Skip to main content
Topic: Curnow Ranked 2nd Best Tagger in AFL (Read 7821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Curnow Ranked 2nd Best Tagger in AFL

Reply #15
Curnow is the ideal player to have around the club. He keeps getting better because he is focused and works on perfecting. It seems that EdC is also a quality human being. He was a great acquisition, and he will keep getting better!

Reply #16
Curnow is the ideal player to have around the club. He keeps getting better because he is focused and works on perfecting. It seems that EdC is also a quality human being. He was a great acquisition, and he will keep getting better!

Fair point...his efforts to improve and make himself a senior footballer with hard training and work ethic are  a very good example to others and he has that in common with another player called Andrew Carrazzo who did it the hard way and has earned the respect of his teammates by his deeds on the field and on the track.
I have probably undervalued Ed Curnow but reading what you wrote Philip reminds me of how he has achieved senior status, how he trains and he deserves more credit from me and other rank and file members.

Reply #17
Stats are hugely influential in terms of directing us to our deficiencies. And strengths. Yet the human element and all its nuances, cannot be measured.

As a devoted supporter yet stats novice I do recall examining all the available figures in the Sunday Sun in the mid 80's.

To this day I recall, accurately, that our side (under Walls) consistently (against top sides) recorded less possessions etc but continued to win. He tought efficiency. Stats said we should lose.... often. Reality was that we won.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
To this day I recall, accurately, that our side (under Walls) consistently (against top sides) recorded less possessions etc but continued to win. He tought efficiency. Stats said we should lose.... often. Reality was that we won.

Have any stats on that?