Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 59394 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #300
This Morris individual has been privy to inside stuff before.   It's either being deliberately leaked  or we have a mole. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #302
How the f... would the journo know this:

Sounds like he's being lined up for the axe to swing...

Yep, the jungle drums have started. Ratten /Malthouse MKII. Let's see what the club is made of this time.

Also, I don't think it's uncommon for rookie coaches to over coach.

Reply #303
How the f... would the journo know this:

Sounds like he's being lined up for the axe to swing...

Yep if thats all true and correct then BB is just waiting for the timber to arrive for the gallows to be built.

Reply #304
Yep if thats all true and correct then BB is just waiting for the timber to arrive for the gallows to be built.

Yes EB, given the sad events re Notre Dame today, perhaps the best term is guillotine?  :(
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #305
Yet another to have drunk from the poisoned chalice perhaps?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #306
It could be true, but it all sounds like a fishing expedition. So his biggest problems are that he's trying too hard and doing too much ? That's very different to saying he can't coach, there's no game plan etc.

Bullshyte made up by a regular offender.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #307
I'm not averse to sacking  Bolton,  but not during the season.  I don't see how a measured decision can be made while the season is on. Any time after the coach is sacked is dead time,  might as well pack up for the Year. Why front up?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #309
Bullshyte made up by a regular offender.

Well, I'd be curious to know the % of fact to fantasy. Bolton mentioned in his last presser that he wants to avoid over coaching Walsh, so it seems as though on some level he understands the concept.

Reply #310
Whilst we have Mathiesons and Pratts pulling the strings, we will be a basket case. How long have they been involved at our club? How many coaches and CEOs have they sacked? Where has it got us? Common denominator?

Amen brother. Amen. Time to chisel off these barnacles. But how?

We’ve all heard the story of how George Harris became so fed up with an underperforming Carlton in 1964 that he turned to his mate and said he’d had enough. Premiership 3 years later in ‘68.

Is anyone here cashed up enough to replicate this scenario? Can we, as mere members, storm the Bastille (condolences to our French comrades in this difficult time. Rest assured, my dear cheese eating surrender monkeys, that the good lady will be rebuilt quicker than the Carlton Football Club!)?

Isn’t there an American club wholly owned by its members? Green Bay Packers?

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #311
Well, I'd be curious to know the % of fact to fantasy. Bolton mentioned in his last presser that he wants to avoid over coaching Walsh, so it seems as though on some level he understands the concept.

Maybe he tried to over coach a few other kids initially and its didnt go down well especially if one kids name was Silvagni?
Take your point on Buckley but his defense lawyer Eddie McGuire was the right man to have in your corner at the right time, not sure BB has that type of heavyweight support.
I'm with Prof that I dont see the point of sacking Bolton mid season and I'm more of a fan of a overall club review rather than just the usual sack the coach routine.

Reply #312

I'm not averse to sacking  Bolton,  but not during the season.  I don't see how a measured decision can be made while the season is on. Any time after the coach is sacked is dead time,  might as well pack up for the Year. Why front up?

I think even among the Bolton doubters most would see a mid-season sacking as a bit pointless.

If he were to be sacked now it would split the club.
I suspect the number who still maintain the faith still retains the majority.
And to abandon it would leave us in a "What the F*** now!" situation
There's no obvious replacement and any new coach would only be there in a caretaker role.
Much more sensible to see it through until the end of the year and then make the call.

It's delicately poised.
We're not playing for draft picks.
So winning is on the agenda.
If we can snag a few wins without any catastrophic losses he can survive.

Reply #313

I think even among the Bolton doubters most would see a mid-season sacking as a bit pointless.

If he were to be sacked now it would split the club.
I suspect the number who still maintain the faith still retains the majority.
And to abandon it would leave us in a "What the F*** now!" situation
There's no obvious replacement and any new coach would only be there in a caretaker role.
Much more sensible to see it through until the end of the year and then make the call.

It's delicately poised.
We're not playing for draft picks.
So winning is on the agenda.
If we can snag a few wins without any catastrophic losses he can survive.

We cant afford to sack Bolton after our strategy of the last 4 years.

We would look absolutely rudderless,  reactive and like we have gone through a process only to get it so badly wrong it could only have been faked.

I'd be calling a review of everything at end of season and doing nothing else aside from signaling the beginning of it now.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #314
4 more losses and he is cooked.
And so he should be.

He has displayed nothing at this stage that suggests he can do the job.
Yes he’s a teacher blah blah
There is no point teaching someone stuff when they should be focusing on other things although that is probably what our education system has done for a hundred years

He is either the right man for the job or he’s not.
The best thing for young players is success and these guys are starting to look mentally shot after all these losses

For those that say wait, what if he leaves and we win 5 of the next 10 games? Is it worth it then?

Will that help the kids more than continuing to lose?