Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9 Blues v Crows (Sunday Twilight) (Read 27272 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9 Blues v Crows (Sunday Twilight)

Reply #15
Who takes Betts? Stick Yaz on him perhaps? Could beat him and run it out of defense. Only trouble is that it's probably too deep defensively for him to get decent run.

Reply #16
Who takes Betts? Stick Yaz on him perhaps? Could beat him and run it out of defense. Only trouble is that it's probably too deep defensively for him to get decent run.

SOJ
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #17

I think Betts is too much overhead for SOJ to deal with, pace and agility wise they are a good match, but I think Tuohy or 1AW might get the job and try to hurt the Crows going the other way. Adelaide would not want Betts trying to defend against Tuohy or 1AW within range of Carlton's goal.

I think Docherty might actually have played on Betts once before, but I am not sure it may have been in a pre-season match.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18

I think Betts is too much overhead for SOJ to deal with, pace and agility wise they are a good match, but I think Tuohy or 1AW might get the job and try to hurt the Crows going the other way. Adelaide would not want Betts trying to defend against Tuohy or 1AW within range of Carlton's goal.

I think Docherty might actually have played on Betts once before, but I am not sure it may have been in a pre-season match.

Touhy couldnt guard an elephant if it was trapped in a phone box....a very loose defender is Zac....agree on SOJ though...Eddie would be too smart in the air for him and I think the Yarran matchup could work with Yazz running off Eddie ....

Reply #19
Touhy couldnt guard an elephant if it was trapped in a phone box....a very loose defender is Zac....agree on SOJ though...Eddie would be too smart in the air for him and I think the Yarran matchup could work with Yazz running off Eddie ....

I don't fully agree about Tuohy, primarily because he is quite physical and Betts hasn't done well against physical opponents in the past.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Betts' best attribute was always his ability to read the flight better than other back pockets. I would go with Walker as his height and size over Betts would drown that out plus he wouldn't out do Walker in any athletic capacity either. Old Eddie was always a bit of a plodder. Not to mention the advantage of running off him.

If Waite and Carrots actually play this time we would have to be a chance, and would be great for the team morale.

Reply #21
They said on the news tonight that Yazz was a noticeable absentee from training tonight..  :-\

And the pr1cks didnt say why.

Reply #23
Old Eddie was always a bit of a plodder

Can't really remember anyone calling him a plodder when he was playing with us.

I thought he meant Eddie Maguire or maybe Eddie Hemmings!!

Couldn't be Eddie Betts, he patented running down opposition backman trying to get away.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #24
Hmmm not sure I agree JCVD, Walker is awful body on body and Eddie knows that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
Hmmm not sure I agree JCVD, Walker is awful body on body and Eddie knows that.

Yes I know what you mean just not sure if there is a better match up.

Re the plodder comment, I probably went a little too far but I never really thought of Eddie as that quick more agile and elusive with burst speed.

Reply #26
They said on the news tonight that Yazz was a noticeable absentee from training tonight..  :-\

And the pr1cks didnt say why.

Heard that and hoping it is only precautionary, he is tearing it up right now and we need him out there badly!

Reply #27
Changed my mind.

Reckon we are a chance now. Not sure why, it's just the vibe.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................