Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 59324 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #255
Sacking him now isn't going to happen
And when and if he does go he should have some company.

Anyway I'm off to the footy to hopefully watch him coach a winning game.

Enjoy the game Lods - I hope your team wins  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #256
You may remember that my thoughts on Rattens sacking alingned with yours at the time. Probably a bit harsh, but with all the external pressure, it had to happen.
You would be aware that my thoughts on Malthouse seems contrary to public opinion. In the end, with all the external pressure, it had to happen.
Now....we are starting to get some external pressure on Bolton.
Connect the dots.

Basically we cannot undo what was done in the past. I've been very strong on the fact that the problem has NOT been with the coaches, but with the club as a whole. Partly due to the way it implodes when external pressure starts getting applied....by that vocal minority.

I wish the club had balls to back Ratten in.
I with the club had balls to let Malthouse do what he wanted and actually supported him rather than hang him out to dry.
I hope the club does NOT go through this same knee jerk reaction now.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it

So with that in mind, and knowing that the club expected a 3-year draft top up, doing anything other than back Bolton (and a rebuilt club i might add) in, would be absolute madness.

But what if we've finally changed our ways only to, ironically, stay the course with the wrong people on the wrong course?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #257
But what if we've finally changed our ways only to, ironically, stay the course with the wrong people on the wrong course?

I'm not saying he has lifetime immunity. But what i'm saying is that now its too soon to change.

Reply #258
Sacking him now isn't going to happen
And when and if he does go he should have some company.

Anyway I'm off to the footy to hopefully watch him coach a winning game.

You might be the lucky omen, Principal LODS.

If by the second half of the year we're producing the same, or worse, then he's gone and as you so rightly state, so should a few others.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #259
fifth season, many haven't got that many, need to show something now to keep the faith

Reply #260

So long as we aren't leaking talent you stay the course.

If we become too impatient then we'll prematurely cause failure irrespective of whether or not it can succeed.

We did the same with ratten which sparked a mass exodus and a rebuild anyway. 

We'll only do the same if we sack Bolton.

fifth season, many haven't got that many, need to show something now to keep the faith

I think you should count the seasons hes been coaching again.  Last I checked he took over towards the end of 2015. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #261
Footy Classified tonight  had Chris Judd in the hot seat talking about the clubs woes, Caro and Damian Ferret tried to bait him with Bolton has to go at years end if the present
form line continues but Judd held his ground and played the party line tune that he expects BB to be the coach next year and there after.
Theme was we are all in this together and he knows its a results based business etc etc....his workmates took it easy on him and didnt ask him too many difficult questions but
Caro was the one who probably got the only arrow through the defense when she questioned the development of players like SPS, Harry etc but there want much damage inflicted on C.Judd who plays a very straight media bat...

Reply #262
He actually defended our player development, saying he’s happy with where the kids are, particularly the 4th year players from 2015 draft. Best part was when the development of Harry was brought up, he ripped ‘What, the 2nd best contested marks total ever in the first 3 rounds isn’t good enough for you ?’ LOL!!!

Reply #263
Footy Classified tonight  had Chris Judd in the hot seat talking about the clubs woes, Caro and Damian Ferret tried to bait him with Bolton has to go at years end if the present
form line continues but Judd held his ground and played the party line tune that he expects BB to be the coach next year and there after.
Theme was we are all in this together and he knows its a results based business etc etc....his workmates took it easy on him and didnt ask him too many difficult questions but
Caro was the one who probably got the only arrow through the defense when she questioned the development of players like SPS, Harry etc but there want much damage inflicted on C.Judd who plays a very straight media bat...

Judd is a good person to have in our corner, because he's smart and won't ever get caught out by peanuts asking supposedly "probing" questions. He's also one of the very few CFC people who have a genuine media presence, with his appearances on FC, regular columns in print media etc.

Reply #264
https://www.bay13sports.com.au/latest-sports-news/2019/4/15/the-blues-0-4-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly?fbclid=IwAR3mIfhr5H93ICyOsMn2jCMijgv3ri6Z9IiJ5D4DsT_0cy-NWLjxHbt75l4

What works

defence - Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering and Lachie Plowman can hardly be faulted.  These guys are rock solid and supported by Dale Thomas, Kade Simpson and Caleb Marchbank

running, effort, contest, intensity and pressure:

contested marks - 2nd in the competition

rebound 50s - 2nd in the competition

centre clearances - 4th in the competition

contested possessions - 6th in the competition

clearances - 6th in the competition

tackles - 6th in the competition

1 percenters - 7th in the competition
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Liddle

Reply #265
Judging by the images of a distraught BB being consoled in the rooms by Liddle, and what he said about BB when door stopped today,  I wouldnt have thought so.

You really think Liddle has a say? Once the pokie king has had enough he's gone.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #266
Judd is a good person to have in our corner, because he's smart and won't ever get caught out by peanuts asking supposedly "probing" questions. He's also one of the very few CFC people who have a genuine media presence, with his appearances on FC, regular columns in print media etc.

Nah, Judd handled Caro with aplomb.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Liddle

Reply #267
You really think Liddle has a say? Once the pokie king has had enough he's gone.
Surely those days are over.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #269

Yep absolutely.  The thing is he has credibility of being the games best player (at least for a while), and isn't your typical footballer as he speaks eloquently as well as not getting caught up in sensationalism.

I would love to hear what he would have to say about the Ratten situation back then when he was playing.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson