Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 39108 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #75
Carrots, your speak in absolutes, and this is why your having issues understanding me in this regards.

Being deficient is not the same of being void of talent.  Fev was deficient and was one the most talented forwards in the league.  The players are not "no good" they are simply not good enough to win a premiership.

As for protecting Mick, Im simply providing my opinion on recent happenings.  A coach needs to develope players.  Period.  This isnt even about protecting a coach, its a concept I agree with.  Players earn a game, by working hard and playing to insruction regardless of talent level and what their name is.  Case in point, Sam Rowe, Simon White.  Clearly less talented as defenders than Laidler and Watson, but both of them getting a game based on application.  Its a good method of choosing a team.

Thats my opinion.  If you dont like it, skip over it and dont read it as its likely to be opposed to your opinion.  Some will agree, some will not. Agree to disagree and move on.  Going into attack dog mode achieves nothing.  Have you watched any VFL games of ours this season?

@EB1, I think Cachia could have weaponry if required but one of his best assets is getting clearances, whilst stopping an opposition mid.  Sure, I dont expect to see him hurting teams with outside run, but thats okay because we struggled with the clearance side of the game on Saturday.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
@Thry

All I understand is that you tend to run with whatever sounds good at the time, regardless of contradiction, so when you say one thing and I think, 'hang on, didn't he say the opposite a few weeks back' I'm always going to call you out on it, as I'm sure you would do me, especially when it's in reply to my post.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
I have decided that I want nothing more in this world than to win the next 2 games. I will give up my left nut for them. What are the boys prepared to do?

I still need my nuts.  

Reply #78
I have decided that I want nothing more in this world than to win the next 2 games. I will give up my left nut for them. What are the boys prepared to do?

I still need my nuts.

I'll go the right nut then if there's no takers!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #79

I still need my nuts.

I'll go the right nut then if there's no takers!!!

Back in the old days of the Squirrel Gripper many did lose one playing against Hawthorn!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Hi Guys
I heard on SEN that Judd is not playing at all this week .Can anybody else clarify this .Starting to get worried  about his fitness .
 >:(

Reply #81
Superfooty reporting Judd will DEFINITELY play VFL.

Reply #82
Armfield and Walker in.

Buckley omitted. Ellard out injured.

Probably means Juddy will have a run  at PP on Saturday.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83
Hmmm....Buckley omitted? I thought he wasn't fit last week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
Happy to see Armi back, would have liked SOJ to continue his development in the side..No comments from me relating to the game until after the game concludes. Each time I comment we loose, so that's it from me.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #85
Happy to see Armi back, would have liked SOJ to continue his development in the side..No comments from me relating to the game until after the game concludes. Each time I comment we loose, so that's it from me.
Nothing you can say or do will change the outcome of this game. Geelong will teach Carlton what a good side does to one that is crapola. After a 110pt drubbing from Sydney, there is not a better side for Geelong to come up against. Unfortunately, going by past experience, our boys will probably take weeks (in this case 2 heavy losses) to fire up after the loss to last placed Brisbane.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #86
 :-X
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #87
Nothing you can say or do will change the outcome of this game. Geelong will teach Carlton what a good side does to one that is crapola. After a 110pt drubbing from Sydney, there is not a better side for Geelong to come up against. Unfortunately, going by past experience, our boys will probably take weeks (in this case 2 heavy losses) to fire up after the loss to last placed Brisbane.
Yep, counting the weeks to GWS fir another inspiring win.......d'oh
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #88
Blues 60+ ;)
Judd ....done :(

Reply #89
Brock McLean was on triple m yesterday and was asked about Judd and said he'll be playing VFL. He kinda tried to backtrack a bit when questioned on it, but it seemed like it was already a done deal.

FYI, Judds first game since being drafted was in the WAFL for the eagles. He apparantly had 30 touches and kicked 5 goals. That was the last time he played in the lower league. Everytime since then if he is fit, he plays AFL.

This must be a sure sign to Juddy that his career is coming to an end. His first ever VFL match.