Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43504 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #90
I disagree, his main job is as a fwd, his secondary job is to relieve in the ruck.

Again, carrots claimed that he had "a cracking preseason" I asked how many goals he kicked in his "cracking preseason" seeing as the coach said that he wasn't picked originally because he wasn't contributing on the scoreboard... So it would seem that the coaches expect him to score...

We pick 2 blokes to ruck, his primary job is to ruck. He doesn't get picked at FF and to pinch hit in the ruck like he once did. If we did then that'd be different. Jones and Henderson we pick to kick goals. It's not that hard to understand. He rucks and takes marks around the ground. That's his job and he's doing it ok. Since when does anyone but us pick a ruck to kick goals then drop him when he doesn't, even if he got 25 touches and 12 marks the previous two weeks. We pick ruckmen to ruck.

Reply #91
Mate, do you have his % for time spent fwd/ruck this year ?
If you can find them we may as well look at last year too...

Other than that I've seen him relieve in the ruck...
Again I agree that hendo and jones need to do more...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #92
NB is right. MM said that Meat hadn't been selected in the early games as his pre season game form was low.

Interesting. Which of our forwards' preseason form was high?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93
It's all about numbers, time trials, weights, testing, aerobic capacity, recovery, etc., etc., Nothing to do with football!

Thank you!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #94
Mate, do you have his % for time spent fwd/ruck this year ?
If you can find them we may as well look at last year too...

Other than that I've seen him relieve in the ruck...
Again I agree that hendo and jones need to do more...

No, but I see plenty of marks around the ground so I'm thinking it's alot more than in the days he was a FF with the occasional ruck stint. These days he's picked as a genuine ruckman. Plays his best footy running around the ground taking marks, providing a target for defenders coming out of the defensive 50. Whether that changes when Kreuzer comes back I'm not sure. Kreuzer plays best when he's on the ball near all day.

I'd nearly rest him on the 50m line. No real problem kicking goals from out there...lol.

Reply #95
He is in fact a great target for the 'get out' kick from defensive 50m to the wing, the same kick we executed countless times to absolutely no one on Friday night.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
Interesting. Which of our forwards' preseason form was high?

Not the issue. The discussion is about Meat's preseason form and MMs comment that out of form blokes don't get a gig. Meat was out of form yet still got a gig... and it didn't take long for his lack of form to become obvious at senior level.

The other forwards' form is a separate conversation... and to suggest that Meat gets a gig because others are as out of form or worse is frightening.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #97
Not the issue. The discussion is about Meat's preseason form and MMs comment that out of form blokes don't get a gig. Meat was out of form yet still got a gig... and it didn't take long for his lack of form to become obvious at senior level.

The other forwards' form is a separate conversation... and to suggest that Meat gets a gig because others are as out of form or worse is frightening.

He then corrected himself and said lack of goalkicking form. Mick must want a ruckman who kicks 40-50 goals a year...lol. Given his form in the ruck has been ok then he shouldn't have been dropped. That's where he should be judged.

Reply #98
He then corrected himself and said lack of goalkicking form. Mick must want a ruckman who kicks 40-50 goals a year...lol. Given his form in the ruck has been ok then he shouldn't have been dropped. That's where he should be judged.

So says you Jim... Geez
Everyone else thinks he's a fwd/ruck... You seem to think he's the first ruck... If that's the case what's wood doing in the team ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #99

He didn't play in round 1 did he? The others' form is relevant if he was no worse then it's unreasonable IMO and Cas had proven himself to have talent and had smashed the preseason. Now he's just another player that is underperforming end bereft of confidence.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #100
He didn't play in round 1 did he? The others' form is relevant if he was no worse then it's unreasonable IMO and Cas had proven himself to have talent and had smashed the preseason. Now he's just another player that is underperforming end bereft of confidence.

Carrots... You keep repeating this shiite.

Tell us how many goals he kicked in his blistering preseason, please.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #101

So says you Jim... Geez
Everyone else thinks he's a fwd/ruck... You seem to think he's the first ruck... If that's the case what's wood doing in the team ?

Doesn't matter what people think reality is this is what he is. What do we do, drop him for his lack of goalkicking and bring in another who can't take a mark or kick a goal. How much of a winner was that?

What part of Henderson and Jones as key forwards don't you understand. When we have to two KP forwards Casboult's position is one of the two ruckmen. He's not there to necessarily boot any more goals than any other ruckman. His job in that case is to ruck and take some marks around the ground. Is he doing that? Yes. Yet he gets dropped for goalkicking while taking more marks than our other two rucks put together. You don't see the folly in that????

If he was selected at FF to occasionally pinch hit in the ruck, then his job would be to boot a few goals but we have two blokes we've picked to do that job. Your main job is one or the other. Then the second part becomes a bonus. You think he's a genius and will kick 40 goals while spending half his time in the ruck? He is in form rucking and marking.

Reply #102
Carrots... You keep repeating this shiite.

Tell us how many goals he kicked in his blistering preseason, please.

Don't care when you're played as a ruckman.

Reply #103
Casboult>>>>>>>Warnock..its that simple...

Reply #104
Casboult>>>>>>>Warnock..its that simple...

Lets see if Mick thinks the same as you do. Something tells me he won't do it.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.