Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 34486 times) previous topic - next topic

Need to Stick fat.

I was at the game tonight and was really disapointed with the crowd.  I know that fans are voting with their feet cos they have had enough.  But is this the right tie to be doing this? .

NOW is the time that we need to support the players more than ever.   Just look at the honest interviews Simmo and Dockers did.  Dockers especially was crying for the supporters to STICK FAT.

For all out bagging of Bomber supporters, they really stuck together  during the Drugs saga.  They Stck Fat.

We are fair weather supporters at best and it crapes me to death that our supporters are fickle as all f&8k.

So to the supporters out there, I plead with you to stick by the boys.  Go to the games, watch ad support.

I jnow it is hard but our team needs us more than ever

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #1
Agree....I will pay my membership and attend all games...this year and next year....and the year after....and so on.

Reply #2
No,

You guys need to do the opposite.

The club needs a crisis.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
The supporters are voting with their feet because THE PLAYERS are not putting in EFFORT.

I was at the game last week and it was ridiculous how little effort we showed.

I was asked by 2 seperate Geelong supporters to go tonight. I said no chance after what happened last week, the same will happen again tonight. It did.

Put in effort and i'll turn up. I'm a paid up member anyway, so whether i turn up or not doesn't make a difference to the bottom line anyway.

Reply #5
Tell me Essendon ever played as badly as we're playing now at the height of their drug allegation hysteria.....can't compare.

Nup - I don't blame any supporter for not sticking fat (btw - I hate that term with a passion....but anyway), the recent tackle count & pressure indicators suggest that the players certainly aren't.....I'm happy to see supporters voting with their feet, it's almost a form of peaceful protest. The way they're performing at the moment does not deserve any sort of patronage.

Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #6
I was at the game tonight and was really disapointed with the crowd.  I know that fans are voting with their feet cos they have had enough.  But is this the right tie to be doing this? .

NOW is the time that we need to support the players more than ever.   Just look at the honest interviews Simmo and Dockers did.  Dockers especially was crying for the supporters to STICK FAT.

For all out bagging of Bomber supporters, they really stuck together  during the Drugs saga.  They Stck Fat.

We are fair weather supporters at best and it crapes me to death that our supporters are fickle as all f&8k.

So to the supporters out there, I plead with you to stick by the boys.  Go to the games, watch ad support.

I jnow it is hard but our team needs us more than ever
You're right Age, but its hard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
You watch video footage of Levi in the rooms after the game tonight. He had his head buried in his hands. His eyeballs were as red as if he was smoking dope all day long. He had tears in his eyes. The man known as "meat" was crying. He knows his footy future is on the line this season. He doesn't know what to do to get out of this situation of poor form. He is a dear in headlights at the moment. It mad me feel sad as a supporter. The rest with the bye just can't come soon enough. 35 tackles today really had me worried. Sticking the fat or not is up to each individual. The players need to lift the intensity to get the crowds back. Tail doesn't wag the dog. They need to find something more than hoping the ball will fall into their lap. I do understand both sides of this argument. Sad day in footy is all I can say.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
You watch video footage of Levi in the rooms after the game tonight. He had his head buried in his hands. His eyeballs were as red as if he was smoking dope all day long. He had tears in his eyes. The man known as "meat" was crying. He knows his footy future is on the line this season. He doesn't know what to do to get out of this situation of poor form. He is a dear in headlights at the moment. It mad me feel sad as a supporter. The rest with the bye just can't come soon enough. 35 tackles today really had me worried. Sticking the fat or not is up to each individual. The players need to lift the intensity to get the crowds back. Tail doesn't wag the dog. They need to find something more than hoping the ball will fall into their lap. I do understand both sides of this argument. Sad day in footy is all I can say.
Cam Wood also looked like he had tears in his eyes, Ed Curnow was heart broken and looked close to tears also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
Totally understand the sentiments of this thread.
Wish it were possible.
The big problem is we don't have a 'common' sense of 'why' we are where we are... and the 'solutions' to the problems.
It's very hard to achieve unity under those circumstances

A lot of folk have stayed strong and true during a very low period in our club's history.
We maintained attendances and in fact increased memberships.
We had the odd glimmer of hope with a few finals appearances and we thought the worst was behind us only to slip back to a level that equates to our performances in our darkest years.

We're then told we have to start again and it will be another 3 years before things look up.
How many of our 45,000 plus membership would sign up again tomorrow.
A significant number wouldn't.

The disappointment is very apparent in here, and we're a sample of the more committed Carlton supporter.

I think we're fatigued by it all.
It shows in the posts.
It shows in the lack of appreciation of different points of view.
Arguments have again become quite personal in much the same way as they did during the Pagan years
In some cases we've turned to the 'black' humour as a way of dealing with it.
Frustration has given way to anger, and in some cases people have moved past that into a state of resignation that things aren't going to improve for a long time.

In such a climate it's pretty hard to achieve unity, especially when there appears to be a growing divide between coach and administration.

To achieve the unity we need some action that will give us hope, or at the very least indicate a change in direction.
Something to get behind
Give us something...anything!

Reply #10
The supporters are voting with their feet because THE PLAYERS are not putting in EFFORT.

I was at the game last week and it was ridiculous how little effort we showed.

I was asked by 2 seperate Geelong supporters to go tonight. I said no chance after what happened last week, the same will happen again tonight. It did.

Put in effort and i'll turn up. I'm a paid up member anyway, so whether i turn up or not doesn't make a difference to the bottom line anyway.

Yes Kruds, it's the players. ::) :o ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11
Yes Kruds, it's the players. ::) :o ;D

How many kicks did the coach get?
How many tackles?

The coach is not out on the ground the players are.

I don't' care if they are 1-armed 75 year old women....while you are out on the ground, wearing that jumper you put in effort. I don't care if Hitler himself is your coach, you put in effort.

THE PLAYERS are not doing that and until they do, i wont be going to another game this year....or next...regardless of who is coaching us.

Reply #12
Krud. In over so many years of football at VFL or AFL level, there have never been one armed or 75 year old women play for the Carlton football club. Especially one armed 75 year old women. While the coach is always questioned, the first problem always falls at the feet of the players. No coach states 35 tackles in a match is an O.K. result. The problem is that you can't sack 40 players and get 40 new players for the coach to work with in one season. We have a mess on so many levels, we don't even know where to start. I hope SOS is the start of a better path to follow in the future. I really do.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
How many kicks did the coach get?
How many tackles?

The coach is not out on the ground the players are.

I don't' care if they are 1-armed 75 year old women....while you are out on the ground, wearing that jumper you put in effort. I don't care if Hitler himself is your coach, you put in effort.

THE PLAYERS are not doing that and until they do, i wont be going to another game this year....or next...regardless of who is coaching us.

Well u r a fair weather supporter...

Reply #14
Great post Lods. Sums up well the frustration and anger. Just imagine working at the club at the moment. The failure would hang over all like a gloom.

Takes some real courage to work through this, hope the people there are up to it.