Skip to main content
Topic: Pelchen's permutations and prognostications (Read 8746 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pelchen's permutations and prognostications

Reply #45
This was taken way out of context. He was responding to a question by a hack that his 2018 had been a disaster, and he was just saying it wasn't that bad, better than his previous few seasons, no malice at all, just a beat up by the hacks

Reply #46
Wasn’t sure where to put this but I’m told Gibbs said on MMM radio this afternoon when quizzed that crows had a disappointing 2018 he replied with ‘yes it was only 12 wins but 10 more then I would have had if I was still at Carlton’

Hope that comment is used to fire up the boys
when we play the pr1ck this year.
Them's are fighting words Bryce. Game on bitch!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
I'd move Sydney and Tigers to "remain the same". Franklin, Reiwoldt and Lynch will all benefit from the new rules and that will keep them up there.

Saints will slide, IMO. Richo's tenure looks very shaky and Geary's recent comments make it even worse, suggesting there's a lack of connection between the players and the coach. Ratts in the background too. I just think they're too unstable to go anywhere but down and the Hannebury thing is a mistake.

The Hawks are the most vulnerable for me.

With Mitchell gone they are in a position before the season starts that one more significant injury could be the last step off the cliff. 36 year old Burgoyne? Really? Coming off his worst season since 2005.

Tom Scully with a car crash ankle? Trading out their one good youngster plus a 1st rounder for Wingard?

A lot hanging off O'Meara's few remaining fibres in that knee.

Smells of complete desperation.

Those are the sort of moves a club makes when a senior coach is more powerful than the list manager. I bet Clarko won't be putting his hand up to take the blame if and when it all goes t!ts up.

Reply #48
The rule changes are going to almost change which players are the games superstars, so who is important is hard to determine at this stage.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
Sorry,  but hindsight analysis is utter crap.... And I don't rate his current predictions let alone him trawling through the past.

Agree entirely.....to quote the great Mick Thomas.....

"Pity you can't put a bet on at the finish of a race"....Mondays Experts - Weddings Parties Anything - 1993

But gee, the media love it don't they ?  Most of them wouldn't have a job if they couldn't piffle on about what "shoulda/coodabeen"

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #50
Pffftt that bloody sheep dog new exactly what he was saying - Hope the boys remind him of it later in the year!

Reply #51
This was taken way out of context. He was responding to a question by a hack that his 2018 had been a disaster, and he was just saying it wasn't that bad, better than his previous few seasons, no malice at all, just a beat up by the hacks

You can take comments like that however you like, which is why you have to be careful answering questions knowing they will distort the answer.

We could also say that "Gibb's move to the Crows dragged them down!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
As much as I've always liked Bryce as a player, it kinda sums him up.  Near enough is good enough it seems to me...

Reply #53
As much as I've always liked Bryce as a player, it kinda sums him up.  Near enough is good enough it seems to me...

Agreed. Happy with 12 wins despite being flag favourites at the start of the year.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!