Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436423 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2010
Thanks,  LP

Reply #2011
Thankfully, for an aggressively infectious, highly transmissible mutation this 'quarantine absconding' UK virus doesn't seem to be performing to its dreaded expectations.

It probably needs a few more days in Victoria, but so far, in the places it's escaped from, it doesn't seem to have impacted beyond the initial transmission.

My bullcrap meter is going off the charts with this pandemic.

My gut tells me either these recent cases were false positives or the virus isn't all its cracked up to be.

Why you ask?  Simple.  Someone who gets sick with a virus that is both dangerous and highly infectious doesn't even infect the people who's house he shares.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then....

Thats not take anything away from covid or its threat but I just have real problems with this whole thing. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2012
My bullcrap meter is going off the charts with this pandemic.

My gut tells me either these recent cases were false positives or the virus isn't all its cracked up to be.
Believing the virus is somehow benign because of the consequences of vigilance and swift action seems to be the exact wrong conclusion!

It's a deadly attitude to take into the public arena.

Thryleon, you've already publicly stated the precautions you take yourself having moved through quarantined areas, and you've not had COVID-19 which I presume given you work in health is confirmed by regular testing. You've also confirmed that not everyone you work with is so lucky, were they slack in their diligence?

Hopefully you don't get it, but if you do given your employment you are probably in a privileged position to be detected and treated early! The problem isn't the people who get detected early, or get symptoms and get tested early, the problem will be people who get infected, get symptoms and do nothing about it, typically the incapacitated or the dangerous deniers!

Why are the quarantine workers and their close associates different from yourself? I seriously suspect there are no longer any uniformed individuals in these positions.

What do the associates do for a living, are they aware of their housemate's employment?

How has the infected worker been trained regarding quarantine hygiene?

Perhaps they are just lucky, perhaps he is diligent at maintaining good hygiene, we hear the media reporting he is a model employee in this regard, maybe he used masks and anti-viral hand wash diligently, or perhaps they are just lucky and it's so far so good. Time will tell I suppose, but of course those close contacts are front of the line for detection and treatment now, and that is the real point of the story, the correct order of assessing events!

It's obviously not like a computer virus or a Harry Potter spell, you don't just get it with a click of a button or wave of a wand! Infections take time, disease and death follow infection building over time, weeks and months must pass before confidence can grow!

I've an associate in the UK who commutes daily past what was previously a moderately sized farming lot but is now been converted into a tented compound, a compound full of body bags pending burial, the morticians can't keep pace, he begs to differ about the benign nature of COVID-19. Can you give me a comparative virus that affects our type of city in that typical and very public way?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2013
Why did we allow 1000 tennis players and their entourage from numerous covid infested countries from all over the world to come here?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2014
Misplaced prestige and money

Reply #2015
Believing the virus is somehow benign because of the consequences of vigilance and swift action seems to be the exact wrong conclusion!

It's a deadly attitude to take into the public arena.

Thryleon, you've already publicly stated the precautions you take yourself having moved through quarantined areas, and you've not had COVID-19 which I presume given you work in health is confirmed by regular testing. You've also confirmed that not everyone you work with is so lucky, were they slack in their diligence?

Hopefully you don't get it, but if you do given your employment you are probably in a privileged position to be detected and treated early! The problem isn't the people who get detected early, or get symptoms and get tested early, the problem will be people who get infected, get symptoms and do nothing about it, typically the incapacitated or the dangerous deniers!

Why are the quarantine workers and their close associates different from yourself? I seriously suspect there are no longer any uniformed individuals in these positions.

What do the associates do for a living, are they aware of their housemate's employment?

How has the infected worker been trained regarding quarantine hygiene?

Perhaps they are just lucky, perhaps he is diligent at maintaining good hygiene, we hear the media reporting he is a model employee in this regard, maybe he used masks and anti-viral hand wash diligently, or perhaps they are just lucky and it's so far so good. Time will tell I suppose, but of course those close contacts are front of the line for detection and treatment now, and that is the real point of the story, the correct order of assessing events!

It's obviously not like a computer virus or a Harry Potter spell, you don't just get it with a click of a button or wave of a wand! Infections take time, disease and death follow infection building over time, weeks and months must pass before confidence can grow!

I've an associate in the UK who commutes daily past what was previously a moderately sized farming lot but is now been converted into a tented compound, a compound full of body bags pending burial, the morticians can't keep pace, he begs to differ about the benign nature of COVID-19. Can you give me a comparative virus that affects our type of city in that typical and very public way?

Paraphrasing will get you nowhere.

Neither will anecdotal evidence.

My post isn't aimed at making out covid is benign.  If the guard was so diligent at his processes he wouldn't have gotten infected in the first place, and once he did, its reasonable he would have spread it at least somewhere else.

Thats where this falls over.

You can try and change my argument to make it easier to attack but in this regards you've made a mistake.  You have stated you want evidence, then quote some anecdotal so and so told me from London its full of body bags.  Who cares?  They have a different poem over there and my anecdotal evidence from my brother is quite contrary to what you've stated.  Neither disproves the other and neither is relevant to the price of fish and our recent security guard.

Sometimes you should realise that acknowledging this possibility does nothing to belittle covid nor the pandemic but obviously this point is lost on you.

Too busy trying to be right.  Its a position thats hard to stay in 100% of the time.

I could be 100% wrong but I've raised some very valid criticisms and not one person can say to me that the criticisms are invalidated by so and so.

In fact only if he's a false positive would he have failed to transmit it, and if that's the case the recent threat will be gone in 48 hours.

Paul Hewson

Reply #2016

If the guard was so diligent at his processes he wouldn't have gotten infected in the first place, and once he did, its reasonable he would have spread it at least somewhere else.

Not according to learned epidemiologists. 

The latest explanations are that the virus is capable of airborne transmission, hence the new measure of blocks of vacant rooms in the quarantine hotels.  There's also no reason why the guard may not have been infectious prior to his symptoms and isolation.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2017
Why did we allow 1000 tennis players and their entourage from numerous covid infested countries from all over the world to come here?
Money,  risk vs reward...thats why we cancelled the cricket tour to money poor South Africa but were happy to host the Indians.
Dan wants a bit each way these days and doesnt want the Aus Open Tennis picked up by NSW or Qld.

Reply #2018
Bloody  disgraceful decision.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2019
Money,  risk vs reward...thats why we cancelled the cricket tour to money poor South Africa but were happy to host the Indians.
Dan wants a bit each way these days and doesnt want the Aus Open Tennis picked up by NSW or Qld.
If there is another serious outbreak because of the AO, he is history.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2020
Not according to learned epidemiologists. 

The latest explanations are that the virus is capable of airborne transmission, hence the new measure of blocks of vacant rooms in the quarantine hotels.  There's also no reason why the guard may not have been infectious prior to his symptoms and isolation.

Yet still spread it to no one else even those he lives with?

Do you guys not understand how ridiculous this sounds even if it is plausible?

Paul Hewson

Reply #2021
My post isn't aimed at making out covid is benign. If the guard was so diligent at his processes he wouldn't have gotten infected in the first place, and once he did, its reasonable he would have spread it at least somewhere else.
So by extension, you are confirming your work associates in the health sector who suffered COVID weren't diligent, and you do think your good fortune to date is due to your own diligence and nothing to do with good luck.

But you stated your preferred solution was to lockdown for 2 years and not accept the vaccine. If your trained associates working in the health sector are not diligent enough to make it through 1 year, what hope the rest over 2 or more years?

https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=4922.msg323009#msg323009
Quote from: Thry
Why dont we simply keep our country COVID free for 2 years, and then get some meaningful data about what a covid vaccine means for the nations that have vaccinated, rather than become a guinea pig like the rest?
This didn't help NZ, and it was community transmitted virus free!

"The UK" or "South African" strain of SARS-CoV-2 is just a mutation that can occur anytime in any location, it doesn't need to come here at all on visitors or returning citizens, because SARS-CoV-2 is already here. It's a misnomer to think you can stop it by closing the borders, in a community where SARS-CoV-2 is becoming endemic in the absence of action like a vaccine it's just a matter of time! ;)

I doubt anybody would think the body bags in London, or anywhere for that matter, is anecdotal evidence! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2022
If there is another serious outbreak because of the AO, he is history.
Looking like he might have got lucky with the latest outbreak and no new cases despite all the contact
that was assumed. Dan has gone from lockdown to political mode and is looking to avoid lockdowns
to win some votes. Like others I would have passed on the Tennis if I was Dan given the worldwide exposure Tennis players
and their entourage's have. Australia doesnt need to rely on vaccines if you dont let anyone in especially slack arse spoilt brat tennis players who think they are special and dont need to follow rules.

Reply #2023
Yet still spread it to no one else even those he lives with?

Do you guys not understand how ridiculous this sounds even if it is plausible?
I've already addressed this in my earlier post, you assert he wasn't diligent but it's completely feasible the worker is diligent and that his good practises have stopped further transmission, and your claim is contradictory to the health officials who report the worker was in fact very diligent, a model employee, but because it doesn't suit your vaccine politics you assert he wasn't diligent because he caught it, that is a contradiction and logical absurdity.

Don't slight the worker to push your cause, boost your cause with evidence, will you ever present some?

Sorry Thry, but from the outside it looks to me like the less evidence there is for a conspiracy, the better you think the conspiracy is!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2024
FWIW, to date 47M people have been vaccinated, and in countries where the vaccination has proceeded at full speed like Israel, where they have vaccinated almost 50% of the population, already the infection and death rate is plummeting relative to the rest of the world.

That is some mighty evidence right there, and no over the top social media claims of deadly side-effects or allergic reactions, and no need for FB anarchists or Instagram tans!
The Force Awakens!