Skip to main content
Topic: Skywhale or Skyboob? (Read 9999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Skywhale or Skyboob?

Reply #16
Waste of money......wonder what poor folk waiting for life saving drugs to be put on the subsidised list think of this piece of garbage masqauerading as Art...

Reply #17
Down south we are due to experience the glory of the Canberra Skywhale.

In all it's majesty, forty meters jug dangling glory!

I am all for public art, I support breast feeding and I fully sympathise with feminists and the GLBTI lobby.

But is a 40m high giant floating whale boob some sort of weird feminist lesbian artist protest, or am I just a lost cause???

I think I am too old for this world!

As a gay female I freakin hope it's not some feminist lesbian artist protest...it frightens the bejesus out of me haha. I actually think I turned a little straight just then  :o

Reply #18
As a gay female I freakin hope it's not some feminist lesbian artist protest...it frightens the bejesus out of me haha. I actually think I turned a little straight just then  :o

Sorry NM, I had watched some interviews with the artist an associated individuals discussing breast feeding, mother earth, gay rights and mystical wicken type crap and got a bit carried away!

But I suspect that is just the artist and the crew making an attempt to get the maximum public outreach from her work!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Weird looking at it from a distance, but I'd imagine if you're riding in the basket the view would be breathtaking!

Reply #20
Weird looking at it from a distance, but I'd imagine if you're riding in the basket the view would be breathtaking!

I suppose it depends whether you have happy or sad childhood memories, wheel out the Freudian analysis!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21

Sorry NM, I had watched some interviews with the artist an associated individuals discussing breast feeding, mother earth, gay rights and mystical wicken type crap and got a bit carried away!

But I suspect that is just the artist and the crew making an attempt to get the maximize public outreach from her work!

No apologies needed, it's a frighteningly funny project. I'd never even heard of it until I saw your post. It astounds me some of the art projects that get government funding. But, if nothing else, it keeps us amused.  

Reply #22
Apparently, the BEWBS (thanks Gozza) need to be filled with cold air to stop them from rising above the body of the air balloon when filled.

Maybe we can put this up as a great engineering feat of this century?

Reply #23
Apparently, the BEWBS (thanks Gozza) need to be filled with cold air to stop them from rising above the body of the air balloon when filled.

Does this mean that some women will now choose helium implants?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
Can't tell it's the offseason hey?
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #25

So Grannies are not full of hot air as some suggest!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26

Reply #27
Can't tell it's the offseason hey?

Yep, sure can. Reckon there'll be some classics from the lads over the next coupla months!

And the GozzMan, right on cue (see above)...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17