Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel (Read 15562 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel

Sorry, guys, I appear to have made a serious error. I don't know where I got that from, but I do apologize.
We play Fremantle On Easter Sunday after a long break.
It is a break we need, as we need to make some on-field changes. It would be nice if some of our injury concerns would be fixed by then, but I cannot see it happening.

One things in our favour is that Freo don't tend to travel well. A second things is that they also have injuries at the moment.
For all that, I could not call us favourites. Not after the last 2 performances. We are not getting the ball out of the middle enough. Until we do, we will not win many games.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Western Buldogs

Reply #1
Dockers next week at marvel!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel

Reply #2
Out Casboult Williamson Setterfield (Murphy Dow, Newnes on notice)
In McDonald Stocker Cottrel
Need to add some Kent and workers into the team.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Dockers next week at marvel!
0-3
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #4
Out Casboult Williamson Setterfield (Murphy Dow, Newnes on notice)
In McDonald Stocker Cottrel
Need to add some Kent and workers into the team.
Gotta get Eddie back into the team.

He energises a bunch that seems to be lacking in self motivation.

Reply #5
Gotta get Eddie back into the team.

He energises a bunch that seems to be lacking in self motivation.

I’m sorry, Eddie is well and truly cooked barring a couple of joe the goose handballs for goal. Frankly, if we play 3 or more of the following group (also tempted to pop Setters in that list) we’re a very good chance to lose
- Eddie
- Murphy
- Newnes
- Curnow
- Pittonet as first ruck
- Casboult
- Liam Jones

Unfortunately for now we probably have to play 2 of Jones, Casboult and Pittonet, leaving 1 of the rest without materially increasing the risk of losing. I’m all for dropping Jones and putting Cas back, but our coaching staff lack vision and courage.

McGovern, Silvagni, Stocker, Cunningham, Cottrell & Kennedy offer good depth and hopefully we’re able and to add Honey, Carroll, Kemp, Durdin & Philp to our senior depth ASAP.

Hoping like hell that Dekoning recovers soon and Charlie C after the half way point.

Reply #6
Fremantle are injury hit, No Frontline keybacks both injured, dangerman Walters injured, their kid ruckman Meek will be playing his third game and they have one KP Forward of note in Taberner, plus we play them away from WA.
Doesnt get any easier on paper, in fact if we cant beat them by more than 5-6 goals then were are no hope of finals.
Ok they have the old crew of Nat Fyfe and Mundy and Luke Ryan usually gets a zillion intercept marks but its slim pickings looking for Freo winners IMO.
I'm more worried about Gold Coast at home than Freo at Marvel.....reckon Harry can kick 7 plus vs this mob.

Reply #7
Fremantle are injury hit, No Frontline keybacks both injured, dangerman Walters injured, their kid ruckman Meek will be playing his third game and they have one KP Forward of note in Taberner, plus we play them away from WA.
Doesnt get any easier on paper, in fact if we cant beat them by more than 5-6 goals then were are no hope of finals.
Ok they have the old crew of Nat Fyfe and Mundy and Luke Ryan usually gets a zillion intercept marks but its slim pickings looking for Freo winners IMO.
I'm more worried about Gold Coast at home than Freo at Marvel.....reckon Harry can kick 7 plus vs this mob.

From your lips to God's Ears!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
I’m sorry, Eddie is well and truly cooked barring a couple of joe the goose handballs for goal. Frankly, if we play 3 or more of the following group (also tempted to pop Setters in that list) we’re a very good chance to lose
- Eddie
- Murphy
- Newnes
- Curnow
- Pittonet as first ruck
- Casboult
- Liam Jones

Unfortunately for now we probably have to play 2 of Jones, Casboult and Pittonet, leaving 1 of the rest without materially increasing the risk of losing. I’m all for dropping Jones and putting Cas back, but our coaching staff lack vision and courage.

McGovern, Silvagni, Stocker, Cunningham, Cottrell & Kennedy offer good depth and hopefully we’re able and to add Honey, Carroll, Kemp, Durdin & Philp to our senior depth ASAP.

Hoping like hell that Dekoning recovers soon and Charlie C after the half way point.

Murphy is far more cooked than Betts.

There is no evidence to suggest Betts is cooked....kicked 2.3 in the last ressies game, they reckon he should have kicked 5.....

He was our fastest measured player in game last year.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9

We Are Carlton...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
We Are Carlton...
I smell what you are cooking but ....this is crunch week, a gimme game to kick start the season.
If we cant win this easy then we are cooked and headed to Tassie as a relocation team...joking.
Dockers are a bunch of kids minus about 3-4 older players with a rookie coach playing away from WA... it cant get any easier.

Reply #11
I smell what you are cooking but ....this is crunch week, a gimme game to kick start the season.
If we cant win this easy then we are cooked and headed to Tassie as a relocation team...joking.
Dockers are a bunch of kids minus about 3-4 older players with a rookie coach playing away from WA... it cant get any easier.
Come on EB, you should now better than that mate. Our club is the master of making easy things very hard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
If in fact that's the result EB, then let's make more changes ... 3 at least.

Reply #13
If in fact that's the result EB, then let's make more changes ... 3 at least.

Happy to make changes to kick start the season Cap....I want effort players and players who want to lead the team not sit back and
wait for others to do something.

Reply #14
Come on EB, you should now better than that mate. Our club is the master of making easy things very hard.
GTC, Then there is something wrong and we have all been sold a lie instead of hope. This is the year we are meant to be moving to the next level and I'm sick of excuses and half arsed efforts from the coaching box and playing list.
There is no excuse this week apart from lack of effort, you dont lose or just fall over the line to a team like Freo with our talent unless you are not trying or are completely incompetent in terms of coaching and leadership at all levels.