Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 59212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #165
"Stick it in"

Excellent, I like that "Stick it in Em" meme.

We could go the exact opposite, "The Pull Out Breakfast Bar!", sort of gets to the point of both issues!

How about "Liar Liar Peds on Fire!"

or "Stuck in a Hard Place!"

perhaps "Morning Regret!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
Liar Liar Peds on Fire - luv it!

Reply #167
Darling Nikki
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #168
I was staying away from show names or anything titled about or along the lines of,

"In the Nik of Time!"
"Nikking in and out!"
"Early Morning Cut Lunches and Lawn Mowing!"
"The Breakfast Shot!"
"Knock Knock At the Back Door!"
"The Wake Up Call!"
"Are you Asleep or What?"
"Rise and Shine On!"
"Your Daily Vitamin and Mineral Supplements Show!"
"The Supplements Hour!"
"Breaky Performance Boosters!"
"Take the Blue Pill!"
"It's Good for Your Health!"
"Get One in Early!"
"Massaging the Strewth!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #169
SEN ratings have plummeted since the return of Lyon and Watson, dropped almost 30% I believe.

It's hard to understand that the AFL media can be as ignorant and arrogant as the AFL and CheatsFC. They delivered a show using two blokes, one who to broke the golden rule and the other a defender of CheatsFC.

Did they really think 17/18ths of the AFL supporter base was just going to forgive them, maybe they employ a few too many apologists?

Surely they didn't think having CheatsFC supporters would be enough to sustain the show.

Don't they understand that they are a minority, and that most people are not OK with what either of them have been up to and involved in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170
I suspect that the drop in ratings reflects the fact that it is very poor radio; Watson is passable as a third banana, Lyon relies on sight gags and McLachlan is tedious ...

I really don't understand the "golden rule" stuff.  Nicky is not Billy's property.  She is a free agent and is entitled to have a relationship with any other free agent.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #171
I suspect that the drop in ratings reflects the fact that it is very poor radio; Watson is passable as a third banana, Lyon relies on sight gags and McLachlan is tedious ...

I really don't understand the "golden rule" stuff.  Nicky is not Billy's property.  She is a free agent and is entitled to have a relationship with any other free agent.

Not hard to understand. She can do as she pleases but a mate doesn't hook up with your ex wife.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #172
the ratings plummet might have more to do with the time of year than anything else.

The real stuff worth commenting on doesnt start for a week or so, and since the trade/draft/free agency period ended there has been very little going on that they actually talk about.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #173
Not hard to understand. She can do as she pleases but a mate doesn't hook up with your ex wife.

The betrayal is equal whether it's a mate or a stranger IMO. You can't consciously decide to develop feelings for this or that person -  these feelings just creep up on you.

The real issue is the hiding - if they came out and were up front about it to begin with, the situation might not have deteriorated to that extent.

No doubt it's very messy, but that's adult life sometimes.

Reply #174

I really can't see a problem provided everyone is open and up front about it ... and I understand that wasn't the case in this scenario.  However, given the passage of time and the fact that Lyon and Nicky value their relationship more than that with Billy, move on.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #175
The real issue is the hiding - if they came out and were up front about it to begin with, the situation might not have deteriorated to that extent.

Bingo, that's the crotch of the Lyon / Brownless matter! :D

Whether Billy approved or disapproved, the correct thing for Lyon and Nicky to do was tell him about it. They are all adults, but they behaved like school children.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
Bingo, that's the crotch of the Lyon / Brownless matter! :D

Whether Billy approved or disapproved, the correct thing for Lyon and Nicky to do was tell him about it. They are all adults, but they behaved like school children.

Freudian slip there LP  ;)

You're right though, they should have been open and up front.  While I imagine that Lyon was reluctant to tell Billy that he had feelings for Nicky, a real mate would have done so before the relationship progressed.

Reply #177
Freudian slip there LP  ;)

You're right though, they should have been open and up front.  While I imagine that Lyon was reluctant to tell Billy that he had feelings for Nicky, a real mate would have done so before the relationship progressed.

There was no slip involved! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #178
There was no slip involved! :D

You're a wicked man ... as one of my former staff members used to say  :))

Reply #179
You're a wicked man ... as one of my former staff members used to say  :))

Boom boom.

I may have used crotch but you used staff and member, and you call me wicked!
The Force Awakens!