Skip to main content
Topic: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks (Read 44906 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 : Carlton drowned by the Hawks

Reply #45
We lost to a Hawthorn reserves backline.....Litherland, Spangher, Cheney.....very ordinary effort IMO given Hawthorn were at its weakest for years.

Watson...ludicrous performance down back and you can forget trading him he is delist material..
Armfield....gone.....
Brock....too slow and doesnt hurt teams enough
Warnock ...towelled up by Ceglar who is backup to the backup ruckman.....enough of this numptie who cannot do more than tap the ball...

Judd...still a great player..great contested efforts
Rowe.....you win the most improved player...
Casboult....took marks and kicked straight...pity we had to ruck you because that stiff Warnock ran out of gas after half time..

Doherty...been watchng Jeff Garlett...had the handbrake on when he should have gone for the ball...didnt enjoy the physical Hawks players...
Gibbs...not bad

Murphy...just went

Touhy..did his job on Bruest..

Carrazzo ...good on Lewis but one shocker turnover...

Walker....wanst that impressed with him

Everitt ok on Smith but the latter worked his way into the game and hurt us late....

Waite...some good, some ordinary but not too bad..

Graham...a few cheap kicks but doesnt hurt teams

Menzel...showed some class and would be a Wingard in a better team.

White..workmanlike

Simpson ...brave as usual but a no impact game

Reply #46
Mate some of you guys are hard markers I'll tell you what. Carrazzo made an awful error with that handball, late in the game, when he had nothing left in the tank and was sold into trouble by Yarran. Other than the last 10 or so minutes when he was spent he was easily one of our best. 32 touches and 5 tackles says it all.

Did you attend the game PI2C?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #47
Subbing Watto out turned the game against us.  :P

So comedy is your specialty. I love comedy. Where is your next gig?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
PII2C... watch the tape... so many slow, high, loopy kicks to contests that we invariably lost.  Dreadful from a senior player who should know better.  I counted at least 8 of them.  Plus an awful F50 at a blokes feet, plus the sloppy handball.

If you kick short you kick it hard flat and fast you don't lob it on a spot and invite a bloke to come in and kill the marking attempt.

Absolutely spot on Professer E. Though it wouldn't be picked up by those watching the game on TV, Carrazzo takes an eternity to dispose of the ball & in doing so, has rendered some good options upfield as utterly useless by the time he gets to making a decision to kick the damn thing & even then, as you correctly said, his kicks are high & loopy = totally ineffective.

I'll take Curnow over Carrazzo anyday of the week.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #50

It's at the Comedy Club. I'll be there on a Thursday night, you should come down they've been asking when you're going to come get your credibility back  ;)

Reply #51

It's at the Comedy Club. I'll be there on a Thursday night, you should come down they've been asking when you're going to come get your credibility back  ;)

I always saw you as the guy who mopped up after the bubble bath show at Kittens at Frankston?

always gets a cheer  ;D

Reply #52
i'm a Carrazzo fan and thought he was ok but that turnover will be highlighted and I would expect him to come under pressure to keep his spot on the list.
There is going to be big changes now we are gone for the season and the coach is now fighting for his long term survival...
If Mick misses the eight next season he is gone and I dont expect him to be very forgiving on players who cost him games or who he thinks are past it....

Reply #53
Watson should never play in a Carlton jumper again.
Id rather play anybody else ahead of him.
Both his AFL games this year have been pathetic!!!

Reply #54
Watson should never play in a Carlton jumper again.
Id rather play anybody else ahead of him.
Both his AFL games this year have been pathetic!!!

He was that bad it very embarrassing for the kid and his confidence looked shot...just no compousre when he got the ball and it was like a live grenade in his hands.
Bit sad seeing him play like that and I think that will be his last game for the club....

Reply #55
Should we target someone like Spangher during trade period? He's not in the Hawks best back 6 but he'd add plenty to ours...imo ;)

Reply #57
Should we target someone like Spangher during trade period? He's not in the Hawks best back 6 but he'd add plenty to ours...imo ;)

No.....Casboult had his measure in the 1st half but we needed the bolt to ruck due to Warnock's tank running dry........Spangher is ok backup material but
not as a regular senior player..as I said Spangher,Litherland and Cheney is their reserves lineup....Lake, Gibson and Stratton being their regular starters.
We should have done better vs such a weak defense....you add a kid like Duryea and its very light on for experience but still we couldnt kick enough goals.

Reply #58
PII2C... watch the tape... so many slow, high, loopy kicks to contests that we invariably lost.  Dreadful from a senior player who should know better.  I counted at least 8 of them.  Plus an awful F50 at a blokes feet, plus the sloppy handball.

If you kick short you kick it hard flat and fast you don't lob it on a spot and invite a bloke to come in and kill the marking attempt.

Absolutely spot on Professer E. Though it wouldn't be picked up by those watching the game on TV, Carrazzo takes an eternity to dispose of the ball & in doing so, has rendered some good options upfield as utterly useless by the time he gets to making a decision to kick the damn thing & even then, as you correctly said, his kicks are high & loopy = totally ineffective.

I'll take Curnow over Carrazzo anyday of the week.
But he won the Watch as BOG on 7 tonight....wtf....I hated that handball to the Hawk bloke..just killed us...has been a serial butcher at the Blues over the journey, plenty of ticker though.... :(

Reply #59
We have so many holes it's not funny... at least three big, dependable players along the spine, an effective ruckman, and at least 4 gut running mids who can dispose of the ball correctly and make good decisions.  Oh, and two quality ball distributing half backs would be handy as well. 

As other's have pointed out, the bottom end of the Hawk's list is so superior to the tail end of our list .... in reality the back end of our list is barely VFL standard let alone able to match the likes of Hawthorn.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?