Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9 Blues v Crows (Sunday Twilight) (Read 27265 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9 Blues v Crows (Sunday Twilight)

Reply #30
Josh Jenkins will be on display, interested to see how he goes against us.

Last year I think we should have set up a deal to re-signed Betts and then traded him to Adelaide for Jenkins, assuming that is possible, it may have been a cheap way to get hold of a significant KPF prospect.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Josh Jenkins will be on display, interested to see how he goes against us.

Last year I think we should have set up a deal to re-signed Betts and then traded him to Adelaide for Jenkins, assuming that is possible, it may have been a cheap way to get hold of a significant KPF prospect.

I dont think this would be workable LP.

Largely because there is no interest for Adelaide to do it.

They could simply pay Eddie more money to go as a free agent, and keep their asset, or say that Betts decided to sign and force this to occur, Adelaide would offer us pick number 99 or a player they were about to delist and then we end up accepting compensation we wouldnt use ALA Jordan Russell.

when it all comes down to it, I dont think we will get a key position player out of a deal like this anyway as its simply in no one's best interests to do it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32

They could simply pay Eddie more money to go as a free agent, and keep their asset, or say that Betts decided to sign and force this to occur, Adelaide would offer us pick number 99 or a player they were about to delist and then we end up accepting compensation we wouldnt use ALA Jordan Russell.

when it all comes down to it, I don't think we will get a key position player out of a deal like this anyway as its simply in no one's best interests to do it.

I think it depends what you call a KPF.

If you are talking about a Tex or Tippett then I agree, but a bloke like Jenkins is 25 been at a couple of clubs treated primarily as a back-up ruck option despite being a forward for most of his career. EFC invested in Daniher so Jenkins got chopped, Adelaide used him as a backup for Tex, Tippett and Jacobs. If not for Tex's injury he might not be getting a game, yet he would be more than a valuable tall forward option for us in light of Waite's unreliability, and he kicks bags of 3 or 4 going at nearly 60% accuracy for 1.5 goals a game! That is a Maclure type and that is what we need.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
I dont disagree he would be a boon for our forward line.

What I think wouldnt work is that trade deal.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
It's going to happen again, and when it does we scream!  ;D

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/CYHQ5VdnfsI[/flash]
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
In:  Carrazzo, Waite, Johnson, Cachia

Out: Robbo

Reply #36
Strong ins if Waite and Carrazzo play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
It's going to happen again, and when it does we scream!  ;D

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/CYHQ5VdnfsI[/flash]

Where has that (never say die) attitude being all year....?

It's why guys like Armfield, Robbo and Bell are important players even if not the most highly skilled as they have ticker and won't take a backward step.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38

when it all comes down to it, I don't think we will get a key position player out of a deal like this anyway as its simply in no one's best interests to do it.

I think it depends what you call a KPF.

If you are talking about a Tex or Tippett then I agree, but a bloke like Jenkins is 25 been at a couple of clubs treated primarily as a back-up ruck option despite being a forward for most of his career. EFC invested in Daniher so Jenkins got chopped, Adelaide used him as a backup for Tex, Tippett and Jacobs. If not for Tex's injury he might not be getting a game, yet he would be more than a valuable tall forward option for us in light of Waite's unreliability, and he kicks bags of 3 or 4 going at nearly 60% accuracy for 1.5 goals a game! That is a Maclure type and that is what we need.

Crows wont trade Jenkins and why would he want to leave after cementing a place in a team that at this stage has more chance of going places.
Reckon Ty Vickery will be on the market and he would be cheaper and may have something to prove in a Earl Spalding type of way.....

Reply #39
Who has Armfield lost his spot to this year?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Yeah recently for sure but prior to that?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44

Where has that (never say die) attitude being all year....?

It's why guys like Armfield, Robbo and Bell are important players even if not the most highly skilled as they have ticker and won't take a backward step.....
Army and Robbo  every day of the week, Bell not in the same class. His intensity is Matty Watson like at times.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time