Skip to main content
Topic: Stosur vs Sheik 2015 (Read 34820 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stosur vs Sheik 2015

Reply #120
Yes I'm confused by Stosur, always have been.

A huge wasted talent or just a very hard worker who was lucky to be there, it's a coin toss!

But when she was there I barracked for her, I'm sure I cannot say the same about Tomic!

Tomic is like the embarrassing uncle that nobody wants at the party, but everybody feels compelled to invite, and he never declines!

Stosur is like the Aunt who has ben trying and failing to win the CWA Baking Contest for 30 years, there is always a reason, the eggs weren't fresh, the lemons didn't ripen, the water was too hard, nobody has the heart to tell her she can't cook!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #121

Stosur is like the Aunt who has ben trying and failing to win the CWA Baking Contest for 30 years, there is always a reason, the eggs weren't fresh, the lemons didn't ripen, the water was too hard, nobody has the heart to tell her she can't cook!

Still managed to win a US Open against Serena and a hostile crowd.  That's at least one decent cake.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #122
I'm not sure that she is a 'natural' tennis player.  She seems to lack instinct and when it doesn't go right, it goes horribly wrong, and she can't arrest it.

I like Stosur and will always wish her the best.

What I don't understand is patriotism at the tennis.  Tennis is an individual sport and not played 'for the country'.  I couldn't give a stuff where a player comes from - if I like them, I'll support them.  If I don't, I won't.

I really like watching Kyrgios play, tantrums and all, because he plays ridiculously good tennis when he is on.  A bit like Maxwell for cricket, Fev in footy - great when they're going, embarrassing when they are not.

Reply #123
I really like watching Kyrgios play, tantrums and all, because he plays ridiculously good tennis when he is on.  A bit like Maxwell for cricket, Fev in footy - great when they're going, embarrassing when they are not.
Yep, this pretty much sums up my feelings about the same, some of the villains play the best games when they are "on"!

What I hate is Tomic telling us how good he is, how he doesn't give a stuff, and why it doesn't matter and how he doesn't need the money, 5 minutes after he's had his coat, hat and his battered and bruised ar5e handed back to him by a $1 scrub!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124
You guys are over analysing.  Shes a clay courter.  She has a strong stroke, but not great technique.  She can generate force and power off slow balls which makes her a success on clay, and it nullifies her opponents ability to hit the ball better than her.

Add some top and back spin on things, on a hard court where her opposition can generate pace, and thats all she wrote.

Meanwhile, she is also a bit fragile mentally for it.  Confidence is 3/4 of this.  She knows shes technically deficient on hard courts and responds accordingly.  End result, out in straight sets at the Aussie open every year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #125
Stosur
Singles Record
1 Grand Slam Title
1 Runners Up
3 Semi Finals

Doubles Record
3 Grand Slam Titles
5 Runners Up
7 Semi Finals

A player who had deficiencies but got the most out of her ability.
Plenty would be jealous of that record...........and her $30,000,000 in prize money!!!