Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult to CHB (Read 17293 times) previous topic - next topic

Casboult to CHB

I thought I’d throw this one out for discussion. The fact is the guy can move and would be a challenge for any team bombing into their forward 50. Ok, he’s not the most agile, but he ain’t bad and his field kicking is generally ok.

Another benefit would be moving Jones out to the wing, which would mean that I wouldn’t need to bring an oxygen tank to the footy each week as I hold my breath with every kick me takes in D50.

Weitering FB, Casboult CHB and Marchbank third tall.

Food for thought!

Re: Casboult to CHB

Reply #1
Pass.
Unless Harry McKay gets injured Casboult will be playing in the reserves in 2019.

Reply #2
Not a fan, if this was a realistic option you would have thought it would have been tried, can't remember that happening. Our key defenders have started to to have some experience there and don't believe adding Levi will be of benifit . We are flush with , re genuine defenders with out trying to manufacture a role for some one , who hasn't really created his space. If we weren't so desperate at times he wouldn't have played the games he has

Reply #3
I think Levi's card is marked and will only be getting senior games due to injuries to other players. He may surprise us but I'm not expecting too much.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
The deficiencies in Casboult’s toolkit that limit his effectiveness as a forward would be exploited by most key forwards.

SOS made it clear that Levi is there to provide ruck depth and, hopefully, he won’t have to be called on.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Not smart enough, not fast enough and not hard enough. This is it for Levi, just can't see him getting a gig at all in the seniors this year even if we had another horrific run with injuries. I reckon he'll even struggle at the bullants.

Reply #6
An Interesting thought, and not to be ignored. However, I don't think we'll do it.
[1] Levi doesn't have the recovery on the ground that many of the better forwards have.
[2] Given a free run at the ball, he would take quite a few marks in defence.
[3] Levi isn't hard enough. I was watching his 1st season a few days ago and Levi chased and tackled. If he did that now, he wouldn't have been dropped to the 2nds.
[4] Levi's body work isn't that great, but it might be good enough to put someone else off.
[5] Levi would be butchered on the lead. He doesn't have the football smarts to react to a leading forward.
[6] Levi's kicking is better than it was, but you wouldn't want him kicking out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Could work. I know people rubbish Jones but I like him in defence, reinvented himself. Levi could do the same. He could replace Rowe as the gorilla minder.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
New rules for 2019 could see all sorts of changes we wouldn't normally think about, it will be interesting to see the different tactics teams use.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
New rules for 2019 could see all sorts of changes we wouldn't normally think about, it will be interesting to see the different tactics teams use.
And if we can be ahead of the game with some radical ideas to exploit the rule changes, it would be more than a welcome change.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
A longshot....but careers have been saved before with similar experiments.

Give him a half a dozen games in the VFL in a defensive role.

That would give you a good idea as to whether it was an experiment worth continuing.

Reply #11
Dont see Levi at CHB..too slow and unreliable with his disposal...Goddard is the backup KP defender and I believe Kerr will be given opportunities down back too.....Levi has been on the trade table for two trade periods now without a bite.....he is backup for Mckay, Charlie only and maybe ruck backup but we all know he is history next delist period.

Reply #12
He is a back up for McKay.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
Dont see Levi at CHB..too slow and unreliable with his disposal...Goddard is the backup KP defender and I believe Kerr will be given opportunities down back too.....Levi has been on the trade table for two trade periods now without a bite.....he is backup for Mckay, Charlie only and maybe ruck backup but we all know he is history next delist period.
Sam Rowe was slower than Levi and had worse disposal skills. Agree re Goddard and there is also Macreadie.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
For all his faults Rowe made a lot of spoils and allowed others eg Jones to play preferred positions.  He was our only option on the bigger marking types eg Petrie.

Levi is pigeon hole as the back up second ruck. SOS outlined thus in an interview after trade week.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?