Skip to main content
Topic: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks (Read 44670 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks

Reply #30
PII2C... watch the tape... so many slow, high, loopy kicks to contests that we invariably lost.  Dreadful from a senior player who should know better.  I counted at least 8 of them.  Plus an awful F50 at a blokes feet, plus the sloppy handball.

If you kick short you kick it hard flat and fast you don't lob it on a spot and invite a bloke to come in and kill the marking attempt.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
I didn't think Watson was awful, he's ok with ball in hand and made some decent spoils. He's like White but with a good kick and decent decision making.

He was a liability.  Good decision maker?  What about the scrubber he kicked in the first that led to a goal.  He can barely move, is always behind his man and has no awareness around him.  Luke Livingstone was only marginally worse.

It was his first game back in 3 months against the 2nd best team in the comp.

He needs to be persisted with.

Reply #32
Yes Carrots has always been able to find the ball, it is a pity his general disposal after all these years is still terrible.
But he is not alone.

It'll be interesting to see how MM wields the broom at seasons end.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #33
Subbing Watto out turned the game against us.  :P

Solid to good games from all our important players. Gibbs, Murphy, Judd, Carrots (even when the last two ran out of gas) Our forwards marking everything and Rowe on top of Roughhead, no coach and we still come up short. I wonder if we'll ever beat this side?

It was good to see clean ball handling from Judd again and I think we''re moving to a better game style for pur group after being all at sea for 18 months. We're still lazy without the ball and don't have the resolve to stop our opponents dictating terms but we're getting better.

Reply #34
Yes Carrots has always been able to find the ball, it is a pity his general disposal after all these years is still terrible.
But he is not alone.

It'll be interesting to see how MM wields the broom at seasons end.

Reply #35
There's a disturbing image.

Reply #36
Unfortunately Lance Watson served up what we've seen before... and I've seen enough.

Pity our spud of a "list manager" didn't bother to put a couple more project tall players on the rookie list because I'd be trying them next week if Jammo doesn't come up.

Reply #37
IOT: I think we''re moving to a better game style for our group after being all at sea for 18 months. We're still lazy without the ball and don't have the resolve to stop our opponents dictating terms but we're getting better.

Agreed.... we put zero pressure on the ball carrier and the ball leaves our forward half far too easily.

Reply #38
Quote from: BigJack link=topic=1250.msg61435#msg61435 date=1402663981 Carrazzo and Murphy their use of the ball tonight was terrible.   [/quote

Really? 1 and 2 clangers respectively. Carrots 81.3% disp eft, Murph 75%. Hardly terrible.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
It is a shame Lachie and Jamo aren't in form and playing as I reckon it would have been the difference.

With that said, I don't know why we are losing games?

Reply #40
From a superior teacher (Dawks), tonight we learned about ourselves...

Cattle - ordinary but with some excellence (Yazz) & potential (Meat?).

Ruthless & smart on-field leadership - way below average. Perhaps none. No-one stands up. No authority on the field - none.

But very concerning - we have poor depth. Dawks are down on personnel, as are we, but the kids they bring in know what to do. Why? Because they were recruited for such understanding. Our recruiting has failed grandly in this respect.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Armfield
Watson
Carazzo
MacLean
Warnock

There's five right there who played tonight who have be shipped out if we are to ever improve.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #42
Subbing Watto out turned the game against us.  :P

Solid to good games from all our important players. Gibbs, Murphy, Judd, Carrots (even when the last two ran out of gas) Our forwards marking everything and Rowe on top of Roughhead, no coach and we still come up short. I wonder if we'll ever beat this side?

It was good to see clean ball handling from Judd again and I think we''re moving to a better game style for pur group after being all at sea for 18 months. We're still lazy without the ball and don't have the resolve to stop our opponents dictating terms but we're getting better.

I'm not that upset.

Is no Jamo,  Henderson, Buckley, Curnow  and a 2/3's fit Daisy, Judd, Carrots and  Docherty as bad as Lake and whoever else they had out.

If this game had been at the little dome we would have been a massive chance?.

Take out Watsons first quarter and we were good at both ends of the ground.

WE NEED MIDS A BALL CARRIERS WITH POISE.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43

I don't know why we are losing games?

Our score is less than theirs. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17