good could it possibly achieve?

Reply #38
Geeze, Watson moved like an Iceberg. Surely gone either this year or next.
Was so happy to see two key forwards in Hendo and Rowe dominating our forward line again. Its been a while.
Jamo started the year off so well. Don't know what's happened. He's lucky Reiwoldt didn't bring his kicking boots.
Yazz has all the talent in the world, but is so very lazy. No wonder he drives Mick mad!
McInnes is goingto be a little ripper!
Kreuzer needs to grow a pair! Plays too nice, and really should be better then he is right now.
We didn't miss Robbo. Don't see why he should come back into the side to be honest.
Garlett was the invisible man again.
We still turn the ball over too often
Armfield is another guy who is badly out of form
Judd still plays like he's the Captain. Lifted when we needed him the most.
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board! The Tiprat is a total c*nt! Cant believe the big deal they were making about him being booed. Hello BT and Darc, we ve been booing him for 10 bloody years!!!

Watson has some great disposal skills (how about the torp ??) but you are right about his pace, he doesn't read it well enough to cut corners & gets himself out of position too often, sad really, but he will not be around for the long-term.

Yarran & his laziness .... !! Its the thing that irks the bejesus out of me, if he applied himself like Dangerfield does, he'd win a Brownlow but I have serious doubts whether he will ever get out of this second gear he just idles around the ground in, he too won't be in for the long haul.

As for Sticks ................ no seriously, did he really ?? Major face-palm & total embarrassment if that is the case.    

Reply #39
Agree with Brother Elwood about McInness, he has quietly found his way back in the team and at 191cmhe does look after that third-marking tall.

Still not back to his full fitness or playing capacity after being out for so long but he is an integral part of our defensive unit.  

since when have you been so positive?

Reply #40

Should he do a Collo and come out and say they are shizen? Even if he did believe that, what good could it possibly achieve?

Sticks need to keep on being a figurehead and leave any thinking to others more capable...rather Malthouse comment on the list and recruiting issues.

Reply #41

He likes the Karma points it gets him  :P

Reply #43

I've got a new therapist who has really turned me a round.   :P

Reply #44

He shouldn't comment at all.
BT and Darcy mocked his comments after they were reported, so ridiculous are they.