Skip to main content
Topic: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ?? (Read 17673 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

Reply #30
He can't be expected to do it all himself but he has to at least lead the way in effort and others will follow. That's what captaincy is all about. Then he will get support. If he can't do that we have to find someone else who is willing to do it.

No. You get a whole lot more leaders into the joint so everything aint left to one cat. I suspect that that is what Sticks might have been on about.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
He can't be expected to do it all himself but he has to at least lead the way in effort and others will follow. That's what captaincy is all about. Then he will get support. If he can't do that we have to find someone else who is willing to do it.

No. You get a whole lot more leaders into the joint so everything aint left to one cat. I suspect that that is what Sticks might have been on about.

Easier said than done, they don't grow on trees.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
We sit here in pain, with all the misery world. It will not change till Judd comes back. Those who said we are nothing without him made their point loud and clear by the look of things. Can him and Daisy hit their best form at the same time at this club ? Can they change what we are ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #33

Easier said than done, they don't grow on trees.

...and there you go, we are seeing the fruits of about 15 years of arrogance and ignorance and what these attitudes can do to a joint.

Reply #34
Yep, we do need a change. I don't care how, and don't care when. The problem is, no-one deserves it. Simmo is the best choice at the club ATM.

Those suggesting it will be "destabilising" if we strip Murphy of the captaincy, you're kidding yeah? How do you destabilise something that isn't at all stable? It's a farking shambles!

Reply #35

So as captain of the club and on a fair whack of coin he is excused from his duties? You lead the way and others will follow. That's what captaincy is all about. There's no two ways about it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
Might as well have no captain.   Cos every player on our list is not captain/leadership material.  

Reply #37
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
 ("No!")
 Bravely ran away away.
 ("I didn't!")
 When danger reared it's ugly head,
 He bravely turned his tail and fled.
 ("no!")
 Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
 ("I didn't!")
 And gallantly he chickened out.

****Bravely**** taking ("I never did!") to his feet,
 He beat a very brave retreat.
 ("all lies!")
 Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!
 ("I never!")

This is the kind of thing I picture Sheik saying to himself in the mirror after a big night out supporting his beloved Giants.

If only I could understand what the hell Willie was on about I may be in a better position to agree with you or not.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #38
The whole group is introverted and mentally suspect.

Even Walker acknowledged Daisy in a post match presser as a bloke who can step up and make some noise.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #39

Even Walker acknowledged Daisy in a post match presser as a bloke who can step up and make some noise.

In his very first game wearing the Navy Blue jumper, Daisy made more noise out on the field than the rest of the team combined!

Reply #40

In his very first game wearing the Navy Blue jumper, Daisy made more noise out on the field than the rest of the team combined!

The things that introverts inherently struggle with are change and confidence. Voila!

Reply #41
Yep, Murph is another who's gone backwards under the dud coach.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43
Yep, Murph is another who's gone backwards under the dud coach.

Baddd. Oh to have the Marc Murphy of 2011!

In fairness he hasn't been the same since he crashed into Dangerfield, Hodge removed any confidence he had left.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
What happened to Murphy's leg speed?

He seems to be running in treacle these days.

Used to be fast.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson