Skip to main content
Topic: Nelson Mandela Passes (Read 3935 times) previous topic - next topic

Nelson Mandela Passes

:'(
One of the most iconic figures in political history. Leaves a huge legacy. RIP.

Thoughts.

Re: Nelson Mandela Passes

Reply #1
Giant. All class. Pure courage. Stood strong and tall for the most important values confronting humanity.

R.I.P. great man, great spirit.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
He was a legend and has done more for mankind than millions have before him. He will always be remembered and respected by almost all. The shame was him being so sick for such a long time. I think he got sick way back when he was still in prison. I wish his family the best and hope others can follow in his footsteps. R.I.P
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
The world is poorer tonight, RIP Great Man.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
It's all been said before and I'm not going to attempt an original tribute.

I think the best story today was Malcolm Fraser talking about his first meeting with Nelson Mandela when the latter was still incarcerated.  Mandela's first words to Fraser were, "Mr Fraser, tell me, is Don Bradman still alive?"

Anyone who can maintain an interest in cricket and the health of the Don after three decades in a political prison must have tremendous resilience!

RIP Madiba - the world is a better place for your wisdom and compassion.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Went out to Robben Island a few years back, a very sobering place...... our 'guide' on the day was a former prisoner who had spent a lazy 17 years in that hell hole....

God only knows what those (white) people were thinking back then....? Staggering.

RIP Nelson Mandela.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Flags flew at half mast around the world today (US/UK and many others)... but not Australia. Someone made the decision to NOT fly our flag at parliament house at half mast.  :-X :-[ :-X
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Really good bloke, sad day around the world really.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #8
Flags flew at half mast around the world today (US/UK and many others)... but not Australia. Someone made the decision to NOT fly our flag at parliament house at half mast.  :-X :-[ :-X

Definitely not Malcolm Fraser.