Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations (Read 59831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #30
That was a must win for Port and they threw everything at us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
This. Missed the first half, the property I was selling got passed in at 2.1 million but after watching that game I feel high on satisfaction. Go Blues.

You're a real estate agent?

I was just warming to you. 8)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #32
You're a real estate agent?

I was just warming to you. 8)

Mate don't look at me, we have a saying. 'All buyers are liars'. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
Weak link down back is definitely White, his average thought process really stands out when the side is up and running. Carrazzo also struggling. Rowe awful with ball in hand.

Carrazzo was very good I thought, his best game for the season, Rowe was also good.
White is just a very average footballer but he's the best we've got at the moment.
Cripps is one of those rare players who seems to have an extra split second with the ball, like Diesel Williams, his game was top notch but I still thought Murphy was our best.
Great to see the improvement in Graham, I didn't rate him at all but I'll be glad to eat my words.
I rated Bell from the start and he's going from strength to strength, he's very damaging and opposition teams will need to start paying him more attention.
Hard to pick a bad player today, the only mistake I thought Barker made was not getting Walker on for the last 20 minutes, by the time he made the move it was almost too late.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #34
Just got back - freezing! Great effort from the boys and a wonderful win! I will really enjoy my daughters birthday party tonight now.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
Carrazzo was very good I thought,  was almost too late.

I just think when he's so far in the clear that he can take his time and pick a target and instead just throws the ball on to the boot then he is struggling. Not the player he was.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
Yes, our list has some holes but put a coach in charge who isn't mired in the past and we're back on the winners' list  :)

However, I wouldn't get too carried away with Johnny Barker, any half decent coach could get more out of our list than the senile, selfish old git who ground us into the dirt.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
Yes, our list has some holes but put a coach in charge who isn't mired in the past and we're back on the winners' list  :)

However, I wouldn't get too carried away with Johnny Barker, any half decent coach could get more out of our list than the senile, selfish old git who ground is into the dirt.

Was destroying this club just like pagan. Can't believe we did it all over again.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
Port were right for the picking and when Gray went off the stars aligned, we had one of our better teams in for the season and they were unsettled making a lot of changes.
Barker has got the basics right and has concentrated on making the football more fun and attacking, plus he is giving kids responsibility and they are responding.
I'm not getting carried away with Barker but is he that good to turn around the teams effort?or was Malthouse that bad and out of touch with the modern game?....I'm thinking its more the latter....

Reply #39
Only club to win in two countries this season!!!

Reply #40
Exhilarating, brutal football!
Barker has modernised our team
Got us playing with guts and determination
The tackling today was the best I've seen in years
Cripps will be an absolute superstar, if he isn't already
Nick Graham..... I WAS WRONG!
Dylan Buckley... great run off half back
Doc.... future leader
Oh how we ve missed Kreuz!!
Sam Rowe is back to his 2014 form down back
Can not believe the difference in this side in the space of 3 weeks.
WOW... what a bit of confidence does to you!!!

Reply #41
Was destroying this club just like pagan. Can't believe we did it all over again.

Credit you... You saw if from the word go.
Me like a malaka, fell into the trap again lol

Reply #42
Port were right for the picking and when Gray went off the stars aligned, we had one of our better teams in for the season and they were unsettled making a lot of changes.
Barker has got the basics right and has concentrated on making the football more fun and attacking, plus he is giving kids responsibility and they are responding.
I'm not getting carried away with Barker but is he that good to turn around the teams effort?or was Malthouse that bad and out of touch with the modern game?....I'm thinking its more the latter....

I tend to agree after today. We seem to have a lot more urgency, confidence and spontaneity under Barker so far. We looked bogged down, tentative and hesitant by comparison under MM. This is only the start - I'm hoping for more improvement as our confidence builds and we get back some more belief.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #43
Patrick Cripps....

......that is all.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #44
Patrick Cripps....

......that is all.

Yep..but we need to get another big imposing mid  to help him out because teams will wise up now that he is our new gun and start targeting him...